Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
3, 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
1, 6

Psychic recon, clairvoyance to start with. First we know what we're dealing with, then we see who we need to read.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
2, 9

Dog Kisser posted:

Full disclosure - I literally know nothing about Poker, so if we go down that route I'll get an excuse to learn! :gonk:

I also like to live dangerously.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Run the hand forward precognitively, whilst making the table and walls an optical resource for you so you can see all facedown cards and hands.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
12: Simultaneously cure the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, the puppy love, the cocaine habit, clean out the drug cocktail, and change the cards so that this had always been a play you were going to win, and which they were going all-in on.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Finally, something to gain us momentum!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Dog Kisser posted:

I, uh, assume you'll try this then break your connection so you don't absorb them immediately after you heal them.

Hmm, good point. Can we make them think they're still independent and autonomous whilst keeping a backdoor open if we need an escape puppet?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Make him voluntarily surrender his power to you, give you his gun, apologise profusely and soil himself in fear whilst blubbering.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Targeted on the dealer. If that's harder, good, we need trick shots to build momentum.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
1 8

"You are going to tell me exactly and completely where and how you got this, from whom, and for what. I'm going to be nice and let you tell me the truth of your own volition. If you think about lying, and you know I can recognise the concept forming in your mind before you even decide what to say, I will act towards you with merciless cruelty, and then I will rip the knowledge from your mind anyway."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Shooting us in the face is nothing, an irrelevance. Killing him is pointless, we've already neutered him. Might as well angle some hope to Stockholm him.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
2. Build up momentum.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sure, give him the ability as a rider on 2 or 3.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
2, if the Lady pleases.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We need trick shots to get momentum. Each instance of failing to cooperate, and we physically age his family five years. Should he fully and completely give us what we need to hear, we revert them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Aabcehmu posted:

Momentum is important because somehow, we had whatever it was done to us, even with the power we had before. So, we have be to stronger. Stronger than we've ever been before.

Exactly this. There are sharks out there, and we aren't the biggest fish in the pond.

Yet.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Vicariously experience every moment of his and his families' lives, focusing on his work. Memorise every inert and active delivery he has ever made. Memorise and locate his co-workers. Leave him and his family untouched and perfectly restored, we'll need to work on our interrogation techniques.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Re-absorb everything in the case that is Us. Refocus and do the memory delve right this time, then reset everyone else, except for, you know what? Yeah, they are family. They've known you all their lives, they love you, they'd do anything for you and are happy to help out.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Create an exact simulation of your own mind and delve the copies of your memories as with option 9.

Trick shot to try and get momentum, and give us a buffer if there's an unwelcome guest in our recollections.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Summon every person in the city, in the right age range, to you at a time and place of your choosing. Have everyone accept this as normal, reasonable and unsurprising.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Yeah, that's evocative and gains momentum.

1 5

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
7 teleport him here and misdirect their search to somewhere inconvenient. Let's say Buckingham Palace and the White House.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Be all her classmates. And her teacher. Replace them seamlessly, the originals kept entirely unharmed, unknowing and unaffected afterwards.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We just talk for now. We want to help her against that man. Mostly we listen and learn.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
10. Overload her with mercy and empathy. Drown her in it. Make her weep the tears of all who suffer within a hundred miles. Make her willing to give away all that she has in order to be charitable. Have her make the idealised version of Mother Theresa of Calcutta look miserly, selfish and hedonistic. Have her return what is ours out of the goodness of her own heart.

How dare she try and stand up to and challenge us? She is broken, a half-thing. Give her everything she is missing in abundance, a plethora. Graciously accept what is ours.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We, at least, are doing something about it, not content with it. :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Time to go surreal.

Warp reality so that every offensive move she makes reflects back upon herself, and simultaneously heal Chance in the background as an afterthought.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Activate Lady Luck and plan physical mirror

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

AJ_Impy posted:

Overload her with mercy and empathy. Drown her in it. Make her weep the tears of all who suffer within a hundred miles. Make her willing to give away all that she has in order to be charitable. Have her make the idealised version of Mother Theresa of Calcutta look miserly, selfish and hedonistic. Have her return what is ours out of the goodness of her own heart.

How dare she try and stand up to and challenge us? She is broken, a half-thing. Give her everything she is missing in abundance, a plethora. Graciously accept what is ours.

She's using physical force. Time to demonstrate that there is so much more to true power.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Outrail posted:

But for the record mother Teressa wasn't exactly a saint. Despite uh, never mind.

Hence 'The idealised version of'. I'm aware of that and accounted for it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Telefrag her mind with Plan Saint when she doesn't expect it. Do it remotely so she can't distract us with mere physical diversions.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

"Hi, Kelly-Anne. I'm sorry to say this but someone tried to mutilate your mind and sense of self, crippling your ability to cry and your concept of mercy. I have done my best to repair the damage. There's something that bastard forced on you, forced in you when you were vulnerable, made you want it, made you like it. I'm here to help you with that as well."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

sheep-dodger posted:

Personally I favour a gentler approach.
Put her to sleep then trawl her personal memories and appear to her in a dream as a person she trusts in a memory where she felt save and explain to her what was done to her.

Yeah, appending this to my suggestion. No need to be confrontational when we can demonstrate the kindness and mercy we just gave her the capacity to recognise.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
3+9+ Raise the stakes of 9 by offering to give her the frame to withstand her own strength so it doesn't hurt her and the wisdom to know when not to use her powers as well.

Get momentum, get a better teammate.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hmm, point. Is there any way to balance out the die loss with momentum gain?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Dog Kisser posted:

Totally doable, though burning your power will drop you to 3d6 like your partners.

This is why I initially went 9 rather than 10. Can we take our power back, copy it, and give her the copy?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Dog Kisser posted:

Think of it as encrypted but unlocked - you're able to make use of it, but not easily copy it. Or, really, transfer it - though there is an Ability to make that easier...

The thought occurs, if it's difficult, could we gain momentum by doing so?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
1+ Fix all the evidence. No need to get sloppy about this. Also, touch up the rest of her life so that everyone she knows and loves is perfectly okay with her doing the superhero thing, and keeping it in confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
6, buy time to make it a good one.

• Locked thread