Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

There was some brief discussion in last week's GDT about Iowa State being the best 1-8 team in America, but in Korranus' perfect and infallible moon poll, we can actually see that it is Kansas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

korrandark posted:

[/b]

Have you looked at JT Barrett's stats?

Yes, I've seen the guy with the same completion %, 1.5 fewer YPA, and a 12 point lower QB rating.

Barrett is probably a better overall PLAYER because of his running ability. But passing wise Speight has been significantly better.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Apparently, Florida's 14 rushes (really 11 but 3 sacks included in college) are the fewest ever attempted against Arkansas. I know there were some negative plays in there but I still can't :psyduck: enough over a team seeing our run defense give up over 500 yards and deciding that Luke Del Rio was the way to go instead.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

korrandark posted:

[/b]

Have you looked at JT Barrett's stats?

Lost to Penn St

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

Apparently, Florida's 14 rushes (really 11 but 3 sacks included in college) are the fewest ever attempted against Arkansas. I know there were some negative plays in there but I still can't :psyduck: enough over a team seeing our run defense give up over 500 yards and deciding that Luke Del Rio was the way to go instead.

To be fair I bet not running the ball was the last thing Arkansas' coaches expected. Florida playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

chaoslord posted:

Bob Stoops has this habit too

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

chaoslord posted:

And Arkansas played TTU the last two years, so that's really saying something...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

Yes, its as mind-bogglingly bad of a gameplan as I can ever remember seeing.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Yes, its as mind-bogglingly bad of a gameplan as I can ever remember seeing.

But if the running game is getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage over and over again people would probably complain that they were running it too much. For some reason our defense was just good and that makes me happy.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

korrandark posted:

That never happened though.

Pfft, amateur

https://twitter.com/heelillustrated/status/795468688233271296

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

But if the running game is getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage over and over again people would probably complain that they were running it too much. For some reason our defense was just good and that makes me happy.

It seems pretty clear that Arkansas took advantage of their week off, but for Florida to be held to such low rushing totals is still very embarrassing. It's like McElwain pieced together the O-line using finalists from the Mr. Puniverse competition.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The Idaho Vandals are 5-4.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mercenarynuker posted:

There was some brief discussion in last week's GDT about Iowa State being the best 1-8 team in America, but in Korranus' perfect and infallible moon poll, we can actually see that it is Kansas

Everyone should watch the glorious Toilet Bowl in Lawrence on Saturday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I agree but that isn't really what happened though. Yes you guys were forcing us to beat you with LDR's arm (which is impossible) and apparently Mac left him in after a shoulder injury (WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY), but really only 14 attempts? That isn't a commitment to establishing the run at all.

Good on you guys though--you physically whipped us all game long. I just think it should've been a better game with a better gameplan.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This new Planet Earth 2 video is going to get a lot of play in the future I can already tell

https://mobile.twitter.com/claydeezy/status/795754982112903168/video/1

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
TFF COLLEGE PICK 'EM WEEK ELEVENSIES

Here are the results from week ten:

Here's the leaderboard:

And here are the picks for a pretty gross week 11:

Decided to throw Western Michigan some love

good luck ye pickers

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is there a gif somewhere of Jeff Badet dropping that ball directly into the arm of the Georgia DB? Jesus, that was just soul crushing. We were | | this close to the SEC championship game. I guess there's still hope (no there isn't).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sparty is trash garbage this year and despite having the same record, they're still a 2-TD favorite over Rutgers. Woof. :stare:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas is favored over West Virginia?

I mean it's in Austin, and I can definitely see Texas winning, but I didn't expect them to be favored.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Washington State has banned all sorority and frat events for the rest of the semester. Because of the booze and drugs and rape:

quote:

The school’s Interfraternity Council made the move along with the Panhellenic Council, an umbrella organization for some sororities. The councils made the announcement in a letter to students, staff and others, citing alcohol and drug-use issues, rapes, and hospitalizations as the reason for banning all events as of 5 p.m. Monday.

The letter directly references a concerning rise in the number of assaults, rapes, falls and hospitalizations, saying the incidents and accompanying negative reputation put the future of Greek Life at the school in jeopardy.

The letter states: “The reoccurrence of these incidents have been associated with the irresponsibility of alcohol and drug consumption by persons in our chapters. It is necessary to understand that although incidents like these may hurt the image of the individual chapter, they also greatly degrade the perception and credibility of Greek Life at Washington State University.”

Between this and a seven game winning streak I don't even know who you are anymore Wazzu.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://twitter.com/claydeezy/status/795754982112903168

e: gently caress

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Texas is favored over West Virginia?

I mean it's in Austin, and I can definitely see Texas winning, but I didn't expect them to be favored.

It's been kind of a weird year for both of them. Texas is basically getting the home field advantage line and they're undefeated in Austin. WVU has solid wins but then got beat pretty good by OK State.

It's likely a toss-up as much as anything. Texas can't stop any offense to save their lives, and WVU's seems to range from OK to great depending on the game. Meanwhile WVU's had a very good defense and Texas, for all their faults, can R U N T H E D A N G B A L L really well.

E: WVU winning would set up an awesome matchup back at home against Oklahoma next week too.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DJExile posted:

It's been kind of a weird year for both of them. Texas is basically getting the home field advantage line and they're undefeated in Austin. WVU has solid wins but then got beat pretty good by OK State.

It's likely a toss-up as much as anything. Texas can't stop any offense to save their lives, and WVU's seems to range from OK to great depending on the game. Meanwhile WVU's had a very good defense and Texas, for all their faults, can R U N T H E D A N G B A L L really well.

E: WVU winning would set up an awesome matchup back at home against Oklahoma next week too.

Texas has been decent on offense and terrible on defense until Vance Bedford was demoted, then okay on defense after that. I didn't think the defense looked particularly great against Texas Tech, but apparently there are people in this thread who disagree. At the very least, they didn't look like they could stop the pass to save their lives.

It sort of amazes me that if we didn't have Vance Bedford, Texas might be undefeated right now.

EDIT: I hope Charlie stays but the defensive coaching staff gets an overhaul. Maybe the special teams coaching staff, too.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 8, 2016

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, Washington State has banned all sorority and frat events for the rest of the semester. Because of the booze and drugs and rape:

quote:

The letter states: “The reoccurrence of these incidents have been associated with the irresponsibility of alcohol and drug consumption by persons in our chapters. It is necessary to understand that although incidents like these may hurt the image of the individual chapter, they also greatly degrade the perception and credibility of Greek Life at Washington State University.”

They probably could have mentioned something about how rapes are inherently bad and should probably be discouraged regardless of whether they degrade the perception of Greek Life at Washington State University.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Trevor Knight is out for the year. :(

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Texas has been decent on offense and terrible on defense until Vance Bedford was demoted, then okay on defense after that. I didn't think the defense looked particularly great against Texas Tech, but apparently there are people in this thread who disagree. At the very least, they didn't look like they could stop the pass to save their lives.

It sort of amazes me that if we didn't have Vance Bedford, Texas might be undefeated right now.

EDIT: I hope Charlie stays but the defensive coaching staff gets an overhaul. Maybe the special teams coaching staff, too.

Its definitely not great but the D is better. We're actually getting off the field on 3rd downs now. The Tech game was much closer than it should have been thanks to some abysmal 4th quarter playcalling and that flukey as hell 99yd fumble return.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

computer parts posted:

What a dumb game to have broken himself on.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Winning a revenge game against Aggie wasn't enough for the dark lord. He trapped them in a constant cycle of broken dreams.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman, Mike Williams and Artavis Scott being honored on senior day because they have said they are going pro.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The defense caused 2 or 3 turnovers, got off the field on 3rd down, held Mahomes and Tech to 100 yards and 15 points under their averages, all on the road. Definitely a marked improvement. And the offense is still good, except for a silly call or two.

The game against WVU will probably be pretty close and intense.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

computer parts posted:

No worries, he can bang Katy Perry as the next 6th round wonder QB in New England.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

buddhanc posted:

The defense caused 2 or 3 turnovers, got off the field on 3rd down, held Mahomes and Tech to 100 yards and 15 points under their averages, all on the road. Definitely a marked improvement. And the offense is still good, except for a silly call or two.

I'm hoping to get to watch the game this week, as it seems like it will be a good one. Had family photos and the kiddo's first birthday the past few Saturdays, but this should be a lazier weekend.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

buddhanc posted:

Yeah the defense has looked downright decent the last couple of games based on who we played. I don't know that giving up a bunch of yards a ~35 points to Baylor and Texas Tech is really all that awful.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

A&M is cursed when it comes to quarterbacks. This weekend is gonna be... Fun.

E: is Garrett still questionable? We're double hosed if he's out against Ole Miss

Spaced God fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 8, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yoshifan823 posted:

I don't think Cedar Rapids Titans (of the Indoor Football League) Head Coach Marvin McNutt has time for silly distractions like college football. And I think Gallery is a farmer now or something like that.

Probably. I know Matt Kroul is, I went to his pumpkin patch one time

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

This is kind of a :corsair: take, but I thought the point of senior day was honoring seniors.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spaced God posted:

A&M is cursed when it comes to quarterbacks. This weekend is gonna be... Fun.

E: is Garrett still questionable? We're double hosed if he's out against Ole Miss

Ole Miss sucks and the step down from Knight to Hubenak isn't really that precipitous. We could definitely still lose to Ole Miss, but if we do it will be evidence of bigger problems than quarterback.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

vyst posted:

Ehud,

Just FYI - Franks is higher on the depth chart currently over Trask!

Franks looked terrible in the O&B game iirc.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Franks looked terrible in the O&B game iirc.

He was the worst one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Thoguh posted:

Y'all have the best wrestling team in the SEC. Which is something, at least.

Our wrestling team is actually in the MAC, not the SEC.

• Locked thread