Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, I have finally opened my present, and it was awesome. Not only did my super-generous Santa Get me the first two volumes of Giant Days, I also got a copy of Daytripper, which I've never heard of before, but looks super interesting! Thanks Santa!

Merry Christmas BSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, I have finally opened my present, and it was awesome. Not only did my super-generous Santa Get me the first two volumes of Giant Days, I also got a copy of Daytripper, which I've never heard of before, but looks super interesting! Thanks Santa!

Merry Christmas BSS!

Let us (me) know what you think of Daytripper

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Madkal posted:

Let us (me) know what you think of Daytripper

:iia:

Trippy, but awesome.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll post the chain in the next day or two, so if you happened to forget to buy a gift now would be a good time to communicate with your santee

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

Have you gotten yours yet?

Heya. Was waiting on this and then it slipped my mind until I saw it pop back up today.

I did, assuming it was the first trade of Chew.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jordan7hm posted:

Heya. Was waiting on this and then it slipped my mind until I saw it pop back up today.

I did, assuming it was the first trade of Chew.

Oh good, I was worried I entered your weird Canadian address wrong.

Hope you like it, I didn't see it in that list you linked, and picked something you might like based on that. Sorry it's not much compared to others here.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

Oh good, I was worried I entered your weird Canadian address wrong.

Hope you like it, I didn't see it in that list you linked, and picked something you might like based on that. Sorry it's not much compared to others here.

I wasn't actually gonna say anything because Christmas isn't a time for being a scrooge but eh whatever if I don't it'll bug me.

I honestly was pretty disappointed. Not in the gift, I like Chew and don't have any of the trades, but rather that you'd join a secret santa with a gift limit of $60 and buy me something off of Amazon for $10. Like, it's not just a money thing. If you had wrapped up some dollar comics from a mini series or something and mailed them to me, that would have been fine. Hell, even if you had picked out and sent me something weird that you grabbed online from a Canadian store (I know shipping books to Canada is crap). But to just buy a fairly well known indie series trade online for a 1/3-1/6 (depending on shipping!) of the limit is kind of lovely.

Anyway food for thought for next time around! I'll still be participating if there's another one, because it was fun to try to figure out what Madkal might like (uh other than Secret Path). I found a lot of BKV and Lemire stuff that I didn't know existed and added it to my own personal wishlist.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

According to Elfster the only people not to send gifts yet are End Me Scoob and CapnAndy

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I sent his (and Amazon tells me they arrived), but I did also pack in a note with the shipment saying "I commissioned an extra thing for you and then the artist vanished, so you may get another package soon".

"Soon" has become 2017. loving Etsy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jordan7hm posted:

I wasn't actually gonna say anything because Christmas isn't a time for being a scrooge but eh whatever if I don't it'll bug me.

I honestly was pretty disappointed. Not in the gift, I like Chew and don't have any of the trades, but rather that you'd join a secret santa with a gift limit of $60 and buy me something off of Amazon for $10. Like, it's not just a money thing. If you had wrapped up some dollar comics from a mini series or something and mailed them to me, that would have been fine. Hell, even if you had picked out and sent me something weird that you grabbed online from a Canadian store (I know shipping books to Canada is crap). But to just buy a fairly well known indie series trade online for a 1/3-1/6 (depending on shipping!) of the limit is kind of lovely.

Anyway food for thought for next time around! I'll still be participating if there's another one, because it was fun to try to figure out what Madkal might like (uh other than Secret Path). I found a lot of BKV and Lemire stuff that I didn't know existed and added it to my own personal wishlist.

Ah, apologies then. It is kinda my fault for joining this when I don't have a lot of money to be spending on gifts, and with how little I know everyone to begin with. Hopefully next time I'll be able to give whoever I get a better gift.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Assuming I have the money to spare, I'll definitely be participating next year. Although I was kind of pulling my hair out for a bit trying to figure out what to get END ME SCOOB.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You did pretty well, man. I'm up to 4 out of 5 tomes of Lucifer now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

END ME SCOOB posted:

You did pretty well, man. I'm up to 4 out of 5 tomes of Lucifer now.

What's the verdict on Gotham Academy?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I have finished the first and it did not grab me, but I still have vol2 to go through before I judge.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

END ME SCOOB posted:

I have finished the first and it did not grab me, but I still have vol2 to go through before I judge.

:ohdear:

Maybe I should have gone with the big boxset of Scott Pilgrim instead.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh god no. You definitely picked right if those were the two options.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh god no. You definitely picked right if those were the two options.

That was my last resort choice if I couldn't come up with anything better.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Retro Futurist posted:

According to Elfster the only people not to send gifts yet are End Me Scoob and CapnAndy
I sent, I just didn't tell Elfster about it!

That avatar was irreplacable :(

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 3, 2017

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh. Well I wish you had noted it or said something to anyone. Sorry.

If the mods can fix it I'll get you an Av cert

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My grandfather died, I've been busy. I'll PM a mod and ask.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well I am sorry but you were active in multiple other threads. Let me know your email and I'll send you a cert

On the plus side, that means everyone did their stuff, good work team.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I got it back, no need for a cert :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well God bless us, everyone

Thanks again all, and to all a goodnight

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for running this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Turns out Cap'n Andy is indeed a solid guy and good gift getter and now I feel doubly bad.

https://imgur.com/gallery/688KL

That hood ornament is dope in particular

• Locked thread