Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Geez, how long ago was your X3 LP? It was the first one I saw from your group. The X4 plot seems ripped wholesale from X3, except that game had a (supposedly) peaceful utopia and not a coup as a catalyst for the (totally not) mysterious villain's plans.

Give my regards to Alex and Jackie and whatever they named their baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

How come Slash Beast's life bar had the Repliforce symbol but Split Mushroom's had the symbol of the definitely-not-ultimate villain of this game? The thing about the plot of all Mega Man and Mega Man X games is that they're secondary to the gameplay, it's just funny to see what hoops a given game goes through to just to get to the reveal.

Zero's aerial attack reminds me of Luke's lightsaber air attack in the Super Star Wars games, and it looks just as handy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

EWR Spaceport? Please, in the future it'll be called "Newark Liberty Intergalactic Spaceport," if we survive that long.

It seems like the plot problems stem from Capcom squeezing way too much of it into the traditional Mega Man X game format. An intro stage, eight boss stages, and the last few stages doesn't allow for nearly enough game time to go over the coup, a love story, the relationship between all of the major characters, and the origins of Zero, even if you put plot-related cutscenes in between the traditional eight boss stages. For whatever reason, they decided not to do those even though they had that kind of plot exposition in X2 and X3. I'd say it's a case of showing and not telling, but they didn't do a good job of showing things either.

By the way, there is no situation where a rap airhorn isn't appropriate.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sigma's plot reveal didn't even say much that was new. The first Mega Man X said that Sigma was a Maverick Hunter, either in the game or in the instruction booklet. At the end of X2, Sigma says that X will fight Zero, who is "the last of the doctor's creations." The only wrinkle they added was how Zero infected Sigma with Wily's virus.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Your video is on private.

• Locked thread