Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:siren: E/N post incoming. :siren:

Florida, yet again, is Real Bad™ at offensive football, and only has a respectable record because the SEC East is the worst division in college football.

We mustered 3 offensive points against a 110+ ranked defense. We rushed 14 times for 12 yards against a defense that gave up 543 rushing yards in their last game.

We paid a $10m buyout for a Saban disciple that was supposedly the The Good One, that made AJ McCarron A Good Quarterback and won 10 games at Colorado State.

We cannot recruit guys to either throw or catch the ball proficiently. Wounded ducks and 3rd down drops abounds.

All this at a program that made its name with explosive offense. :ughh:

I know its year 2 and Muschamp poisoned the well with cyanide and dysentery, but goddrat there has to be some better offensive production out here than that.

Louisville regularly plucks 3 star QBs out of Florida from under our nose and turns them into goddamned superstars, and somehow we are starting that goofy loving limpdick Luke Del Rio.

Needless to say, even at 6-1 I was pretty sure the emperor had no clothes and I was right. Our defense was prone to mental lapses and, furthermore, our entire team appears to be made of delicate crystal--we lost 3 starters yesterday in that horrific effort.

I have three sports rooting interests:

The Washington Redskins have been the Worst Organization In Sports (in both ineptitude and evilness) since Snyder took over and have been an ineffectual mess since 1992. They have singlehandedly made me hate the NFL.

The Atlanta Braves nearly lost 100 games this year and appear to be wandering down the profitability above winning model I hate so much. I can manage without pennants every year, but being mathematically eliminated in June is really loving horrible. They are moving out of Atlanta and out of my heart.

The Gators are really all I had left--and after a glimmer of hope last season I'm starting to lose interest in anything other than getting Angry Drunk every Saturday and talking poo poo about them. My wife asks why I watch since I clearly hate it so much.

I no longer have a good answer.

/depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: 62-3

Views: :lol: When Huskers get beat down, they like to make the other team score 62 points, for some reason. Like when Colorado beat them 62-36 and caused them to knee jerk fire Frank Solich, who was probably one of their best coaches in history.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bama vs Michigan is your dad's dream matchup game and it's going to end 3-0.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama vs Michigan is your dad's dream matchup game and it's going to end 3-0.

Roll Tide

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Watching Wisconsin football is like watching a wrestling or mma fight where it's just all choke holds, and not much else. It works, we're good at it, we'd probably be much worse if we tried to make it look pretty, but it's not something the crowd is going to be excited about.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

I can't live in a world where we lose to the will Muschamp coached gamecocks in the swamp

just letting you all know that I'll be killing myself next weekend

:same:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Indiana is a QB and a couple pieces away from being in the Big Ten title game. :unsmith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dishwasher posted:

Indiana is a QB and a couple pieces away from being in the Big Ten title game. :unsmith:

Aren't you guys in the East?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aren't you guys in the East?

We're no longer a dumpster fire. The sky is the limit. And we almost hosed around and beat Ohio State for the first time in eons. Two bowls in a row would be huge for us right now. They're even about to enclose the south side of our stadium and make it circular, almost like a real Big Ten stadium!

It's a great town. If everything's on the up and up, the recruits will come.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 6, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Indiana isn't a dumpster fire but in no way are they getting even a sniff of the B1G championship game in that division.

Also N: Jim Grobe is bitching about distractions.

V: hahahaha get hosed forever baylor

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa is one stupid mistake at Illinois away from not going bowling, because we sure as hell aren't getting a 6th win against Michigan or Nebraska.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

DJExile posted:

"Indiana? Not even a whiff"

Not even a taste, huh? :smith:

That's also cool. I'm stoked to be, like, Duke and be good for a solid 6 to 7 wins per year and always in contention for a Pinstripe or FastFoodBranded Bowl and be happier than a pig in poo poo forever. It's been rough bros.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

Penn State is somehow really loving good and is going to finish 10-2. If only they were this good to star the year

Those losses did shape the direction of the program over the course of the year. It's hard to say if the team would have grown into what they are now without getting their face kicked in Michigan.

It would be interesting to watch a Michigan Penn State rematch. PSU definitely the second best team in the conference right now.

Penn State would obliterate Pitt if they played now.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crotch Bat posted:

I 100% think any offensive player who isn't defenseless and lowers his head removes his ability to be "targeted". It invites dangerous play and shouldn't be afford the protection that defenseless players receive.

All this targeting stuff is just too much.

While we're on the topic of overzealous officiating, can we also say that if a quarterback runs out of the pocket and tries to make extra yards along the sideline it is ok for a defender to curb stomp him? I don't think officiating changed the game last night, but Jalen Hurts got a free penalty as he was trying to gain yards, and he is for all intents and purposes a fast running back when he scrambles. There should be no VIP card for him.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

I can't live in a world where we lose to the will Muschamp coached gamecocks in the swamp

just letting you all know that I'll be killing myself next weekend

Easy there, my cock only gets so hard.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

All I have to say is "ouch". Before the game I was telling the guy sitting next to me at the bar I was afraid OSU would wake up after back-to-back bad games. They certainly did :smith:

Glad Tommy Armstrong seems to be okay though. That was terrifying.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Auburn could go to the playoff's with two more wins, but I don't really think they will get there. I'm worried about the Georgia game if White and Pettway are hurt. I think down just one of them Auburn can win and hopefully get healthy enough to at least keep it close against Bama. If both are gone I think Auburn loses those games and ends up 8-4.

In any case just having a chance at the playoff is a lot more than I thought Auburn would do this season. My real fantasy scenario is somehow Auburn, Bama, and Clemson all make it to the playoff and we get two re-matches to make everyone mad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

Those losses did shape the direction of the program over the course of the year. It's hard to say if the team would have grown into what they are now without getting their face kicked in Michigan.

It would be interesting to watch a Michigan Penn State rematch. PSU definitely the second best team in the conference right now.

Penn State would obliterate Pitt if they played now.

Michigan would win big again. Maybe not by 40 tho. 20 seems about right

gently caress you Hamilton for that drop

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

:siren: E/N post incoming. :siren:

Florida, yet again, is Real Bad™ at offensive football, and only has a respectable record because the SEC East is the worst division in college football.

We mustered 3 offensive points against a 110+ ranked defense. We rushed 14 times for 12 yards against a defense that gave up 543 rushing yards in their last game.

We paid a $10m buyout for a Saban disciple that was supposedly the The Good One, that made AJ McCarron A Good Quarterback and won 10 games at Colorado State.

We cannot recruit guys to either throw or catch the ball proficiently. Wounded ducks and 3rd down drops abounds.

All this at a program that made its name with explosive offense. :ughh:

I know its year 2 and Muschamp poisoned the well with cyanide and dysentery, but goddrat there has to be some better offensive production out here than that.

Louisville regularly plucks 3 star QBs out of Florida from under our nose and turns them into goddamned superstars, and somehow we are starting that goofy loving limpdick Luke Del Rio.

Needless to say, even at 6-1 I was pretty sure the emperor had no clothes and I was right. Our defense was prone to mental lapses and, furthermore, our entire team appears to be made of delicate crystal--we lost 3 starters yesterday in that horrific effort.

Sometime last season amidst the Treon Harris poo poo show, Coach McElwain was interviewed on the sidelines. While chomping on some gum with his John Elway teeth, he disregarded the reporter's question about the offense and instead talked about what a great atmosphere Florida Field had. I thought at the time that this guy was either a genius and had it all figured out, or he was totally out of his depth.

The Arkansas game may have had all of the makings of an ambush game, but that doesn't excuse Florida's offensive performance. Florida's offense looked like a student who had done no studying for an exam at the end of the semester. Nothing worked. There didn't seem to be any preparation. As entitled is this might make me sound, it was disrespectful to the fans to show up looking like that.

For a variety of reasons, it would be absurd to remove McElwain before the end of next season. That being said, the end of this season and the early part of next season will be very telling as to his future prospects in Gainesville. Jeremy Foley did not pay his outrageous Colorado State buyout for this kind of performance.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dishwasher posted:

Not even a taste, huh? :smith:

That's also cool. I'm stoked to be, like, Duke and be good for a solid 6 to 7 wins per year and always in contention for a Pinstripe or FastFoodBranded Bowl and be happier than a pig in poo poo forever. It's been rough bros.

More power to Indiana for improving. They're not a garbage team but getting to the B1G Championship is asking for a whole ton to go exactly right when you're in a division with OSU, Sparty, Michigan, and Penn State.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson finally looked dominant over a team it should dominate. ND lost. A good weekend.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

DrunkPanda posted:

Like when Colorado beat them 62-36 and caused them to knee jerk fire Frank Solich, who was probably one of their best coaches in history.

Solich was fired two years after this game. His last game as coach was a nine-point win in Boulder, in fact.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Duckaerobics posted:

My real fantasy scenario is somehow Auburn, Bama, and Clemson all make it to the playoff and we get two re-matches to make everyone mad.

Nah, somehow it has to end with Harbaugh playing Meyer in the semis and then having to face Saban as the Final Boss.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL, Sparty.

I'm sad Tommy Armstrong got hurt when that Nebraska player with the handlebar mustache escaped unscathed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

imagine your game plan being:

- we are going to call 11 run plays against onme of the worst rushing defenses
- we are going to ask luke del rio to throw the ball 37 times

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The inside track for the AAC championship seems to be Temple v Tulsa/Navy

I guess go Tulsa considering how bad Temple got rolled by Army to start the year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

imagine your game plan being:

- we are going to call 11 run plays against onme of the worst rushing defenses
- we are going to ask luke del rio to throw the ball 37 times

It was a staggeringly idiotic gameplan.

I actually think Muschamp did something similar two years ago against Mizzou (maybe) where they had the worst run D in the country and we only ran 10 or 15 times.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA managed to survive the pretty good Kentucky Wildcat onslaught. Not even throwing shade to Kentucky, I am glad to seem them on a roll this year. We ran the ball in more ways that just up the middle, and isn't it a coincidence that we actually got yards? At this point I'm hoping for bowl eligibility, but if we cream auburn in the process I'm good with that too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Let's talk about how Illinois, down to its third string quarterback with a great name and also missing its best WR, beat michigan state

lollllllllllll

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas won but that score was about 20 points closer than it should have been. We blew two fourth quarter drives that would have ended the game because Sterlin Gilbert went retarded and stopped handing the ball off to D'Onta Foreman who had 300+ yards at the time. Who does that?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

Auburn could go to the playoff's with two more wins, but I don't really think they will get there. I'm worried about the Georgia game if White and Pettway are hurt. I think down just one of them Auburn can win and hopefully get healthy enough to at least keep it close against Bama. If both are gone I think Auburn loses those games and ends up 8-4.
Yeah I am concerned that there is now a scenario on the table where I'd actually be disappointed, if those injuries are enough to cost us the Georgia game or even if we win that one but lose somebody critical in the process can't field a competitive team against Bama. I haven't been thinking about the playoff really but something like a Sugar Bowl is on the table and I'd like it to stay there.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Virginia Tech beats Duke by 3 in a stadium that was 75% Hokies fans. I lost my voice, it was great.

gently caress Duke, their terrible parking services, traffic management, and Ron Cherry.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Let's talk about how Illinois, down to its third string quarterback with a great name and also missing its best WR, beat michigan state

lollllllllllll

We were also down to our third quarterback :sigh:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

C2C - 2.0 posted:

LSU's offensive line got loving DESTROYED tonight.

I was watching with my buddy that used to play O Line there and he kept getting really excited about one of the dudes getting blown up all night. Apparently he was mouthing off on social media or something and got his poo poo kicked in.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

We were also down to our third quarterback :sigh:

I know vastly more michiganders in Chicago (who are evenly split between msu/um) than Illinois folks so it's really really enjoyable any time something like this happens :toot: Hell, MSU's not even a historical rival or even been noteworthy until recently yet they've beaten illinois like 10 straight years until yesterday

last time illinois beat osu: 2007
beat wisconsin: 2007
beat iowa: 2008
beat michigan: 2009
beat penn state: 2014
beat msu: 2006 (until yesterday)
:woop:

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 6, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

I know vastly more michiganders in Chicago (who are evenly split between msu/um) than Illinois folks so it's really really enjoyable any time something like this happens :toot: Hell, MSU's not even a historical rival or even been noteworthy until recently yet they've beaten illinois like 10 straight years until yesterday

last time illinois beat osu: 2007
beat wisconsin: 2007
beat iowa: 2008
beat michigan: 2009
beat penn state: 2014
beat msu: 2006 (until yesterday)
:woop:

We don't play y'all every year so it wasn't quite 10 straight years (although I can't imagine losing to Illinois at any other point in the Dantonio era either).

And I am one of those Michiganders in Chicago. I imagine the MSU bar scene this year has been depressing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

We don't play y'all every year so it wasn't quite 10 straight years (although I can't imagine losing to Illinois at any other point in the Dantonio era either).

yeah i meant more like haven't won in ten years, not ten straight losses. they don't play very often. heck, i don't think maryland and illinois have ever played in their history?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern got their asses completely kicked by both of Wisconsin's lines and kept within striking distance of them until the fourth quarter because of Austin Carr. I've never seen anything like this before, he might be the best receiver we've ever had.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami played really, really well and the big take away for me was that Richt made changes to the offense. instead of using the run to set up the pass, he went pass to set up the run. The fact that he was willing to be flexible was fantastic, considering how he's been so god drat inflexible the rest of the season. There were scouts from 13 nfl teams in the stadium last night, and Kaaya put on a clinic. He threw for 4 TDs, no ints, and around half his incompletions were drops that were on the money. He also ran(including a TD). It was great! If we did that earlier in the season, we'd be 7-1. Thanks guys!

Defense is still beat up. So beat up in fact, that one of our DEs that had a TFL was a converted TE playing his first game at defense. Coach Kool is magic. Defense gave up 21 points. Not bad with a lot of true freshman and injuries. I was happy with the team.

Stadium itself was loud, but not a great crowd. The 4 game losing streak hurt, but so did the rain. It was nasty, and the roof didn't do poo poo. I was wringing water out of my pants 3-4 hours after it stopped raining. A good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress I love that last one

• Locked thread