Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

jokes posted:

MacBook repaired about.. 3 times YTD.

I am an OSX user and a PC user. Gaming PC with a 2012 Retina 15 inch. Not one repair in its life, going as strong as the day I got it. Is it because Apple is special? No its because largely its luck of the draw with every product line from every company and this case it sounds like your GF got unlucky.

To the thread at hand I am considering "divorcing" Apple but its not a huge issue for me as I am not really tied to their services. I always just preferred OSX as my day job is working with Linux and I can not stand looking at it when I come home but wanted to stay in a "familiar" ecosystem. However with the launch of the new and honestly mediocre MBP's plus their price hike in Australia I can just not see myself purchasing another one as I consider replacing my 2012.

I am tempted to honestly just revert away from having a laptop at all and having my Windows 10 desktop become my primary machine along with some dev systems hanging around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread