Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i'm not all too bothered by nebraska getting curbstomped by ohio state, it's what i expected most of the season. kinda sucks that they're on the outside looking in for the division title but poo poo 10-2 is very realistic and i didn't think there was a chance in hell they'd win that many before the season started.

e: probably better if they don't win the division actually, getting curbstomped by michigan or ohio state again would probably not look too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Please donate to RAINN, and I will match donations.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794419

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

George H.W. oval office posted:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll/2017/11

1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Louisville
6. Ohio Sate
7. Wisconsin
8. Auburn
9. OU
10. Texas A&M

lol to us being 10 after that performance

Look, this week's win wasn't perfect but VT loving trounced UNC and yet they still outrank us.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Rodrigo Blankenship looks like that rear end in a top hat barista at Starbucks who rubbed his scrotum on the lid of your mocha because you wouldn't put anything in the tip jar

This post makes my wife and because she thinks he is adorable

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
14. Western Michigan
16. Colorado

:wow:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol speaking of which how the gently caress did Western Michigan drop three spots in the coaches poll. eliminating that extremely dumb poll from having any consequence is one of the best parts of using a committee for the playoffs

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
:suicide:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Maybe it was the second-half knee and he can just play his first halves for both halves now :haw:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
https://twitter.com/miakhalifa/status/795425041177526272

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just realized that this week's Gameday guest picker is probably going to be Macklemore.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Of all the hard hitting, talented defenses he's played against this year. it's Ga. Southern that knocks him out

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Of all the hard hitting, talented defenses he's played against this year. it's Ga. Southern that knocks him out

Georgia Southern's nothing to sneeze at

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

this ongoing saga is the best side-story of the season

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

And with that one tweet, Chad Kelly rose from his bed, ran the NYC marathon in under 2 hours, and continued to run all the way to Ms. Khalifa's house, with an erection of modest size.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Well, in case you thought it couldn't get any worse for Sparty, our best DB is out for the year with a broken foot.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Korranus posted:

Georgia Southern's nothing to sneeze at

I'm keenly aware https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O24HorSLUAQ

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Chad Kelly, realizing Ole Miss really didn't have anything else to play for, tore his own ACL in an attempt to gain some sympathy points. A brilliant strategy.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ur in my world now posted:

gently caress this dumbass season

we real bad.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Hed posted:

we real bad.

I wasn't expecting much from this season but holy poo poo, I don't understand how a team falls apart this badly in less than a season. It's to the point that our guys don't know basic football poo poo like "how to catch and hold a football correctly" or "how to line up without getting a penalty". Hell, even Fatony hosed up yesterday and kicked one OOB. There are no positives. Everything is bad.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Who's the chucklefuck still voting for Michigan in the AP? Some Detroit Free Press editor or something?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

mercenarynuker posted:

Who's the chucklefuck still voting for Michigan in the AP? Some Detroit Free Press editor or something?
Scott Wolf, LA Daily News. I guess Bama should be #1 no doubt but it's not the craziest thing I've ever seen?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LSU's next coach, no matter who he is, needs to go out and recruit a drat QB.

That game would have been a lot different if LSU had a decent-to-good QB (and passing plays to call on it). There were at least two points in the game where things would have been a lot different if balls were thrown properly.

Kentucky just needs more depth, but I don't really know how they'll get it as long as it's 'Noted Basketball School Kentucky'

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Taerkar posted:

LSU's next coach, no matter who he is, needs to go out and recruit a drat QB.

That game would have been a lot different if LSU had a decent-to-good QB (and passing plays to call on it). There were at least two points in the game where things would have been a lot different if balls were thrown properly.

Kentucky just needs more depth, but I don't really know how they'll get it as long as it's 'Noted Basketball School Kentucky'

they should be rolling in tight ends from failed power forwards

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
A good QB can beat Bama, that's why I keep backing Washington. Michigan is going to go nowhere against them and Saban's seen enough of Watson to know how to play him (also Clemson isn't anywhere near as good as last year). If OSU can beat Michigan then I'd also give them a chance against Bama. I think Michigan is a very good team but I think Speight is out of his league against a D like that and I just tend to favor Saban in mirror match-ups.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I'm kind of rooting for Coach O to get the LSU job.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Agree. Just imagine how much better Michigan would be with a better quarterback. I'm interested to see how Ohio State - Michigan shakes out now that Ohio State seems to have woken up from the Penn State loss.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i don't think it's really that controversial to vote michigan #1, they've been dominant for the most part. the gap between the top four teams is probably a lot smaller than most would like to admit.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Penn State has a better resume than most of the purported playoff teams

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Ugh we shouldn't be ranked #10. We played like garbage against a bad team and are probably more top 20 to 25 material right now

And we're going to find a way to lose to Ole Miss. And at this point in the season I don't think we beat LSU, unless our team's everything suddenly gets better. Their defense > our offense by a country mile and their offense will carve up our defense

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMcPU69hf6q/

The conversation around this seems to sum up as it's not illegal as long as he times it exactly right and touches no one on the leap. Some people said it's also required that he not jump over the center (which he absolutely does here). Many are noting that there's really no downside to trying this in a block-or-lose situation where it's already short enough that giving up some yardage if you get called isn't much of a consequence, so expect to see more of this.

(Illegal or not I don't dispute that it's totally badass.)

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Cnidario posted:

Ugh we shouldn't be ranked #10. We played like garbage against a bad team and are probably more top 20 to 25 material right now

And we're going to find a way to lose to Ole Miss. And at this point in the season I don't think we beat LSU, unless our team's everything suddenly gets better. Their defense > our offense by a country mile and their offense will carve up our defense

Chad Kelley is out for the season, though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Aggy losing made the Iron Bowl an enormously important game for both sides now, that should be a ton of fun to watch (or an abject massacre since Auburn really seems to struggle on offense at times).

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

pillsburysoldier posted:

Penn State has a better resume than most of the purported playoff teams

One win over a top 25 and 2 losses. Gonna say no to that one.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMcPU69hf6q/

The conversation around this seems to sum up as it's not illegal as long as he times it exactly right and touches no one on the leap. Some people said it's also required that he not jump over the center (which he absolutely does here). Many are noting that there's really no downside to trying this in a block-or-lose situation where it's already short enough that giving up some yardage if you get called isn't much of a consequence, so expect to see more of this.

(Illegal or not I don't dispute that it's totally badass.)

That's my understanding of the rule. If he doesn't touch (the nifty little leg lift ensured that), then it's perfectly legal.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

they should be rolling in tight ends from failed power forwards

Apparently riding the pine in Greece or Somethingistan pays better than being a tight end for the football program. That's a drat shame failure on Kentucky's part. They sposed to be SEC

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Michigan has been curb stomping just about everyone and is on pace for a historically great defensive season. I'd probably vote Bama but it's not at all absurd to have Michigan first

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i forgot to share with you guys the lovely fan sitting in front of me at the LSU game!!!

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Komet posted:

Agree. Just imagine how much better Michigan would be with a better quarterback. I'm interested to see how Ohio State - Michigan shakes out now that Ohio State seems to have woken up from the Penn State loss.

We'll see how things shake out over the next few weeks, but Speight is steadily becoming Pretty Darn Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Freeze made the rookie move trying to curry favor with the big man upstairs IMO. Plenty of evidence out there that pledging your eternal soul to Our Dark Lord is the way to go.

https://omrebelnation.com/ole-miss-and-suffering-4b29628653c7#.yzt0wy1ct

• Locked thread