Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh god please tell me that's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/Marq_Burnett/status/795713233394995205

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I'm amazed Jim Harbaugh isn't taking advantage of that rule on a daily basis to bring players back.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

b-minus1 posted:

Mizzou's only wins of the season are vs Eastern Michigan and Delaware State. We're gonna go 0-8 in the SEC to finish 2-10. Basketball team sucks too. We'll probably finish last in the sec. Kill me.

Our other sports are undergoing calamities of their own as well! It's a great time to be a Mizzou Tiger!!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ur in my world now posted:

Our other sports are undergoing calamities of their own as well! It's a great time to be a Mizzou Tiger!!

Y'all have the best wrestling team in the SEC. Which is something, at least.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

I'm amazed Jim Harbaugh isn't taking advantage of that rule on a daily basis to bring players back.

Who says he isn't?

I have no clue, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

Who says he isn't?

Worth it if I get to read the name Tim Biakabutuka again.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Grittybeard posted:

Worth it if I get to read the name Tim Biakabutuka again.

I doubt he can even run anymore.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

I doubt he can even run anymore.

Alabama brought in Trent Richardson though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa should bring back Marvin McNutt and Robert Gallery but to actually play. Give them Boone Meyers and Jermenic Smith's jerseys and see if anyone notices.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Regnevelc posted:

Who says he isn't?

Problem is, who does he bring in? Saban has it made with all the guys who were college stars that flame out like Richardson. All the best Michigan players of recent years are, for the most part, in the league or totally out of football since there were so few of them the last few years(Denard, Lewan, etc.). Albeit, I would totally love to read the sentence "Jim Harbaugh calls on three-headed monster of Steven Threet, Nick Sheridan, and Tate Forcier to Simulate JT Barrett in preparation for Ohio State Game".

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

To be fair he was simulating Leonard Fourtnette, so it was accurate

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

Iowa should bring back Marvin McNutt and Robert Gallery but to actually play. Give them Boone Meyers and Jermenic Smith's jerseys and see if anyone notices.

I don't think Cedar Rapids Titans (of the Indoor Football League) Head Coach Marvin McNutt has time for silly distractions like college football. And I think Gallery is a farmer now or something like that.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grittybeard posted:

Was his jersey yellow?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit Free Press posted:

EAST LANSING - Football fans can watch Michigan State take on Rutgers at Spartan Stadium this weekend for less than the price of a weekend matinee. Or a plate of nachos at El Azteco. Or a pitcher of Miller Lite at the Peanut Barrel.

Currently on StubHub, fans can pick up a ticket for Saturday's noon game for $6. And that's not just for the nosebleed seats. Lower bowl seats near the end zone are going for the same prices as those on the upper decks along the sidelines. As of Monday morning, dozens of upper and lower bowl seats were available for $6 to $10 a person, not including service fees.

:laffo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine paying 6 dollars to see your team, who was in the playoffs last year, potentially lose to Rutgers

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Obama met with him too

http://twitter.com/SInow/status/795752140799176704

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Alaois posted:

imagine paying 6 dollars to see your team, who was in the playoffs last year, potentially lose to Rutgers

we are going to lose and then at least win at being the worst team in the big ten

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Korranus posted:

Moon pole keeps rolling...
Hey, why isn't Rice in the bottom 10?

Oh, there are only 127 teams on that list... :smith:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Korranus posted:

Moon pole

:flaccid:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Remember those heady days of #10 Notre Dame and #12 Michigan State

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Chump Farts posted:

we are going to lose and then at least win at being the worst team in the big ten

the first team to ever go 0-9 in Big Ten conference play
while Michigan could be the first to go 9-0

exciting!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Incoherence posted:

Hey, why isn't Rice in the bottom 10?

Oh, there are only 127 teams on that list... :smith:

Rice Blows Goats And The Bottom of My Moon Pole

But yep, they're 128th.

San Diego State is 128th in strength of schedule. Shoulda joined the American :shobon:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Korranus posted:

Rice Blows Goats And The Bottom of My Moon Pole

But yep, they're 128th.
Can't even argue with that, given that the team they just lost to is 125th.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hey google news search Kent State football

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Didn't get an offer from Penn state

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Scott Wolf, LA Daily News. I guess Bama should be #1 no doubt but it's not the craziest thing I've ever seen?

This guy has had crazy polls for at least a decade. It's what he does.

Crotch Bat posted:

A good QB can beat Bama, that's why I keep backing Washington. Michigan is going to go nowhere against them and Saban's seen enough of Watson to know how to play him (also Clemson isn't anywhere near as good as last year). If OSU can beat Michigan then I'd also give them a chance against Bama. I think Michigan is a very good team but I think Speight is out of his league against a D like that and I just tend to favor Saban in mirror match-ups.

Komet posted:

Agree. Just imagine how much better Michigan would be with a better quarterback. I'm interested to see how Ohio State - Michigan shakes out now that Ohio State seems to have woken up from the Penn State loss.

I've been the #1 guy on the 'Speight isn't that good' train for awhile now, but uh, he actually owns now? He's been making a ton of perfect downfield throws the last few weeks. If you take out the Rutgers game where he barely played, his last 4 (Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU, Maryland) are a combined:

71-104 (68%) 1,078 yards (10.4 YPA)

I'm definitely not sure how he would hold up against Alabama's defense (probably badly, like most every other QB) but statistically he's the best QB in the conference.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Thoguh posted:

Y'all have the best wrestling team in the SEC. Which is something, at least.

It's more than something: it's cool

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sash! posted:

Remember those heady days of #10 Notre Dame and #12 Michigan State

Notre Dame will get its place back in the top ten just in time for the preseason next year

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Next week. I have waited all this football season for next week, the game I'm going to meltdown about when Iowa State beats Kansas. We're talking Goatse, death threats against prominent figures, spamming the John Galt speech, the whole nine yards.

Not really, but Montell Cozart is real loving bad and Kansas needs to heavily pursue a QB who can complete a pass in next year's recruiting.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud,

Just FYI - Franks is higher on the depth chart currently over Trask!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'd only look at the Wisconsin game because the rest of those teams are, well, bad. He had decent numbers against Wisconsin but it was game management-type play, a lot of high percentage, low yardage passes to just occasionally move some chains. The TD is key both because it was the winning play but also because it accounted for like 20% of his yards on the day.

Bama is beatable in the mirror match-up. They don't have an offense that will scare a D like Michigan's but the reverse is equally true and then you're just hinging everything on making one play they won't and I just don't like to bet against Nick Saban in a coin toss.

Bama thrives on the mirror match-up under Saban. Those guys are never more dialed in and focused than when they're playing some team determined to try and out-grind them on the ground. A playmaking QB can unhinge them, I think. Someone who isn't afraid of trusting his WRs and slinging it and putting Bama against the ropes has a better chance of beating them than someone who just plays not to lose.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This guy has had crazy polls for at least a decade. It's what he does.

I've been the #1 guy on the 'Speight isn't that good' train for awhile now, but uh, he actually owns now? He's been making a ton of perfect downfield throws the last few weeks. If you take out the Rutgers game where he barely played, his last 4 (Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU, Maryland) are a combined:

71-104 (68%) 1,078 yards (10.4 YPA)

I'm definitely not sure how he would hold up against Alabama's defense (probably badly, like most every other QB) but statistically he's the best QB in the conference.

Have you looked at JT Barrett's stats?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm not sure what I expected. But it wasn't that.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It's Ohio

It could've been anything

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

korrandark posted:

[/b]

Have you looked at JT Barrett's stats?

But but the stretch where they didn't score more than 21 points for 3 games and lost to Penn State!?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

But but the stretch where they didn't score more than 21 points for 3 games and lost to Penn State!?

That never happened though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

korrandark posted:

That never happened though.

Okay sure semantics; that's 23 in regulation vs Wiscy, 17 vs PSU, and 24 vs Northwestern. It can feel like that when you're used to scoring 60. Sorry for my lack of immediate knowledge of the net of .333333 above an average of 21 points per game during that stretch. My point is closer than I think you realize for the perception component.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Let he who has not kidnapped a girl from Ravenna cast the first stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I couldn't believe how many Florida players went down with serious injuries. I've never seen someone have their arm broken by a running back's leg like Anzalone's. It looked fake...

• Locked thread