Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
plus cactuars can't wear gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The cosmology of this game is all kind of loving crazy.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
Everything about Enna Kros is crazy. What is the throne she mentions when talking to Big Bridge Alexander in the Omega God DLC? That's what I want to know myself.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Logical1234 posted:

Everything about Enna Kros is crazy. What is the throne she mentions when talking to Big Bridge Alexander in the Omega God DLC? That's what I want to know myself.

Also, according to the Who's who her and Alexander are the same???

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

They released paid DLC for this game. Yes they are palette swaps, still cute though

2P Tama
2P Serafie
Astraea (Einhander)
Iris (Phoenix)
Kaguya Flan (Flan Princess)
Dark Behemot
Kobold Mimic
Nidhogg (Tiamat)
Sky Dragon
and Topaz Carbuncle

:3:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Txn posted:

They released paid DLC for this game. Yes they are palette swaps, still cute though

2P Tama
2P Serafie
Astraea (Einhander)
Iris (Phoenix)
Kaguya Flan (Flan Princess)
Dark Behemot
Kobold Mimic
Nidhogg (Tiamat)
Sky Dragon
and Topaz Carbuncle

:3:

Really, just 100% palette swaps? Guess they avoid complaints of p2w that way given there's pvp multiplayer. Has anyone actually played the multiplayer? Is it any good?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Really, just 100% palette swaps? Guess they avoid complaints of p2w that way given there's pvp multiplayer. Has anyone actually played the multiplayer? Is it any good?
They are palette swaps but have different abilities here and there. For example, P2 Tama has Bio, Dark Behemot has Regen, Bravery and Banishra.

I'm tempted to start a new game just to use these.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Those sure are some jacked up prices though. Maybe if they had put up a pack with everything I could swallow it but at $2-3 a piece I am having a hard time with justification even if this ended up being my GOTY.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
So apparently the PS4 pro fix patch is coming in early January for Japan. Hopefully not long after for the west.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

bloodychill posted:

So apparently the PS4 pro fix patch is coming in early January for Japan. Hopefully not long after for the west.

I haven't tried to play on the pro, what's wrong with it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Due to some wonkiness with the programming everything looks really blurry.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Kalenn Istarion posted:

There's some issue that causes an intense fuzziness in all graphics except the UI. The best way to describe it is that it looks like someone added a thick layer of Vaseline to the lens. I mostly noticed because I upgraded to a pro 3/4 of the way through the game and was immediately surprised by it. If someone started on a pro, they might think that this was how it was supposed to look.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
someone posted some comparison shots earlier in the thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796442&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post466608480

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Ew weird, glad I've been playing on my vita for the last couple weeks.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I haven't noticed an issue on my Pro so you may have to be using 4K.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I have it on a pro and very much noticed it. I'm playing on a 1080p tv though so it may be the down-sampling that is causing it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's something to do with how the game scales the dof or internal resolution

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I found the secret area in the Nether Nebula, and acquiring the other 2 mini-versions of the Pleiad got me into enough fights to now have my main party within kissing distance of Level 30. Oh well, wasn't in this for the difficulty anyway.

I did try to pick a fight with the Goblin Princess and got my head smashed in for my trouble, so there's that.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I found the secret area in the Nether Nebula, and acquiring the other 2 mini-versions of the Pleiad got me into enough fights to now have my main party within kissing distance of Level 30. Oh well, wasn't in this for the difficulty anyway.

I did try to pick a fight with the Goblin Princess and got my head smashed in for my trouble, so there's that.

Just hit her with her status weakness (confusion maybe?) and imprism her. I always keep a stack of status items so I don't have to roll with status spells on the off chance il need them unless I want to.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
there are some fights I've definitely only won because I hit the imprism requirements. if you want to add some more challenge back, just switch out some mirages for different ones, especially since there are cool ones all throughout the game, and neat abilities to get through stacking and such.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
:siren: Patch 1.02 is out in North America :siren:

can any Pro owners confirm whether that fixes the graphics issue?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It might be slightly less blurry? Or it could be my imagination?

The clock in the Girl's Tea Room didn't get any less blurry, which was the main thing to my eyes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

morallyobjected posted:

:siren: Patch 1.02 is out in North America :siren:

can any Pro owners confirm whether that fixes the graphics issue?

I just tried it out. It looks a lot better. No more blur in battles. The patch notes say they squashed bugs so I'm assuming the pro bug was one of them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm currently in the exnine castle how far am I from being able to use all of these points on Tama

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

I'm currently in the exnine castle how far am I from being able to use all of these points on Tama

You gain access to Tama's last transfig pretty late in the game.

The only thing I'll say is: Remember to check your adventure log thing after a pretty obvious quest, you need an item to do it but the item is a prize, it isn't automatically given to you. A lot of people miss this.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also, do take the time to go to the Twins' room and read the Who's Who. It's absolutely worth it. Do it after you meet your first Final Fantasy 8 cameo for a really great joke.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

It might be slightly less blurry? Or it could be my imagination?

The clock in the Girl's Tea Room didn't get any less blurry, which was the main thing to my eyes.

that clock is blurry even in the regular game

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Which is intentional. It was the same way in Sigma Harmonics, the game that it came from.

Spoiler: The Girl Who Forgot Her Name is Nene from Sigma Harmonics, who sacrificed herself to the Grand Clock to change time and save her brother, the titular Sigma.

This should look and sound familiar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of48_zWpHAE&t=235s

This girl should look familiar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfe7S6HmJAo&t=450s

Bonus: The music in the tea room (this) is a remix of Sigma Harmonics music (this). Both were done by the same composer, Masashi Hamauzu.

Varance fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 13, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished this game

I liked it a lot until I got to the last fourth of it where there were two insanely boring and long dungeons, five million interventions at once, and five bosses in a row with no healing in between for no reason. I still like it a lot, but I got pretty soured on playing the game more at the end of it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Baal posted:

I finished this game

I liked it a lot until I got to the last fourth of it where there were two insanely boring and long dungeons, five million interventions at once, and five bosses in a row with no healing in between for no reason. I still like it a lot, but I got pretty soured on playing the game more at the end of it.

The final boss rush is surprisingly challenging (I actually got killed by the team-up boss fight between the two) but the massive amount of interventions were fine 'cause those were by far my favorite parts of the game anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Dyad Demons were good, but everything else was a mixture of the same thing with the Cogna and the Superaltima Weapon gimmick was really bad. Like there are a lot of good interventions prior to the shittons that drop after the Cogna become things and even after those, but the ones that drop at that point are all really boring and uninteresting especially the Cloud and Squall ones where they have existential meltdowns and there are so many of them it becomes a grind to finish them.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the Shivalry one is great though

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Baal posted:

The Dyad Demons were good, but everything else was a mixture of the same thing with the Cogna and the Superaltima Weapon gimmick was really bad. Like there are a lot of good interventions prior to the shittons that drop after the Cogna become things and even after those, but the ones that drop at that point are all really boring and uninteresting especially the Cloud and Squall ones where they have existential meltdowns and there are so many of them it becomes a grind to finish them.

Excuse me but the Cloud one is a fun adventure where he and Celes hang out and attempt to practice for an opera and then they enjoy some fried octopus afterwards.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

morallyobjected posted:

Absolutely

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Excuse me but the Cloud one is a fun adventure where he and Celes hang out and attempt to practice for an opera and then they enjoy some fried octopus afterwards.

I was more referring to the one where sephiroth is mentioned but that one is good yes

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

morallyobjected posted:

Shiv?

:ese:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Varance posted:

Which is intentional. It was the same way in Sigma Harmonics, the game that it came from.

Spoiler: The Girl Who Forgot Her Name is Nene from Sigma Harmonics, who sacrificed herself to the Grand Clock to change time and save her brother, the titular Sigma.

This should look and sound familiar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of48_zWpHAE&t=235s

This girl should look familiar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfe7S6HmJAo&t=450s

Bonus: The music in the tea room (this) is a remix of Sigma Harmonics music (this). Both were done by the same composer, Masashi Hamauzu.

Holy poo poo, I didn't know about that at all. That's interesting.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Sora DLC character is up on the PSN store for download

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wow they have some dlc now. Is it worth it?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wow they have some dlc now. Is it worth it?

honestly, if you've already beaten the game, it doesn't make much of a difference. the Sora one is free so there's no reason not to grab it, since it's limited time only, but Sora is just an extra champion you can get.

the extra mirages are I guess just palette swaps of other mirages but they have different abilities/boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
A few of them also have some mirajewels you can earn with fairly little effort. The white chocobo has a Cura jewel for example.

• Locked thread