Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This seems sort of relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Congrats on the Hall of Fame, Theo.

An owner going in the HOF would be kinda gross tbh

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

beejay posted:

Do you... do you not know who Theo Epstein is?

Between the miracle story and outrage over somebody's Trump donations, I forgot who's who in the Cubs org due to fatigue. :sweatdrop:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Please come soon, unverified "best shape of his life" reports.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The design on the 40oz label is 2012's Postseason logos.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This is just a reminder that sports team owners are ridiculously wealthy slimeballs and the eventual collapse of the RSN TV bubble couldn't happen to a nicer group of folks.

http://www.mccaskill.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2016-12-23%20Portman%20and%20McCaskill%20letter%20to%20Comcast%20re%20billing%20practices.pdf

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Inspector_666 posted:

The bursting of that bubble is going to be used to justify massively slashing payroll so I dunno how much I am rooting for it.

It's still money from the pockets who give no poo poo about your sport and just want to watch CNN or Syfy or something. Besides, it's up to MLBPA to convince owners that a winning baseball team is the best way to draw money instead of the next Marlins Park boondoggle.

Just make the RSN an optional expense for sports fans, like an HBO or something. People who want the games will pay for it.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 5, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

no no, Matt Moore for Matt Duffy and friends was a total steal!

This actually wasn't bad considering it looks like Duffy's ankle issues could make him a first season mirage. I'm rooting for him, though!

I'm not particularly upset at the team's trades compared to the team's signings, but on the trade level Duvall is the only really annoying thing and he wasn't going to get any playing time anyway because Pagan occupies a place of honor in Bochy's veteran fetish.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Timby posted:

When do we start talking about MLB.tv shares?

They crushed the hell out of that last year, because they began selling family plans that offer almost no savings at all. They also stepped up their VPN detection game, but probably 70% of the huge banwave last season was specifically for account sharing, the other 30 for blackout circumventing.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I know neither the owners nor the union have the best interest of foreign players at heart, but it's pretty dumb that both sides agreed to deal that discourages the best players abroad from playing in MLB.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The only thing I'm going to say is that if you're going to become a Dodger fan in 2017, you're going to become a Dodger fan the year after Vin retired. That takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

But if you also live in Seattle so you don't have to experience Dodger Stadium traffic ever. At least you have that.

bawfuls posted:

V: I am not sure that the anger this will cause among Giants fans is worth the disappointment of taking on yet another washed up Giant. Think I'd prefer Blanton.

Everybody was furious at the entire bullpen save Derek Law, so nobody's going to be mad. It makes sense for Romo. His family are Dodger fans. He did a car commercial with his Dad in the background constantly trying to get him to go play for the Dodgers. ("Are you SURE you don't want to play for LA?" "You could have TWO of these if you played for LA.")

The only way to make Giants fans mad about Romo is if he went to the Cardinals and inhaled the Magic Pitcher Dust and began missing left side hitters again.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 3, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'll always remember Romo for aiding in one of the biggest playoff meltdowns of all time. :allears:

For you, it was a shocking event.
For people who watched the Giants all season, it was This poo poo Once Again.

Later, Romo. They don't have a mascot in LA so your photobombs and Special Event Day outfits are necessary to bring joy into their soulless lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
What am I looking for there?

I thought maybe it was the wrong commish signature, but nope.

• Locked thread