Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What do I have to beat up to unlock Master Cactuar? I fought one in the arena and I kinda wanna get my own.

Also Cactuar or Cactrot until then? The tough choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Andrast posted:

I wish the humans weren't a part of the combat system. I just want to stack my final fantasy pokemon without these idiots being in the way.

I have good news about the post game then!

Empress Brosephine posted:

this gmae looks awesome but is it hard

The final boss and post game are difficult. Before that though uh... it's mostly there just to make you smile, not give you a challenge.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brick Shipment posted:

I've never played an FF game in my life, but I like going out and collecting weird rear end animals to make them fight each other. Should I pick this up even though every piece of fanservice is going to go right over my head?

Just keep in mind almost every sidequest contains some kind of in-joke from the game the character in the sidequest stars in.

Like if you load one up and it's Yuna as the star, 90% it is guaranteed to be jokes focused on FFX

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah as posts in this thread have said the games plenty fun but it's fairly obvious that it's a huge celebration to the series. Most of the character bio's aren't actually bio's but jokes, a lot of terms are flung around that won't make a lot of sense unless you're familiar with the series, that kinda stuff.

One of Tidus's Personality traits literally just says "Blitzball"

Example.

:siren: I forgot to mention for the thread but the Free DLC boss is out and you can take it on whenever you want, but the cutscene before it implies that it takes place in the post game so there's some light spoilers in it. The boss will wipe you anyway most likely so it's not super worth it.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 4, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reminder to go through the watchplains twice to get a really good (s) Mirage

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

FiestaDePantalones posted:

You mean black chocobochick?

Yep. I didn't see it till my second trip through but he's stuck with me through a lot at this point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

IcePhoenix posted:

You don't have to go through twice, just don't blindly take the door after the boss and keep going to the next area.

Oh fair enough :v:. I thought I was locked into teleporting away when I first got to that part.

bloodychill posted:

Gotta walk around after the boss to get the gobbos too.

Which ones? I was able to get normal through red captains before getting to the boss and I thought that was it outside the Princess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

IcePhoenix posted:

Mini-golem doesn't have any evolutions :v: but point taken, I probably hit a synergy bonus.

e: does anyone else notice that stack abilities are hitting for less than individual abilities a level lower? I just noticed that my fira was doing 1600 damage while a stack firaga was doing 1400. No buffs were involved and it was on the same enemy.

Yeah, the -ga spells are meant for enemy groups not just one dude. -ja spells are what you're looking for.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh drat, I didn't even notice it was a target all spell.

Is there a good online resource that has a listing of all the mirages in each area? I've come across another zone where I'm missing one.

Also does anyone know if you have to currently have one of each mirage in your possession for the collect em all trophy or just had to have had them at some point (ie you had them and then transfiged them to something else)?

You have to transfig them, you can turn em right back but you can't just unlock the entire shiva line and have it count for whatever reason.

The Mirage Manual will show you who's grayed out. If they have a description despite being gray it just means that you can go fill it out whenever you want. If it's ???? then you have no way of making it quite yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

morallyobjected posted:

is it me, or does the (Chapter 17 area) Train graveyard go on forever?

also this game gets a lot harder when you switch out mirages and forget to make sure all your stacks are set up afterwards.

It does and it sucks. The lack of music doesn't help.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What's up with KH anyway, I only played 1 and 2 and every time I think about trying to get back into that series I'm reminded that the final fantasy side of it was taken behind a shed and murdered.

It went from this huge amount of cameos on both ends to "nah everything is disney, I guess ONE FF character is okay but don't push your luck."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mistaya posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but how do you satisfy the 'enter combat with only one' condition for imprism? Is there a way to tell one of your stacks to get out?

Kill your friends.

When you only have one person left it'll trigger, then you can just revive everyone.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cavelcade posted:

Finished it last night, and I gotta agree that the the last bosses were a joke after the interventions that become available.

I'm still happy I got it and I'm having a lot of fun. My only other gripe with it is that [spoiler]the main characters never seem to develop. They start out as these kids who get into trouble by just going along with what people tell them and, in Lann's case, just never thinking things through. By the end of the game...Lann still doesn't really think things through - he just decides that freezing himself and Barthandelus (or whatever his name was) was the way to go. I mean, it was a way to go but it didn't show much growth. I was more disappointed in Reynn, though. Literally the entire game I was waiting for her to stop and go "Hey uh, we never actually read either prophecy. It'd probably be ag good idea to do at least that much because everything seems completely hosed at the moment and there's a bunch of things that are suspicious about our situation," but she never does! She spends the whole game doing what others tell her for almost no reason. The post-game is offering me a glimmer of hope for her but still...[

It felt like the mediums/champions almost got more development than them.

Also I'm sad Celes didn't sing.

Overall: Good game, glad I got it, would recommend to fans of the series.

Suggestion, read the trophy description you got for beating the game.

Though yeah for the most part Lann remains Lann, I didn't want him to be a SECRET GENIUS but was hoping things would ease up on him at some point but naw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

IcePhoenix posted:

To people who've gotten to the true end, do I need to do every miniventure to unlock that or just the interventions?

Just Interventions.

Also Carbuncle (M) can pierce reflect so enemies/bosses continue to hit themselves while your good buddy Buncle can still cast cure on you.

• Locked thread