Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«27 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



7. Hamburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...


3. Find gasoline and turn yourself into the Human Torch

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Nyaa posted:

7. Hamburger

If this means looking for food, then seconded

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


Nyaa posted:

7. Hamburger

Burger time. If we can't find burgers in here, cast summon greater burgerstorm

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

7. Hamburgerstorm plan has my vote.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


7 enough hamburgers to reconstitute our body

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


Ha, you weirdos. Fine, searching for hamburgers. Give me a bit.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You tried to keep your priorities in mind as you stealthily made your way around the room, guided by an ineffable sensation. Powers or not, you were alone and wounded and surrounded by people who wanted to do you harm. In truth, you knew exactly what you needed to survive. You found what you were looking for, and you gingerly opened the heavy door and stepped inside. You smiled in the darkness as your clever eyes spotted their target.

2d6 = 5 vs. 2d6 = 4 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +1]

Cheeseburgers. An entire container of cheeseburgers. Sure, they were frozen, but that didn't matter. You plucked a frozen puck of meat out of their box and stared at it. Before your eyes, it became perfect and delicious. Your first bite was transcendent. Your wounds vanishes instantly, and you felt comfortable for the first time in a long (relative) while. In fact, you felt a strange ownership of this place and time.
    1. Mark Position [Difficulty 4, No Momentum Loss]
    You wouldn't mind coming back here, you think.
    2. Do Not [Difficulty 0, No Momentum Loss]
    Nah, the moment passed!
After the burger was well and truly gone - and the other one after that - you chanced creaking the door open and weren't unduly surprised to hear clipped orders coming from upstairs. The workers and security were being cleared out by the sounds of it. No witnesses, you guessed.
    3. Insert An Order [Difficulty 2, Momentum +1]
    With all these orders being shouted out, you could probably cause some confusion. You throw your voice and perfectly mimic the orderer and say… (What?
    4. Disengage Docking Clamps [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    The ship was rocking slightly, but the containers were secured in place. If you broke them, all hell would break loose, giving you a chance to slip away (or stay and watch the mess)
    5. Create Meat Golem [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    Well, you're in a shipping container full of meat. It doesn't take a genius to know the obvious solution.
    6. Hide [Difficulty 1, Momentum +0]
    You close the door to the container and wait it out. What, are they going to check every single container? You're reasonably sure your blood washed away from the dampness, too.
    7. Go Out And Start Fighting [Difficulty 4, Momentum +3]
    Sure, you have no knowledge of their location, numbers, or armaments, but odds are you could take them all anyhow.
    8. Get Some Numbers [Difficulty 3, Momentum +1]
    Scan the area and find out useful details about your pursuers.
    9.Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

1. Sure, try to mark Burgerstop. Maybe we can strike a sponsorship deal with McDonalds to fund this LP.

5.

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


1 because it can't hurt to try, 5 because hell yes, Burgolem.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



1
3: "Oh poo poo! There is a bomb!" *Switch voice* "All personnel are not allow to leave the ship until cargo is retrieved!" *Wait three minutes* "Cargo secured! MOVE MOVE MOVE!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

If we mark here, this becomes our respawn point? Because I can see us Groundhog Day-ing this a few more times, and we could do the initial escape a bit more smoothly.

Also 5. Build a nuggman and name him Ronnie.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


Elfface posted:

If we mark here, this becomes our respawn point? Because I can see us Groundhog Day-ing this a few more times, and we could do the initial escape a bit more smoothly.

Also 5. Build a nuggman and name him Ronnie.

Why, what was wrong with your initial escape?

*Benny Hill music plays over footage of you falling on your face twice and getting set on fire and getting shot and*

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


1 5

MEAT MAN

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




On a whim, you reached out to the room around you and tried to make it your own. You could almost see the shape of the where and the when of it in your mind...

2d6 = 7 vs. 4d6 = 17 [Mark Failed! Mark Difficulty Decreases To 3d6!]

...but then it faded away. You couldnít shake the feeling that you had been on the cusp of something, some strange new quirk of your powers. But, then, you had other issues to deal with. You counted six men by their voices and footsteps. By the sound of it, they were actually going through and opening each container - they must want you badly. Well, you wanted your freedom just as badly or moreso. You laid your palm flat on a pallet of frozen burgers and sent a twisting heat down into it.

2d6 = 11 vs. 3d6 = 8 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +3]

The meat thawed in its boxes, soaking through them in a greasy, bloody mass. The whole thing collapsed to the floor, shuddering - then drew itself back up, forming a roughly Nisa-shaped humanoid. Wordlessly, you pointed out towards the men. It began to sizzle and spit, the meat already beginning to steam, then it kicked the containerís door open. The men outside gaped at it open mouthed for a second - long enough for it to blast a fist through one of their chests. The air rang with the sound of gunfire and roasting meat, but their bullets just blasted soggy holes into it. The burgolem was burning now, a flaming figure running with preternatural speed between panicked soldiers and filling the air with rank smoke.
    1. Detonate The Golem [Difficulty 2, Momentum +1]
    Itís done itís part. You blow it up, killing the remaining men and damaging the cargo.
    2. Hide Amongst The Smoke [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    Turn into smoke yourself and travel up through the ship with the rest of the smoke, only taking shape again once youíve found something interesting.
    3. Execute The Men [Difficulty 1, Momentum +0]
    Go out and pick up a dropped gun, then fire through the smoke at whoeverís left standing.
    4. Keep Watching The Golem [Difficulty 0, Momentum -1]
    Though it pains you to stay out of the action, the fight isnít over just yet. Keep watching until one group is dead, then observe what happens next.
    5. Create Container Armor [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    Collapse the empty shipping container around yourself, forming a bulky, impregnable suit of armor. Certainly bullets arenít going to be getting through it, and itíll be easy to manipulate if you need to use it to attack.
    6. Steal The Fire [Difficulty 2, Momentum +1]
    The fire is probably overkill, and besides you can make better use of it later. Pull the fire away from the burgolem as it burns and keep it with you in a tight, flaming ball.
    7.Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - Iíll assign it a Difficulty.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

6

You're darn right we can make better use of fire later. Let's steal that thang.

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


6. Our meaty child must live on!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


6

Taste the meat not the heat!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


5

Obscil
Feb 27, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Birthday Oral posted:

2d6 = 11 vs. 3d6 = 8 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +3]

I hate to point this out, but you reversed the rolls. On orokos the 11 is from rolling 3d6 and is labeled opposition, and the 8 is from rolling 2d6. So, you switched our roll and the opponents roll. You also didn't add the momentum to our roll.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


5. WE need Mcdonalds Branded burger armor made from shipping containers.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


Obscil posted:

I hate to point this out, but you reversed the rolls. On orokos the 11 is from rolling 3d6 and is labeled opposition, and the 8 is from rolling 2d6. So, you switched our roll and the opponents roll. You also didn't add the momentum to our roll.

...
It was, uh, an election day present!

goddammit that's what I get for phone posting half-asleep

At this point, I'll just call it a freebie. No sense punishing you guys for my mistake.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I like idea 2, but a fireball is always useful so 6 for now.

LucyWanabe
Nov 4, 2009


6. Burn, baby, burn.

Also I'm just imagining this thing in my head and I keep chuckling over it.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You couldn’t have your burgolem go down that easy. Besides, that fire would be better used later on than for terrifying hapless soldiers. You opened your mouth and took a deep breath, hauling at the fire with your will.

2d6+3 = 14 vs. 2d6 = 3 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +4]

The fire blew off your golem and fluttered through the air like it were fabric, whirling and lashing at the air as it sank towards you. You kept inhaling and it flew into your mouth and nose, burning deep down into your guts. You smiled with incandescent teeth, a heat shimmer before your parted lips. The golem, thoroughly crispy but still intact, made its way through a hail of gunfire towards the last man standing. It reached out one smoking hand and jammed the barrel, then twisted the gun out of the man’s hands. The man fell to his knees in fear, thoroughly cowed. The golem slammed a double fist down, driving his head down into his neck.

You peered out of cover, the room now mostly quiet. Not everyone was dead, but the fight was out of them, that was for drat sure. You weren’t out of the woods just yet - you could hear orders to fall back and regroup echoing from upstairs - but you were riding high on adrenaline and Momentum. You walked the room brazenly, scanning your fallen foes; no sign of One, Two or Commander Biros. They must still be upstairs. Your knee didn’t hurt anymore, but the memory smarted enough that you were keen to find them. You spat a gob of molten glass and considered your action plan.
    1. Order Golem Upstairs [Difficulty 1, Momentum +0]
    You tilt your golem's haphazard mind towards the stairs, sending it up to fight and die - and hopefully taking some of them with it!
    2. Jump Up Through The Deck [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    Tense your legs and meteor your way through the floor. They're not going to be expecting an attack from that angle.
    3. Sink The Boat [Difficulty 4, Momentum +3]
    Alright, enough of this. You pierce the hull below you and force enough water in to break the boat in half. That's what they get for kidnapping you.
    4. Run Upstairs Past Them All [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    There aren't a whole lot of exits down here, and you don't want to be stuck if they start bringing out the heavy stuff. The fact your belly is full of fire notwithstanding, you can't quite get the memory of phosphorus burns out of your head. Get out of there!
    5. Eat The Golem And Get Huge [Difficulty 2, Momentum +1]
    Meat's got a lot of protein. Protein builds muscle, right? Your jaw distends and you devour the burgolem, gaining freakish musculature and strength.
    6. Mind Drain The Casualties [Difficulty 3, Momentum +2]
    Dead or nearly dead, unless the brains are totally cooked you can get something useful off them. You still have very little recon to work with, after all.
    7.Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.
---
That fire you stole can be held until you lose Momentum and expended with an action of your choice to grant +1d6 to the roll. Obviously, it will be of far more use in agressive actions and stuff involving fire, and trying to stretch it’s use beyond its nature will probably lead to it being wasted!

Olive Garden tonight!
Mar 16, 2015

This is American style.
French style. Japanese style.
Italian, specifically Naples style.
The world's fingers for
'FUCK OFF'.


Anyone voting for 1 or 5 will be held responsible for the death of our beautiful beefy son.

7. Arm/armor us and Burgolem with guns and disguises.

LucyWanabe
Nov 4, 2009


2. Surprise, motherfucker!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



6

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.


2 is too cool.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

It's not something to do right now, but we should try and make Burgolem into a Real Boy. Or possibly preserve his spirit for implantation into other golems later.

So I vote 5 with the caveat that we keep that golem soul somewhere safe. Maybe we can combine it with the fire and have an elemental companion.

Sigourney Cheevos
Jun 19, 2006



2 is super dope.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

5

LET'S GET HUGE!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...


6 info lasts past this run so its always good

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




Your heart was thumping in your ears, and sparks poured out of your mouth as you laughed. You could hear them setting up at the top of the stairs. Probably figured that more dudes, more guns, would make a difference. No, it was too late. You were on a roll. You were on fire. You took an exxagerated sumo stance, arms wide, then leapt.

2d6+4 = 13 vs. 3d6 = 4 [Momentum Gained! Dice Roll Increases to 3d6! Momentum Reset!]

You shot up from the floor with enough force to send nearby containers clattering from their moorings. You heard a sonic boom before you hit the ceiling, fingers stiffened and held straight before you. You broke through the deck plates in a wrenching spiral, casting droplets of molten steel across the room. The power you felt in this moment was nothing compared to your delight at the surprise on their faces.The world slowed to a crawl as they tried to bring their guns to bear on you. Your old friend One was here too, spittle flying out of his mouth as he turned to face you. Too slowly. Far too slow!
    1. Stop Time And Kill Them Slowly [Difficulty 4, Momentum +2]
    You hold time in place and just pick them apart. Youíre so far beyond them now.
    2. Shoot One In The Knee [Difficulty 2, Momentum +0]
    Eat a dick, One! Manifest the bullet he shot you with and shoot him in the knee. You have a few moments of panic to play with, anyhow!
    3. Call Up The Burgolem [Difficulty 3, Momentum +1]
    Mentally summon your alley to charge up the stairs behind them and pincer them to death.
    4. Wipe Their Minds [Difficulty 3, Momentum +1]
    Enough fighting these humans - wait, you were a human too, right? - you just erase their minds and leave them to their own devices. You might even get a few useful details.
    5. Charge And Fight [Difficulty 2, Momentum +0]
    Youíve gotten stronger than youíve ever been, and you donít need to get fancy with them. You beat them to death, no fuss, no muss.
    6. Make Them Fight Eachother [Difficulty 3, Momentum +1]
    Speak a word that drives them mad and berserk. Watch the fun and enjoy it.
    7. Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - Iíll assign it a Difficulty.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2016 around 02:40

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

1

Oh c'mon, how can we not stop time at this point. Far too slow!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn


1

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

6

We can still take care of our foes while being conservative with our chances at gaining momentum with this option, not to mention keeping Burgolem at a safe distance for the time being.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



3. Our burg better slam in like Kool-Aid Man

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


1
Go big or go home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




3

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«27 »