Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
GT defense turned into poo poo after the bye week and Ted Roof is gonna get fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan gave up 367 yards to Maryland, they have a decent offense and clearly the game was over in the 2nd quarter so I am not too worried about that, however, out of that 367 yards we had:

quote:

(2:20 - 1st) Perry Hills pass complete to Levern Jacobs for 32 yds to the Mich 48 for a 1ST down

(0:01 - 2nd) Caleb Rowe pass complete to D.J. Moore for 47 yds to the Mich 1 for a 1ST down

(9:07 - 2nd) Perry Hills pass complete to D.J. Moore for 19 yds to the Mary 44 for a 1ST down

on an identical screen pass out of the exact same offense that Ohio State runs. So uh, hopefully they figure out how to stop that play. Otherwise, I'll take holding a team with two backs averaging over 7 YPC to 2.1 YPC on the game.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Okay is the blue thing a Husky or a Badger? I'm guessing it would have to be a Husky?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Okay is the blue thing a Husky or a Badger? I'm guessing it would have to be a Husky?

It's a Wolverine.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Zwabu posted:

It's a wolverine.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Oh, okay. I thought it was portraying teams that were outside looking in at the playoff, like Louisville, so Clemson didn't really fit there. I get it now.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Gameday gonna be at UW for the USC game next weekend :frogc00l:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Jake Bentley is 3-0 and completing 73% of his passes with six touchdowns and no interceptions. His stats don't really leap off the page in a vacuum, but that is phenomenal for a true freshman who is largely operating with other freshmen/first-year guys at WR and RB.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Death valley is loving LOUD I can't speak at all rn but its all good forever the champs roll drat tide

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

Jake Bentley is 3-0 and completing 73% of his passes with six touchdowns and no interceptions. His stats don't really leap off the page in a vacuum, but that is phenomenal for a true freshman who is largely operating with other freshmen/first-year guys at WR and RB.
Quarterback guru Will Muschamp works his magic once again

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Zwabu posted:

Oh, okay. I thought it was portraying teams that were outside looking in at the playoff, like Louisville, so Clemson didn't really fit there. I get it now.

(psst, look at the rug)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

DJExile posted:

(psst, look at the rug)

I mean we dropped 50+ too but that is pretty obviously not a Dubs

Gameday is gonna be so hilarious if the committee puts Ohio State or Louisville above us

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

After a game that ended pretty well after a really ugly first half, the Gophers have four consecutive conference wins for the second time since 1973! :toot:

Now to look ahead to the battle for the best trophy in college football: The $5 Bits of Broken Chair!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://vine.co/v/5jzYQbFm6WE

https://twitter.com/wyo_football/status/795147852896997376

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Oh yeah baby!!!!!!!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't want to count chickens, but I just don't see anyone left on Penn State's schedule winning. The team does seem to be improving and looks much more like a competitive team than earlier this season. I'm glad there's basically no chance at the Big Ten title game because I don't think they're there yet, unless it was Minnesota on the other side.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Haha, this is loving great.

So FSU won. Thank Christ. I was incredibly worried that after obviously leaving it all on the field last week that we'd have a letdown at NC State, whose loving stadium has been a house of horrors for FSU at times. It looked like that would be the case up until the very end, and if there's an FSU fan in the country who said they didn't absolutely expect the Wolfpack to pick up that 4th and 12 you're either a)lying or b)haven't watched a loving FSU game this year. Let me just say: WHEW.

I just don't understand what is going on at UF. While I am enjoying watching "Mac" thrash around and gently caress things up and I hope it continues against FSU at the end of the season it's just incomprehensible to see the weekly happenings in Gainesville. If the Gators lose to Muschamp I think the entire university, president to freshman, should commit seppuku on the 50.

Alabama is the loving Leonard Fournette Kryptonite, against everyone else he averages like 8 yards a carry. Against the Tide? Under 2.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

JonathonSpectre posted:

Haha, this is loving great.

So FSU won. Thank Christ. I was incredibly worried that after obviously leaving it all on the field last week that we'd have a letdown at NC State, whose loving stadium has been a house of horrors for FSU at times. It looked like that would be the case up until the very end, and if there's an FSU fan in the country who said they didn't absolutely expect the Wolfpack to pick up that 4th and 12 you're either a)lying or b)haven't watched a loving FSU game this year. Let me just say: WHEW.

I just don't understand what is going on at UF. While I am enjoying watching "Mac" thrash around and gently caress things up and I hope it continues against FSU at the end of the season it's just incomprehensible to see the weekly happenings in Gainesville. If the Gators lose to Muschamp I think the entire university, president to freshman, should commit seppuku on the 50.

Alabama is the loving Leonard Fournette Kryptonite, against everyone else he averages like 8 yards a carry. Against the Tide? Under 2.

There are a couple things at play with UF I think. Their offensive recruiting is very bad. Like incredibly bad. They couldn't flip Francois when we had 3 5* QBs committed, they couldn't flip Lamar Jackson from Petrino, and one can see how the rest of the offensive unit looks except for the Tight Ends and RBs. Personally I think Franks is really overrated, thanks to having had Keith Gavin to throw to in high school. It's possibly Trask, a new QB, or bust for them. I don't think stuff like this
https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/792024014956953600

Will help them at all either. The Alabama offense only works with an Alabama OL. They're playing out of their minds for how thin they are, though, I think.

More importantly, watching FSU this year has been a terrible experience :smith:

Kayaa looked fantastic yesterdayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKMgaKbeL_Y

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 6, 2016

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

DrunkPanda posted:

News: 62-3

Views: :lol: When Huskers get beat down, they like to make the other team score 62 points, for some reason. Like when Colorado beat them 62-36 and caused them to knee jerk fire Frank Solich, who was probably one of their best coaches in history.

Pretty sure Nebraska still played in the national title game and Solich wasn't canned for another 2 years after that.

I hate that Colorado team with a passion. Texas railroaded them during the season and then lost in a Chris Simms meltdown in the Big XII title game keeping us out of the title game.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Sab0921 posted:

Pretty sure Nebraska still played in the national title game and Solich wasn't canned for another 2 years after that.

I hate that Colorado team with a passion. Texas railroaded them during the season and then lost in a Chris Simms meltdown in the Big XII title game keeping us out of the title game.

Nebraska did indeed play in the BCS title game, despite not winning their own division, let alone the Big XII. An odd year.

To be fair though, anyone playing Miami that year was going to get shithoused.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LSU defense real good. LSU offense real bad. Sun rises, sun sets.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I wonder how much negative recruiting for Florida's offense boils down to "Have you seen how terrible their offensive line is? Come here and we'll make you look better as a backup than you'll be as a starter at Florida."

notaviking
Aug 15, 2011

You can run, but you'll just die tired...
I was looking forward to Ole Miss and LSU match-ups and ultimately having a much better than expected season. Then we poo poo the bed with state...freaking state. That game better have just been a poo poo the bed fluke and not the start of our yearly mid-season collapse. drat you Stingray.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Rodrigo Blankenship looks like that rear end in a top hat barista at Starbucks who rubbed his scrotum on the lid of your mocha because you wouldn't put anything in the tip jar

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Manoueverable posted:

Gameday gonna be at UW for the USC game next weekend :frogc00l:

No surprise there. USC is looking legit these days, this will be the first challenge UW has and that OT win over Arizona is becoming more of a head scratcher every week that goes by with them getting their poo poo kicked in.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Rodrigo Blankenship looks like that rear end in a top hat barista at Starbucks who rubbed his scrotum on the lid of your mocha because you wouldn't put anything in the tip jar

I missed you :unsmith:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sash! posted:

I don't want to count chickens, but I just don't see anyone left on Penn State's schedule winning. The team does seem to be improving and looks much more like a competitive team than earlier this season. I'm glad there's basically no chance at the Big Ten title game because I don't think they're there yet, unless it was Minnesota on the other side.

I'd like to see how Penn State stacks up against Wisconsin, but I think they can beat any other team in the west. Let's say that hypothetically Michigan loses a game they shouldn't and then loses to Ohio State, paving the way for Penn State to get into the Big Ten championship game, where they beat Wisconsin. An 11-2 Penn State might make it into the playoffs, but they'd get steamrolled against Alabama, Louisville, Washington or Clemson. Best case scenario is that Michigan wins out and makes the playoffs and Penn State finds a way into the Rose Bowl.

Komet fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 6, 2016

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Komet posted:

I'd like to see how Penn State stacks up against Wisconsin, but I think they can beat any other team in the west. Let's say that hypothetically Michigan loses a game they shouldn't and then loses to Ohio State, paving the way for Penn State to get into the Big Ten championship game, where they beat Wisconsin. An 11-2 Penn State might make it into the playoffs, but they'd get steamrolled against Michigan, Alabama, Louisville, Washington or Clemson. Best case scenario is that Michigan wins out and makes the playoffs and Penn State finds a way into the Rose Bowl.

If you're going to go with an outrageous scenario that gets them to the playoffs they might have to play against a lucky Auburn team or something. Those undefeateds that look like monsters need to drop a few anyway for it to be a possibility.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

dphi posted:

No surprise there. USC is looking legit these days, this will be the first challenge UW has and that OT win over Arizona is becoming more of a head scratcher every week that goes by with them getting their poo poo kicked in.

That @Utah game was pretty tough, they had a chance to tie in the last minute

But yes, USC is looking pretty scary. I'm considering going up for Gameday cause last time was super fun even if I basically stayed up all night to get there

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dphi posted:

Utah wasn't a challenge?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

There are a couple things at play with UF I think. Their offensive recruiting is very bad. Like incredibly bad. They couldn't flip Francois when we had 3 5* QBs committed, they couldn't flip Lamar Jackson from Petrino, and one can see how the rest of the offensive unit looks except for the Tight Ends and RBs. Personally I think Franks is really overrated, thanks to having had Keith Gavin to throw to in high school. It's possibly Trask, a new QB, or bust for them. I don't think stuff like this
https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/792024014956953600

Will help them at all either. The Alabama offense only works with an Alabama OL. They're playing out of their minds for how thin they are, though, I think.

This kills me. A serviceable QB would kill it at UF--but they'd rather go sit behind 8 guys at FSU/Bama or go hope Petrino stays for 4 years this time.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Benne posted:

Washington is cool and good even though OSU will probably jump us in the rankings

Huge OSU fan. No matter how tough B1G East looks, it would be a loving shame for this to happen. Washington needs to be in the top four - if things proceed like you'd think UM/OSU will decide who represents the B1G in the playoffs and there's no reason for Washington not to get credit. Awesome coach, awesome QB, awesome team.

edit: Texas A&M being in the conversation was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Alabama is the only team from the SEC that looks like it's top-4 worthy.

milk milk lemonade fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 6, 2016

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll/2017/11

1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Louisville
6. Ohio Sate
7. Wisconsin
8. Auburn
9. OU
10. Texas A&M

lol to us being 10 after that performance

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol Baylor still ranked after getting completely pants by terrible TCU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hooey how bout them (Wyoming) Cowboys

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Utah wasn't a challenge?

The Utah that lost to Cal and came real close to dropping games to BYU and Oregon State? It was a challenge, but it shouldn't have been. USC's playing at a much, much higher level than Utah right now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

hooey how bout them (Wyoming) Cowboys

Ugh the game in two weeks in Laramie is gonna be a bitch

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

big money big clit posted:

LSU defense real good. LSU offense real bad. Sun rises, sun sets.

I really don't think the offense was that bad. O line is made of paper dolls, but if the QB had another second or two per play, the rest of the offense seemed to have been more or less decent enough to make things happen.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Ehud posted:

imagine your game plan being:

- we are going to call 11 run plays against onme of the worst rushing defenses
- we are going to ask luke del rio to throw the ball 37 times

Some thoughts -

- You don't have a mobile QB
- You don't have a stud OL or RB
- Arkansas completely changed its scheme and personnel in the last two weeks.

The defensive line and run defense were supposed to be the strength at Arkansas this year. We have great players and we just weren't using them right. They'd moved people out of their natural positions and then we lost our leading tackler so Auburn was able to see what A&M and Bama had done and basically create a gameplan around completely and utterly exploit it coming off a bye week and boy did they ever. Luckily for Arkansas they had an extra week to heal up and prepare. It had boggled everyone's mind that the same group so stout against the run last year look like they are made of swiss cheese this year. Last night is how the team should have looked all along and hopefully we can get back to stuffing Fournette like we have the last two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

George H.W. oval office posted:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll/2017/11

1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Louisville
6. Ohio Sate
7. Wisconsin
8. Auburn
9. OU
10. Texas A&M

lol to us being 10 after that performance

A&M dropped only 3 points after getting thoroughly dominated by a sub .500 team... I just... I just.... *sigh* nevermind

• Locked thread