Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

Im an IT guy, and used to build a new gaming PC every 3 years or so.

One day I got a free iMac, decided to use it, learn it, and expand my technical knowledge.

After using it for a few weeks, macs became my tool of choice for everything except gaming.

It's still that way now, even though Apple is declining without jobs, because Windows 10 sucks, but most importantly, there's just not a killer app on PC. For me at least. For people who like strategy games and flight sims, PC is the way to go. There's no MMO thats dominating like WoW was 10 years ago. And so many developers that used to cater to PC, like Crytek, are focused on consoles because of piracy. Most all of the cream of the crop games are on console now. And it's surprising what some developers can do with them. Titanfall 2 is beautiful and runs at 60fps on the XB1. Horizon on the PS4, not even the pro on a 4k screen, but a slim model on a 1080p TV, looks like its coming from a new $2,000 gaming tower.

There's just no incentive for me to go back to PC right now.

Whoa there time traveling gamer dude, mixing early 2000s arguments with present day games in a single post will cause a time paradox!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread