Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I'm just popping in to remind Transformers fans everywhere that this exists:

Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Polaron posted:

I'm just popping in to remind Transformers fans everywhere that this exists:

Thank you for your time.

gently caress you.

Edit: I should probably add context to this.

That's "The Beast", a combination of the Dinobots that only ever appeared in pack-in comics for a DVD set. Essentially, when the DVDs for Micron Legend (the Japanese version of Armada) were released in Japan, there was a well received pack-in comics with each volume called Linkage. It filled in holes in the series, and was very nicely designed, written, and plotted. It had about 13 volumes to fulfill its story, had a full ending, expanded the lore, and is actually in many ways seen as superior to the series it was packed with.

Metrodome, the UK distributor of Generation 1 DVDs at the time, were inspired to create their own pack-in comic, "The Beast Within". Essentially, in the middle of a random battle between Autobots and Decepticons, Grimlock decides to forcibly combine with the other Dinobots (which is suggested to have occurred before), with horrific consequences. As in, murdering pretty much 90% of both sides present. The comic just comes out of nowhere with no context, kills off all the Decepticon combiners (remember, this is packed in with Generation 1 episodes), and turns on the Autobots. A later release then has the second part, where The Beast kills some Autobots, then Optimus knocks him off a cliff and that apparently kills the combiner.

Please forget that this is literally impossible in any reviewing of the plot of the series it was included with, that it was poorly drawn, lettered in Comic Sans, needlessly dark, and does nothing more than snuff out a bunch of robots for no reason. In fact, you can forget all of that, because the entire thing has been wiped from canon and should never be mentioned again in polite company.

Like Kiss Players.

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 8, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kurui Reiten posted:

gently caress you.

That's "The Beast", a combination of the Dinobots that only ever appeared in pack-in comics for a DVD set. Essentially, when the DVDs for Micron Legend (the Japanese version of Armada) were released in Japan, there was a well received pack-in comics with each volume called Linkage. It filled in holes in the series, and was very nicely designed, written, and plotted. It had about 13 volumes to fulfill its story, had a full ending, expanded the lore, and is actually in many ways seen as superior to the series it was packed with.

Metrodome, the UK distributor of Generation 1 DVDs at the time, were inspired to create their own pack-in comic, "The Beast Within". Essentially, in the middle of a random battle between Autobots and Decepticons, Grimlock decides to forcibly combine with the other Dinobots (which is suggested to have occurred before), with horrific consequences. As in, murdering pretty much 90% of both sides present. The comic just comes out of nowhere with no context, kills off all the Decepticon combiners (remember, this is packed in with Generation 1 episodes), and turns on the Autobots. A later release then has the second part, where The Beast kills some Autobots, then Optimus knocks him off a cliff and that apparently kills the combiner.

Please forget that this is literally impossible in any reviewing of the plot of the series it was included with, that it was poorly drawn, lettered in Comic Sans, needlessly dark, and does nothing more than snuff out a bunch of robots for no reason. In fact, you can forget all of that, because the entire thing has been wiped from canon and should never be mentioned again in polite company.

Like Kiss Players.

No one would mention kiss players if people wouldn't keep bringing up how we need to never bring up kiss players!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

No one would mention kiss players if people wouldn't keep bringing up how we need to never bring up kiss players!

The first rule of KISS Players Club is you do not talk about KISS Players Club.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I opened up my main PC today discover I no longer, in fact, have Transformers Devastation or Xenoverse, and my saves for both games are gone, including all of the SS ranks and Z ranks that I earned in them. Given those were the first two games I ever meticulously got max ranks in, I am a little blown out by it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Onmi posted:

So I opened up my main PC today discover I no longer, in fact, have Transformers Devastation or Xenoverse, and my saves for both games are gone, including all of the SS ranks and Z ranks that I earned in them. Given those were the first two games I ever meticulously got max ranks in, I am a little blown out by it.

Did you do any fiddling with Steam cloud stuff? That seems like a thing that might happen. God knows it's happened to me with other stuff before (and is why games I'm really fond for I find the save game file for and back it up periodically).

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Kurui Reiten posted:

Please forget that this is literally impossible in any reviewing of the plot of the series it was included with, that it was poorly drawn, lettered in Comic Sans, needlessly dark, and does nothing more than snuff out a bunch of robots for no reason. In fact, you can forget all of that, because the entire thing has been wiped from canon and should never be mentioned again in polite company

THE BEAST is 100% as canon as this game :v:

I love that stupid thing because of how infamously bad it is and how visceral a reaction it gets from TF fans. The writer, Darren Jamieson, keeps defending his work on it and blames the limited pagecount for any incoherence. Like THE BEAST is in any way anything anyone wanted from a Dinobots Combiner.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Did you do any fiddling with Steam cloud stuff? That seems like a thing that might happen. God knows it's happened to me with other stuff before (and is why games I'm really fond for I find the save game file for and back it up periodically).

Tried, didn't work. Oh well. ROUND TWO MOTHERFUCKERS! Did it once, I can do it again.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kurui Reiten posted:

gently caress you.

Like Kiss Players.

What is this "Kiss Players" of which you speak? It sounds like a horribly disturbing, basically pedophillic bit of insanity that absolutely did not exist in any way shape or form.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Geostomp posted:

What is this "Kiss Players" of which you speak? It sounds like a horribly disturbing, basically pedophillic bit of insanity that absolutely did not exist in any way shape or form.

That's pretty much it. Also for the love of all that is good and holy, do NOT do a Google Image search of it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Look at you guys acting like any Transformer series wouldn't be vastly improved by the inclusion of Legion:dong:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

IronSaber posted:

That's pretty much it. Also for the love of all that is good and holy, do NOT do a Google Image search of it.
True. I did.
Do not repeat my mistake.

edit: I went one better and put in into the TF wiki- WHAT THE poo poo JAPAN

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 8, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you are all doing this to yourselves

i have no part in this

i want that on record right the gently caress now

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Orv posted:

Stop this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Coolguye posted:

i have no part in this

It's like people googling lemonparty or goatse and them getting mad you told them not to.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

i have no part in this

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I knew this thread wouldn't let me down.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
The TF Wiki page about it is gold.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Beast_Within

"As far as Hasbro is concerned, 'There never was a Dinobot combiner.'"

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 9, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

dragon_pamcake posted:

Can we talk about how amazing the TF wiki is?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Beast_Within

Errors
This comic was produced.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Coolguye posted:

i have no part in this

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dragon_pamcake posted:

Even if there was, "The Beast" is a lovely name for it when they could call it "Extinction" instead.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Even if there was, "The Beast" is a lovely name for it when they could call it "Extinction" instead.

Won't lie. Extinction is a badass name for a combiner.

Just, ya know, not THAT combiner. Because that is a sin against Cyber-nature.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I will be observing.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Fish Noise posted:

I will be observing.

Soundwave is always listening... always watching! :tinfoil:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

I will be observing.

Can't wait for him to drop his next whiff-tape.

Frankly surprised there's not actually a Transformer named Whiff.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheLastRoboKy posted:

There is, but he prefers Shockwave.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

My money is on either A) there was one, but was ultimately given a different name for some reason, or B), Hasbro decided the name "Whiff" was not as marketable of a name for a toy and went back to option A.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fish Noise posted:

I will be observing.

Fish Noise: Superior. TF Devastation Thread: Inferior.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

:drat:

That's cold, man. accurate, but cold.

Orv
May 4, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's hosed up.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Orv posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's hosed up.

So's his aim

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

:drat:

That's cold, man. accurate, but cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ItfWY3xMQ "You can't shoot for poo poo, Shockwave!"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

So's his aim

And his face.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

also his logic

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

just kidding we love you shockwave

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 2 - Youtube | Polsy

New Characters added to the character section!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Given the Devastator fight in chaper 1 I have toi ask, does this game follow the Platinum Escalation Curve of "start out ludicrous, go up from there"?

And ranks go by the Viewtiful Joe ranks. D'oh, Crappy, Baaad, Awesome, and then Spectacular/Viewtiful/Pure Platinum/Whatever.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 10, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Given the Devastator fight in chaper 1 I have toi ask, does this game follow the Platinum Escalation Curve of "start out ludicrous, go up from there"?

Chapter 2 is kinda tame in comparison (but still pretty cool) but after that it starts amping things upwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cryo weapons actually have a chance to freeze enemies.

• Locked thread