Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«34 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


7. Find a lifeboat and bail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Then you remember. You have a message to send.

Something everyone must know.

You have the power. You have the means.

Let it be known.




7. Power stomp to take a look at the ocean from the bottom of the boat

Can't keep heading to our destination if it starts sinking

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


Arkanomen posted:

7. Find a lifeboat and bail
Difficulty 1 or 0. You can pretty much just, like, do that. You might encounter soldiers, but there simply can't be many of them left!

Battle Royale Baby posted:

7. Power stomp to take a look at the ocean from the bottom of the boat
Yeah, no problem - suggested something like this earlier:

quote:

3. Sink The Boat [Difficulty 4, Momentum +3]
Alright, enough of this. You pierce the hull below you and force enough water in to break the boat in half. That's what they get for kidnapping you.

nothing to seehere
Nov 11, 2010


Arkanomen posted:

7. Find a lifeboat and bail

This

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


Nyaa posted:

3 SWARM HIM WITH BIRTHDAY ORAL

ALL CHANT "HAPPY BIRTHDAY "

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Changing my answer to 3: The South Burgolem shall rise again

If I can expand upon 3: Double back to the original helldoor and turn it into ablative armor for burgolem.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006


3: Burgolem can do sick poo poo

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You cracked your knuckles and called for your golem mentally. It bounded up the stairs, its crispy meat coagulated into a rough semblance of your body. You flooded its primitive mind with all the information you could on the Commander and his capabilities. It nodded, spraying the wall with juice, then took off at a sprint towards his last known location. You took a seat cross-legged and sent your will out towards your minion.

3d6+3 = 10 vs. 3d6+3 = 8 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +4!]

Your vision seamlessly blended into the supernatural senses of your golem as it ran faster than any human towards its/your prey. It slid on its own grease, clattering against walls and sloughing off material, but it had enough left for your purposes. At last, it breached the deck and located the scene of the last battle. Ice, fragments of heads and fingers... and a trail of blood. The golem didn’t even slow down.

It slid around the corner - and encountered a full force blast of ice and hail. The top layer of meat froze instantly, locking it in place. You tried to force it onwards and a great chunk of it fell to the deck, frozen solid. Biros smiled through his pain and kept it up, freezing the golem with a cold that somehow reached you all those decks below. He wasn’t chatty anymore, not gutshot like that. He just wanted you to know that no matter what you sent after him, he would be stronger and he would be ready.

He wasn’t, though. He wasn’t ready. The golem sunk frozen fingers into its own chest, tearing it open and spraying the Commander down with concentrated, boiling grease. He screamed, wiping great gobs of it off his skin, tearing off his coat to get away from the pain. Your golem collapsed into pieces as the Commander fell to the floor gasping with shock, the fight out him utterly. In a contest of will against will, he had been found wanting - and you hadn’t even lifted a finger.
    1. Swap Places With Your Golem [Difficulty 2, Momentum +0]
    It was just a pile of meat, now. Take its place and give the Commander a talking to.
    2. Ignite The Grease [Difficulty 3, Momentum +1]
    He was down, but not out. Take him out of the game permanently.
    3. Walk Upstairs [Difficulty 0, Momentum -2]
    You’re in no rush at all to get to him. He’s not going anywhere.
    4. Read His Mind [Difficulty 3, Momentum +1]
    This would be much easier if you were closer to him, but you’re pretty sure you can do it from here.
    5. Enslave Him [Difficulty 4, Momentum +2]
    He has powers. You didn’t know there was anyone else like you. He could be useful, if properly controlled. Erase his mind and replace it with a simple algorithm that puts him under your control.
    6. Recruit Him [Difficulty 4, Momentum +2]
    He wasn’t doing so hot, but he still had his radio on him. Persuade him to join you. It won’t be easy, but you have so much to offer him. Literally anything, really. Money, power, and the entire world are within your grasp - though you’re not at all certain if you actually want it. All that matters is whether he wants it, and whether you’re willing to give it to him. (What do you offer? What do you say?)
    7. Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


4

All of it Biros, ALL OF IT

nothing to seehere
Nov 11, 2010


4

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


4 Find someone who knows more than use, then steal every thought in his brain.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...


RIP Burgolem, you did good

4.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


4

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Do we still have the soul flame from the burgolem when we first animated it or did we expend it in rocketing through the ceiling to the next deck up?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...


DeathSandwich posted:

Do we still have the soul flame from the burgolem when we first animated it or did we expend it in rocketing through the ceiling to the next deck up?

We lost it just after jumping through the ceiling because we lost momentum.

Also, BO, you gave the opposition a +3 last roll. I'm guessing that was a mistake unless Biros also secretly has momentum.

Olive! fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2016 around 21:38

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006


4.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


Olive Garden tonight! posted:

We lost it just after jumping through the ceiling because we lost momentum.

Also, BO, you gave the opposition a +3 last roll. I'm guessing that was a mistake unless Biros also secretly has momentum.
He DID have Momentum! Sending a meat golem towards a guy who can easily freeze meat was risky - it's just that you rolled well enough to own him.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2016 around 22:08

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

DeathSandwich posted:

After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c

I agree.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


DeathSandwich posted:

After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014


DeathSandwich posted:

After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c

That's what I've been trying

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


*thinks about ideas for options next post*

DeathSandwich posted:

After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c
*wracks brains for something cool to do*

DeathSandwich posted:

After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c
*tearing hair out thinking of what to do*

DeathSandwich posted:

After we find out what this guy knows next update, I'm pre-emptively voting we Assimilate him, adding his biological and technological uniqueness to our own

Let's go full Body Horror with this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSCe40HMv1c
*holds up finger like 'aha!'... but then goes back to drawing board*

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You unfurled yourself and made your way up towards the deck, not in any real rush. Your mind quested into his, red with pain though it was. He put up a resistance, but you alternately assaulted and cajoled him - he wasn’t going to be leaving alive, one way or another, and if he didn’t give in to you now you’d take it from him when he was dead. Through your power, you offered him a painless end.

3d6+4 = 10 vs. 3d6 = 12 [Momentum Lost!]

He refused it, and you frowned, walking faster now. He was hiding something from you, flooding your mind’s eye with useless tidbits of information. The names of his men (now dead), the faces of his brothers and sisters, fragments of his you, in an endless tide of memory. You swatted it away, hands clawing at the air ahead of you as though that would help. Finally up on the deck, you followed the trail of blood and viscera to where he lay, eyes fastened tight as though it would keep you out.

You should have waited until you were closer - he was fading out, deflating like a balloon and spilling all his secrets into the grave. A sequence of words nestled into his dying thoughts, tinged with laughter. The sequence of phonemes he spoke into the phone, unintelligible then, but resolving themselves into words as you delved his mind.

“Γροθιά του Δία, σε δέκα.”
...
“Grothiá tou Día, se déka”
...
“Fist of Zeus, In Ten”

He died smiling as you counted backwards from this moment to the instant of the call. Eight, nine minutes? Time wasted fighting with the crabs and the golem, time wasted walking up here? You stared out into the velvet darkness surrounding the ship and saw it, too late.


    1. Dive Off The Boat [Difficulty 2, Momentum +0]
    Easier said than done - you dive off with a powerful kick and hope that spares you from injury. You’re not so sure about your chances...
    2. Destroy The Missile [Difficulty ???, Lose 2d6]
    Burn your power to utterly destroy the projectile. Simple.
    3. Tank It [Difficulty 5, Momentum +3]
    Infuse your skin with layers and layers of ablative armor plating and wait for it to come at you! Bring it on!
    4. Punch It Really Hard! [Difficulty 5, Momentum +3]
    Wait until it’s about to hit you, then punch the crap out of it. You don’t know if that will realistically help, but you know if you want it bad enough, you can do anything.
    5. Eat The Missile [Difficulty 6, Momentum +4]
    Float into the air and devour it in one gulp. Such fun!
    6. Die [Difficulty 0, Momentum -2]
    He got you. But you’ll be back.
    7. Write In [Difficulty ?]
    Write anything. A few short sentences at most - I’ll assign it a Difficulty.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...


7. Hammer toss the missile

Olive! fucked around with this message at Nov 12, 2016 around 05:03

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014


transform the middle into a bowl of petunias thinking "not again"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


7 Raise a wall of water in front of the Missile

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.


Olive Garden tonight! posted:

7. Hammer toss the missile
Difficulty 5 or 6, depending how fancy you want to get.

Magnusth posted:

transform the middle into a bowl of petunias thinking "not again"
Difficulty 6!

Arkanomen posted:

7 Raise a wall of water in front of the Missile

Shouldn't be too difficult.
Difficulty 4, though how well it'll work is debatable!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...


Birthday Oral posted:

Difficulty 5 or 6, depending how fancy you want to get.

Hmm... I'll go with this one then:

Arkanomen posted:

7 Raise a wall of water in front of the Missile

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


Arkanomen posted:

7 Raise a wall of water in front of the Missile

Shouldn't be too difficult.

This but also make Mexico build it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


7: Attempt to deflect the missile off course.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being


1

With some luck, they'll think they got us.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


Hitting a wall of water at the speeds that missile is going, even only a few feet of water, is like slamming into concrete. That'll blow up or at least severely deflect the middle off course.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.




You stumbled back, falling into a loose fighting stance. Momentarily taken aback, you debated diving off the boat, hiding, or simply letting the inevitable happen… but nothing was inevitable where you were concerned. You grit your teeth hard enough that sparks flew out, and broke into a bitter laugh. He must really want you dead, huh? Either you were his or you were dead, right!? You dropped your centre of mass, spreading your legs wide. Palms stretched out flat before you, you lifted up the sea.

The deck buckled under your sudden weight, but you stood fast. You had no desire to die again, and you had no intention of letting the rest of the people on this ship die either. Finally, muscles burning, you manage to lift a solid wall of water between the missile and the ship. You hold it in place like a giant pane of glass, and hope and pray you’re good enough to keep it up. Ten seconds to go, and you felt your will start to falter. This was a magnitude more power than you’d ever tried to handle, and it threatened to tear you apart. Four seconds.

3d6 = 13 vs. 4d6 = 12 [Momentum Gained! Momentum at +2!]

With a roar, you turned the wall to ice. You felt the impact in your gut before the blast hit you, but when it did you were thrown backwards, through a steel container full of shrimp, and out into the sea beyond. You skipped twice off the water, then sank below the surface. You popped back up, your lungs full of laughter and song. You’d done it! The boat kept right on chugging away, un-blown-up, though you didn’t envy the explanations or the clean-up they’d have to do on the other end.

For now, you were free. You lay on your back in the salty water, parting the clouds so you could look up at the stars.

---
-[ ESCAPE THE SHIP: COMPLETE! ]-
Highest Difficulty Passed: 4 - Block A Missile With A Wall Of Water
Highest Difficulty Failed: 4 - Stopping Time While Getting Shot At
Most Common Difficulty Attempted: 3 - Because You Are Risky Buggers
Highest Momentum Achieved: 3d6+4
Deaths: 1
Information Gained: Names Of Soldiers, Alan’s Past, Biros’ Strange Powers, Anthony Wants You
Allies Lost: Burgolem And A Bunch Of Heads

---

You felt calm and safe in the cool waters, but you couldn’t stay there forever. You considered your options as you watched the stricken tanker recede into the horizon.
    1. Head to Cairo
    Your (now busted) secret identity was last seen working in Cairo for your advertising firm. Your connections have almost certainly dried up by now, or at least grown too hot to handle, but you left some stuff behind.
    2. Head to Monaco
    It’s where the cargo ship was headed. You’ve never been, but it seems as good a place as any to hide out. As long as you lay low, it should take them a while to find you… but there wasn’t a doubt in your mind they wouldn’t find you eventually.
    3. Head to Santorini
    Maybe you’d go see Anthony after all. Doing so under your own power was somehow much more appealing!
    4. Follow The Missile’s Trail
    There’s more to this than Anthony Velascu wanting his best assassin back. You could try to follow the missile back to its source and see where that led you...
    5. Write In
    Write anything. Ideally something nearby!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being


2.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

4

Why not, let's see where this takes us.

nothing to seehere
Nov 11, 2010


4

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.


5. This ship, and all who are on it. Belong to you now, this is the way of battle, and the way of combat. Spread yourself thin, like a patina of corruption upon each and everything. Becoming the ship, and it's crew controlling, and guiding them towards your will.

(Also, did mexico help build the Icewall?)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I vote 4 with the caveat that we do it from underwater, or in disguise somehow so they don't spot us coming. Turn invisible, or into a mermaid or something.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013


5. Let's take a well-deserved break and go to Disneyland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley! DO SOMETHING!

Elfface posted:

I vote 4 with the caveat that we do it from underwater, or in disguise somehow so they don't spot us coming. Turn invisible, or into a mermaid or something.

4

Stealth it, maybe transform into a dolphin for speed.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«34 »