Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That was a sick heel hook. Not a finish we see too often these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
So loving sick. I've loved Joe since the TJ fight and I'm pleased he's getting some momentum.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
These are two very ugly men

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mechafunkzilla posted:

These are two very ugly men

Turn your screen on.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Why does Nicholson have two big lumpy turds tattooed on his back

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Man Alvey looks awful.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

With the amount of fights Alvey has taken this year I wouldn't be surprised if he's built up some lingering injuries and I'm sure the altitude did him no favours.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Man Alvey looks awful.

Its in Mexico City. He paced himself better than his opponent.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Northjayhawk posted:

Its in Mexico City. He paced himself better than his opponent.

Yeah, he won the last two rounds pretty comfortably.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Could just be the elevation. Or the combination of elevation and two groin shots.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

This fight is sick

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I was gonna say I've never seen a heel hook submission actually work but I also just tuned in and apparently the previous fight was a heel hook submission.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The UFC twitter account noted there hadn't been a heel hook submission in the octagon since December 2014 before Joe Soto's.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Grasso Time! :swoon: :allears:

https://streamable.com/w8zf

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

She headlined the last invicta card I watched and I'm very keen to see her do well.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I was gonna say Alexa isn't doing much...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Just as I was typing Grasso is having a hard time finding her shots in this fight.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Heather Jo Clark is tough as nails to weather that storm though.

Scary that Clark says she can't see when looking down when neither of her eyes seem to be swollen.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 6, 2016

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Grasso seems really powerful for a strawweight

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
whoooops

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Alexa Gra$$o

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I like that color commentator and former fighter Brian Stann needs to be explicitly asked by his broadcast partner to explain a guillotine attempt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

What round went to heather?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
These military things are so loving awkward.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Marching Powder posted:

What round went to heather?

The 2nd maybe? That was the round where I thought it was maybe kinda sorta close with a minute left before Grasso clearly took it. If a judge went to the bathroom early in that round they may have scored it for Clark.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/rashid050505/status/364724981424336898

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Same. War rashid!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
You guys remember when Dariush made James Vick do the real world equivalent of Dark Souls corpse physics? That was good poo poo

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yorba Linda Water District

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

An actual Rashid quote:

https://twitter.com/guicruzzz/status/472930461652889600

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've been living under a rock and glad I had time to see RDA in action tonight. Pity it's not him kicking the poo poo out of Conor at altitude but I'll settle for one of the least-likeable TUF champions. Didn't Ferguson pull his repugnant "where's your son??" poo poo the same season that featured Julian Lane?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Thought Megamedov should have won but pretty close

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

haha holy poo poo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How lucid did Chuck seem on this season? Was his brain OK according to neurology-by-reality-TV?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Thought Megamedov should have won but pretty close

Same I thought he took 2 and 3 but there you go. If Magomedov had connected with those body kicks in the first it might have looked different.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Jesus gently caress this is the worst paced fox card they've ever had

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

How lucid did Chuck seem on this season? Was his brain OK according to neurology-by-reality-TV?

Nobody watched TUF Latin America 3

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Martin diaz

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I love body shot KO's so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Sick finish by Bravo. Definitely has some Diaz in him.

• Locked thread