Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

nexxai posted:

How much loving solitaire do you play that ads in the game bother you to the point where you have to post about it?

lol, have we really reached the point where ~marketing~ needs to be in every aspect of a product? has it become that normalized and acceptable?

I look forward to the day when my car starts up and the central dash unit flashes poo poo about the Taco Bell Doritos tacos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
it's me, I'm the guy that thinks Candy Crush Saga being a default in an Enterprise product is cool and good

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

GargleBlaster posted:

My Android phone shat itself today and needed a factory reset, in a grim reminder of why people pay more for iPhones. I still don't really want to spend twice as much for a device that dictates what I can and cannot do with it though.

It took me 10 seconds to google how to get the old Solitaire back: https://windows.gadgethacks.com/how-to/bring-back-microsofts-classic-no-bloat-games-windows-for-free-0166605/

I'm sorry, but if that's too hard for someone who posts on SH/SC, they deserve to be paying the monthly fee. Or if you feel it justifies installing a server OS on your desktop or spending 4x as much for Apple gear then... have fun I guess?

I'm not defending them as such, but people really make such a fuss over things they can easily change, and if they put 1/100th of the time they spend complaining on an internet message board about the defaults, into flicking a few switches to "off" and running a couple of tools, I just think they'd have a much better, more constructive time of it.

the point is that you shouldn't have to, dude.

Part of what I do on the daily is build imaging solutions using Windows platforms and the kind of stuff I have to ripout or undo is pretty mindboggling.

it's a reasonable complaint to have when one of my users sends me an e-mail asking why there's an ad in the middle of loving Windows Explorer.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

GargleBlaster posted:

^ I do think it's a reasonable complaint, I just think it's blown out of all proportion. It's "this thing does something I don't like that I can turn off" brought to the levels of "this thing is literally raping me and we must boycott it and set their HQ on fire"

nobody said this, you're projecting something onto the thread.

remember: giant monolithic corporations don't have feelings.

also, candy crush coming back after build upgrades. lol. i suppose I could just script it's removal again, but I'm ~lazy~

• Locked thread