Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Fire Therrien", they said. (9-0-1)

"LOL Torts loving sucks, what a retard, get ready to finish last CBJ", they said. (4-3-1, tie for the second-best start in franchise history)

The Battle Of Despised Coaches, tonight: at Nationwide!

Fully prepared for the CBJ to lose. No expectations, no disappointments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Suspicious posted:

4-3-1 second best start in franchise history? Yikes

I think Portzline said the best is 5-3-0. :shepicide:

On the other side, it's not 0-8-0 or any of the turds Richards put together.

e- Wow, was that a five-hole shot on Montoya, only the wrong direction? In other words, Saad centered it through Montoya's legs?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Niemi took a walk like three times the other night and the CBJ weren't able to score. Then Montoya did it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: JEFF RIMER GETS ANOTHER GOAL SCORER CONFUSED :siren:

e- Jesus Christ, 11-2 shots?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: SETH JOOOOOOOOOOOONES, DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW THE NAME :siren:

Duke Chin posted:

:siren: WOO GO BLUE JACKETS MY FAVORITEST TEAM OF ALL TIME YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah where's arty party?!?!? :siren:

<-----

He moved on to a better place.

By better, I mean Chicago.

By better and Chicago, those are subjective terms.

But Brandon Saad was a cool consolation prize.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That is something that would've happened to the CBJ in the past. A stick gets broken and the puck goes in.

:siren: NOT TONIGHT :siren:

e- Much of this GDT is a continuous stream of CBJ goal celebration posts. :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

Really? That fat man is gonna do you all like that? boo.

Oh, you meant Dancing Kevin, not the actual Arty Party?

I think he lived in Kansas and flew in for games for a while, but is back in Columbus and dropped 160 pounds in the last couple years.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Training camp longshot and almost-Blackhawk Markus Nutivaara gets his first NHL point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

If he were a real fan the fat dancing guy would try to put on as much weight as possible. What a loving casual.

I guess he decided the whole "This weight is probably going to kill me" thing wasn't fun.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 5, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gently caress you, Andrew Shaw.

Also, Tim Peel. That makes perfect sense.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah, him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dancin...V8xBHNlYwNzcg--

https://twitter.com/kschroeder1720?lang=en

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Seth Jones and Shea Weber are participating in this game and neither team on ice are the Predators.

That does not compute.

e- :siren: John Tortorella's #1 Power Play In The League :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Suspicious posted:

Tape Emelin and Shaw together and send them on a seafloor exploration expedition.

Can we send Dalton Prout? He'd add weight to the human dropsonde and might do something lovely to them on the way down.

:laffo: WENNY :laffo: (e- Maybe)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, that's no goal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: The PPG was with 2:01 to go. :siren:

.... :siren: ALLOWING A GLORIOUS AEP POWER PLAY TOUCHDOWN :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Extra Point is UP... :siren: AND GOOD :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Holy poo poo this Habs game

Werenski with another point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Trevor Bird posted:

i like the habs but it'd be pretty neat to see a team go 9-0-1 and then lose 10-0

:siren: You only need two more :siren:.

That ties the franchise record for goals in a game. They put up 8 against Detroit in 09, Chicago in 10, and the Blues in 11.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Calvert, Karlsson, Sedlak, and Murray are the only skaters without a point.

Aphrodite posted:

I had a dream like this once.

The Blue Jackets were werewolves but it's essentially the same.

Why, that's the closest thing to a compliment I've seen you offer the Jackets! :hfive:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Everyone on the Jackets tonight has a point except for whatever a Sedlak is

e: actually a few guys don't have them but what the hell is Sedlak

A Lukas Sedlak is one of the better players from the Monsters' Calder Cup run who displaced the endangered Gregory Campbell to the land of suspended contracts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Someone summarize this game so far. Go Jackets btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRBHQlEu-o

Aphrodite posted:

How much ammo do they keep for the cannon?

Edit: ...Really?

I think the Cannon itself has six flash rounds in it, but I was at a 7-2 win over the Isles and it flashed for all. They might be able to reload it.

The concussion pyro device in the rafters is probably more loaded, though.

e- The cannon will have fired at least 10 times tonight: pre-game, 8 goals, win.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 5, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

Whoa I wondered what happened to soupy - didn't see the part that he's giving up $1.3M to not suck up a roster spot on the AHL team

Yeah, that was big of him. Apparently Jarmo tried to trade him out of respect even before he was waived but couldn't find a taker.

It basically amounted to "You're probably going down, but let me see if I can keep you in the league first.".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: IT'S A NEWWWWWWWWWWWW FRANCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE REEEEEEEECORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD :siren:

WE WANT TEN. Ten is entirely doable here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We Want Ten chants inside Nationwide. It's a dream come true.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: We Got Ten :siren:

e- Wild Bill with a helper, now 15 skaters with a point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The FOX Sports score bug is a few pixels wider at 10 goals. :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fully prepared for the CBJ to lose. No expectations, no disappointments.

:stonklol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

I wonder how the Jackets' 2nd intermission talk went

Torts has been giving them practices off in exchange for good efforts.

So probably something like "I'm getting all of you hookers."

DuhSal posted:

I didn't watch the game but why wouldn't you pull Montoya at 4 goals and try to climb back in with Price instead of leaving the poor guy out there...

I was expecting this to happen and it never did. It still didn't. And it hasn't.

Really, I wouldn't mind McElhinney getting some ice time here to preserve the Bob.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GIVE ME A LINE OF ATKINSON, FOLIGNO, AND ANDERSON, TORTS. I DEMAND A HAT TRICK.

Aphrodite posted:

Changing goalies means no chance at a shutout.

Oh yeah, I get it. Double-edged sword.

Thinking about it, I wonder if McBackup is going tomorrow night anyway.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's an actual goon leading the Camping World Truck Series race right now. If he wins, this will be the coolest god drat sports day ever.

Godinster posted:

The best game of hockey ever.

THE BLUE JACKETS HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Godinster posted:

Was that a USA chant?

C-B-J most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

May the fans of the late game enjoy the GDT as much as we did the early game.

Preferably Jets fans.

• Locked thread