Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

SmartPhone maybe, does not have to be, I use my phone first and foremost as a phone and the extra functionality is nice to have but not necessary. A good camera is though, I find it very handy to keep around. And something like Whatsapp would be cool.

IOs's flat look sucks compared to how it was in my opinion, it was really easy to figure out before. Now you can't even tell if something is a button or not. It looks nice though. I guess that is something.

Google are just evil, they have a for too wide a reach in peoples lives in my opinion, so no Android no.

This won't happen, but I would find it interesting if someone started buying up iPhones 4S in good condition, downgrading them back down to IOS6.x whatever was the latest, and selling them to people sick of "modern" bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Boris Galerkin posted:

This weekend the loving blue box that pops up askingtelling you to get new updates popped up and took over my entire monitor during a gaming session. I mean on the grand scheme of things it's no big deal because I'm not a ~streamer~ or anything but what the gently caress dude there's no way to justify that poo poo taking over my entire screen. The only way to get out of it is to hit "ok" which brings up another stupid windows 10 metro whatever style box telling me about updates, which does let you just close it by hitting "x" in the corner.

All I'm saying is this is loving stupid and I loving hate that god drat pop up.

I'm not against updating but either make it 100% transparent to me and never bother me with that poo poo or let me disable it once and for all and do it manually. I have no idea what setting it's in cause I get the idea that it should be automatic but I've probably messed up some settings just by googling for random poo poo like "how do I uninstall candy crush" and "why the gently caress does candy crush keep reinstalling" and then just pasting whatever the hell the websites tell me to paste into powershell.

Got a massive popup that wouldn't go away until dismissed while watching something in Kodi (presumably because my DPI setting is set for TV) telling me all about how Windows Defender was working perfectly and didn't find any threats the other night.

This is the old systray poo poo that they cleaned up (mostly) with Win7, back to haunt us again.

• Locked thread