Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

One thing that's been bothering me the last few days is the Leafs are having a really hard time advancing with possession once they get the puck back defensively. Whole lot of pucks slapped to nobody in particular or missed breakouts, probably one reason they've been hemorrhaging shots lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bozak line continues to be laughably high-event

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

Ugh this feels like an old Leafs night.

As bad as the Canucks have been they're actually pretty good at cutting down shots against and and playing a choking/counterattack game. Probably not a great matchup for a team struggling with structure. Though the Leafs are getting the better of things so far, so hey

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol a Matt Martin/Ben Smith 2 on 1

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kadri continues to own :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

It's just early game whining from me. I'm sure they'll turn it up a gear in a bit.

I say that and shots are like 14-3 and the Leafs lead.

Matthews has really got to take the shot more often

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, Bozak :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeahhh there we go

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I feel like Polak should never be on the ice at the same time as Tyler Bozak in the defensive zone. Just a bad combo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Auston, why would you go for the backhand

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Andersen looks pretty terrible so far, score notwithstanding

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Seriously, Bozak line plus Gardiner-Polak is misery in the defensive zone

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wow Bozak again :siren:

How long until Babcock realizes last year was an anomaly and Komarov is a 4th liner? January?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

:lol: What the gently caress even happened on that play

ThinkTank posted:

Please put me out of my misery. What egregious sin did I commit in a past life to deserve this torture?

The Leafs were bad, with a terrible GM and a worse coach, and no pipeline in 2013. It really doesn't take that long to turn a team around once management turns over.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man, Miller has stoned Matthews in tight at least 3 times this game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nylander, Matthews, Gardiner out there.

Komarov takes the shot

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aww I missed Marner being Marner

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007