Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Do they explain who Enna Kros is later in the game? Her admitting she was "god" I feel is a bit of a red herring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am really liking the fourth wall breaking in the story and the terrible puns.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When do I get elixirs? I want this pokeymans

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shoren posted:

I didn't feel like the grinding was all that bad. Reynn and Lann hit level 99 surprisingly easy. It also helps that the "100" mirage boards is really like 33-50 because of the tangential mirage transfigs you can do. Once you're done with all the mirage boards then the coliseum is really easy. Just stack up with a high magic stat and nuke everything with ultima.

You mean the Magic Jar in the forest? There should be an elixir you can find at some point leading up to there, either in the Watchplains or the Nebula. Can't remember which, but I think it's worth backtracking to look for it because that's one of my favorite mirages.

apparently you get an elixir in the ice zone

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently you're not supposed to be in the first secret area at level 12 :gonk:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

on the other hand, if you don't want to steamroll the game for a while, also remember it's okay to run through the area without specifically grinding. other people said they spent some time there and kind of trivialised the next couple dungeons, so if you still want the combat to resemble something of a challenge, you don't want to do a whole lot of leveling

I'm not too bothered by that, tbh. Right now most of my dudes are around lvl15, and I just cleared the Ice Zone and I'm in Sidonia or whatever now. I should get some wind dudes? I shelved my pixie thing and the moogle.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The transfigurations are sometimes locked behind level requirements but are more often times locked by sheer practicality. My main characters are level 22 and the only mirage who has managed to unlock a form change is Bablizz, I've used Tama in every battle and she still hasn't gotten over to the transfigure board.

Yeah my main chars are 18 and and I've transfig'd to the mythril golem, so I could get smash. Not found anything else that gives smash yet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's something to do with how the game scales the dof or internal resolution

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wow they have some dlc now. Is it worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

that's what I'm doing and I cannot believe how many stupid chests I have missed in obvious places.

in other news, the new Balthier DLC drops tomorrow and Sora goes away forever on the 31st, so if for some reason you haven't downloaded it yet (it's free), make sure you do that

Limited time DLC is some bullshit but I got it. Thanks

• Locked thread