Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Ground floor, game is great. Ended up preferring the Japanese VA because some of the English VA is real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

I like the Japanese VA because they can pronounce Chocobo properly

It's pronounced "chehk-OH-bo"

At least according to 10 year old me

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Gotta walk around after the boss to get the gobbos too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The Train Graveyard is a very long dungeon, yeah. I like it a lot but it shares the same problem as a lot of other dungeons in that there is basically no music, which is just weird.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

morallyobjected posted:

I don't mind the anime cutscenes, but they also don't feel like they add much. I'm guessing they were just cheaper to produce than making them in engine

I think the intro one and the train launch one were really neat but the rest were so short they kinda felt unnecessary.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Take a break and do the interventions from time to time. Cast the summons on bosses and watch FF characters be great. I think Shantotto's summon was my favorite.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Just a heads up: there's something wrong with this game on the PS4 pro. The graphics look incredibly messed up; they're all blurry and pixelated. I thought I might be having some odd bug but I looked around and other people have posted about the same problem. Apparently SE is going to release a pro-specific patch but they haven't given a date yet.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 11, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It was Toad, pretty sure.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

morallyobjected posted:

I never found a mirage with Toad! did I need to move a truck behind Faris' ship to get it?

Press X 1023 times (Hironobu Sakaguchi's birthday) while talking to Toad Snow and it grants you a Toad Mirajewel.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
In true Final Fantasy fashion, the minigames are so bad. If someone can explain how to beat the cactuar one other than just hitting buttons and hoping, I'm all ears.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It really does look like Vaseline has been smeared all over the camera lens. They need to fix that poo poo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So is the 1.01 Patch still not good for PS4Pros?

Still. I'm very unhappy about it. I tweeted my frustration at SE for all the good that does.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
So apparently the PS4 pro fix patch is coming in early January for Japan. Hopefully not long after for the west.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I haven't tried to play on the pro, what's wrong with it?

There's some issue that causes an intense fuzziness in all graphics except the UI. The best way to describe it is that it looks like someone added a thick layer of Vaseline to the lens. I mostly noticed because I upgraded to a pro 3/4 of the way through the game and was immediately surprised by it. If someone started on a pro, they might think that this was how it was supposed to look.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I have it on a pro and very much noticed it. I'm playing on a 1080p tv though so it may be the down-sampling that is causing it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

morallyobjected posted:

:siren: Patch 1.02 is out in North America :siren:

can any Pro owners confirm whether that fixes the graphics issue?

I just tried it out. It looks a lot better. No more blur in battles. The patch notes say they squashed bugs so I'm assuming the pro bug was one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The double ending was good. The last couple dungeons being endlessly long was less so.

• Locked thread