Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Duke?
This poll is closed.
Gross 25 18.38%
Disgusting 30 22.06%
Vile 38 27.94%
Abhorrent 43 31.62%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm excited for Butler's game against Cincinnati this Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I'm sure that I'm late on this, but I'm ALLLLLL the way in on Marcus Keene, this dude was pulling turn around jumpers from deep NBA range against UWGB

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Hello Towel posted:

Indiana vs. Southeast Missouri State was probably one of the worst D-I basketball games I've ever seen in person. I mean, we won by 28, but it was just tedious. I swear the majority of plays in the second half ended in a foul or a turnover. SEMO shot 31% from the field.

Over the holidays I'm planning on going to as many games for various teams as I can. Can any Purdue people tell me good sections to sit in at Mackey? I'll probably be there for the 12/21 game against Norfolk State.

For that one you should be able to Stubhub some seats in the lower bowl at a reasonable price. The sightlines are all pretty good everywhere, last few games I've been to I've been in the top row near midcourt. You can see everything really well and use the back wall as a seat back.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Evansville beat Bowling Green in a game with 47 fouls. Evansville had 7 team fouls in the first 3 and a half minutes of the second half. Also Evansville has a player named Willy Wiley III.

Views: Love my bad mid major.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 7, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
All these local stories about UNLV and Duke's diverging paths since their last game makes me so sad

This is what happens when your administration are all complete idiots for nearly 30 years

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Peanut President posted:

Evansville beat Bowling Green in a game with 47 fouls. Evansville had 7 team fouls in the first 3 and a half minutes of the second half. Also Evansville has a player named Willy Wiley III.

Views: Love my bad mid major.

I'm excited to watch some team set the record for most fouls in an NCAA tournament game on one player against Tacko Fall.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I think SDSU is bad now

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I think SDSU is bad now

Welcome

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lol

I want to say more, but

Rude.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

It's been 5 years to the day since Christian Watford hit a three pointer against Kentucky to bring Indiana "back."

(Of course, people forget that that game was sandwiched between solid wins @NC State and vs. Notre Dame, both tournament teams - but that doesn't make for a nice story.)

I remember watching that game with a bunch of strangers on my laptop in an undergraduate dining hall.

On December 10 the next year, Indiana was #1 in the polls. It was supposed to be "our year" - Cody and Victor and Christian and Jordan and young Yogi Ferrell. It was supposed to be the year of "the Movement" - which in the end amounted to one withdrawn scholarship, one dismissal, two transfers, and one of the better point guards in IU history. That one ended in disappointment in the Sweet Sixteen because Tom Crean can't run an offense against the zone.

The next two seasons were abject disappointments - a rejected CBI invitation and a first-round NCAA exit at the hands of Fred VanVleet. By December 10, 2014, the program was still recovering (literally and figuratively) from a string of arrests and accidents that left one player with serious brain injuries.

By December 10, 2015, many people were convinced Tom Crean was out of a job. We had lost 2 of 3 in Maui and just been beaten down at Duke. We were still 9 days away from the win against Notre Dame that would prove to be the turning point of the season - a season that would end with an outright Big Ten title, another win over Kentucky, and another loss in the Sweet Sixteen.

So here we are again on December 10. This team, with wins over Kansas and North Carolina, is undoubtedly the best team Tom Crean has had at Indiana since 2012-13. It could contend for a Final Four spot at the end of the year.

Five years goes by fast.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
In KU news, Carlton Bragg has been arrested for battery and won't play today. I'm expecting him to be done for the season

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article119896743.html

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

gently caress Duke and gently caress the NCAA

Also gently caress UNLV's continuous string of incompetent administrators :negative:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hello Towel posted:

It's been 5 years to the day since Christian Watford hit a three pointer against Kentucky to bring Indiana "back."

(Of course, people forget that that game was sandwiched between solid wins @NC State and vs. Notre Dame, both tournament teams - but that doesn't make for a nice story.)

I remember watching that game with a bunch of strangers on my laptop in an undergraduate dining hall.

On December 10 the next year, Indiana was #1 in the polls. It was supposed to be "our year" - Cody and Victor and Christian and Jordan and young Yogi Ferrell. It was supposed to be the year of "the Movement" - which in the end amounted to one withdrawn scholarship, one dismissal, two transfers, and one of the better point guards in IU history. That one ended in disappointment in the Sweet Sixteen because Tom Crean can't run an offense against the zone.

The next two seasons were abject disappointments - a rejected CBI invitation and a first-round NCAA exit at the hands of Fred VanVleet. By December 10, 2014, the program was still recovering (literally and figuratively) from a string of arrests and accidents that left one player with serious brain injuries.

By December 10, 2015, many people were convinced Tom Crean was out of a job. We had lost 2 of 3 in Maui and just been beaten down at Duke. We were still 9 days away from the win against Notre Dame that would prove to be the turning point of the season - a season that would end with an outright Big Ten title, another win over Kentucky, and another loss in the Sweet Sixteen.

So here we are again on December 10. This team, with wins over Kansas and North Carolina, is undoubtedly the best team Tom Crean has had at Indiana since 2012-13. It could contend for a Final Four spot at the end of the year.

Five years goes by fast.

And they're going down on the 17th.

I hope.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

pubic works project posted:

And they're going down on the 17th.

I hope.

Kinda don't think so. I still have bad memories of that 2012 upset though.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

gently caress Duke and gently caress the NCAA

Also gently caress UNLV's continuous string of incompetent administrators :negative:

gently caress Dave Rice fans they should follow their guy and become Reno fans

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Hello Towel posted:

Five years goes by fast.

gently caress Indiana and Tom Crean.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 11, 2016

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

UNM saw UNLV and SDSU and went "We can hit rock bottom faster!"

Wyoming's gonna play Nevada for the MWC Championship.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

OG Anunoby has been cleared to play against Butler. :getin:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern's Aaron Falzon will have season-ending knee surgery. Falzon started a bunch of games as a true frosh last year and was a shooter with some size off the bench and they'll be really thin heading into conference play because the shooter with size who they recruited got injured and hasn't played a game. That means they'll need a big season from Nate Taphorn, a senior shooter with size who can't defend big ten players.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington is going to miss the tournament with a top-5 NBA draft pick

Fire Lorenzo Romar

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Benne posted:

Washington is going to miss the tournament with a top-5 NBA draft pick

Fire Lorenzo Romar

You guys have quietly put a ton of players in the NBA while playing in a pretty weak conference and have nothing to show for it. Is he just west coast Rick Barnes without the consistent tournament appearances?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FartingBedpost posted:

UNM saw UNLV and SDSU and went "We can hit rock bottom faster!"

Wyoming's gonna play Nevada for the MWC Championship.

Nah, SDSU will do what they did last year and be like 7-6 in non conference, then rip through the MWC, go like 15-3, and get blasted in the MWC title game and miss the tournament again

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

OG Anunoby has been cleared to play against Butler. :getin:

Awwww yeah. Rather beat IU at full strength anyways.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

stump collector posted:

In KU news, Carlton Bragg has been arrested for battery and won't play today. I'm expecting him to be done for the season

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article119896743.html

edit: yeah that was a bad idea sorry.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 13, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Man can we not?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Well, this is just loving awful:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/michigan/2016/12/12/wsu-player-murder/95352116/

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Terrible loss to Boston College last night should serve as a reminder that Auburn is Not There Yet -- still too young, lineup hasn't gelled, unaccustomed to playing on a big stage. Some fans had started to get ahead of themselves after a good start to nonconference play.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah, I heard about this right after it happened because I know some people at the WMU athletics department. Awful, awful stuff.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
EDIT: I am not smart

FrankeeFrankFrank fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 14, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Carlton Bragg's charges have been dismissed. The girl is being charged with battery.

Video evidence can be a bitch like that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm glad Bragg isn't a piece of poo poo. And second to that, am glad that he's back on the team.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I did a Big XII power ranking: http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/12/15/13967538/big-12-mbb-power-ranking-non-conference-edition

Summary: :lol: Texas

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I don't understand how Shaka Smart isn't wrecking at Texas, its not like CFB where all of the highschools run the exact same system

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't understand how Shaka Smart isn't wrecking at Texas, its not like CFB where all of the highschools run the exact same system

He was a bad hire, op.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Texas continuing to be middle of the road at like everything, while having more money than god, never ceases to amuse me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know nobody is interested in the Bragg situation and I already got in trouble posting about the girl. So let me just say without being specific that this girl's brother was apparently involved in a Isis-linked shooting and was shot by cops because life is loving weird.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Texas continuing to be middle of the road at like everything, while having more money than god, never ceases to amuse me.

I think having more money than god is actually the problem.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

The Glumslinger posted:

Good teams can beat that press? His day in and out competition is quite a bit better than it was at VCU.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

Good teams can beat that press? His day in and out competition is quite a bit better than it was at VCU.

I went over this at the time, but I am still not sold he's a good coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Regnevelc posted:

So it was mainly a lack of scouting and prep time that lead to his tournament success?

Fake edit: Actually, looks like scouting caught on quickly in the tournament after the big VCU run, never got to the sweet sixteen again

• Locked thread