Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Second SASSmas for me, last year went pretty well (esp for my Santee, seeing them post their stuff and what they thought was super cool), here's hoping this year will be even better!

Santa: Brit goon living elsewhere, 20s. As you may have gathered if you've taken even the slightest glance at my posts, I shitpost about birds (and a dumb mobile game?) a ton, my three in particular. They are all Good Boys and last year got tiny hand knitted hats, which unfortunately were too big for them-

http://i.imgur.com/aMqETuT.jpg?1 http://i.imgur.com/H8ZaHdC.jpg?1 http://i.imgur.com/57IQQTB.jpg?1

That's the bar set. Totally unrelated, did you know they make hoodies for parrots too? They also wouldn't mind a shower perch or any long lasting foraging toys, but aren't interested in food items.

Other interests: Fantasy and sci-fi (films, books, art, TV, games, whatever) are my thing. I do art, both digital and traditional (mostly watercolour and pencils), so supplies or that openCanvas6 license or whatever else are all good. Artbooks, especially for video games or films where they show concept art and sketches and designs of beasties or props and how they progress, are the best. My shelves have a few dinosaur and other interesting animal figurines for references and could always use more. Videogames and related items are cool but I'm a poor so don't have anything recent, console or game-currently playing through my first Zelda, OoT 3D, and it's been awesome so far. Interested in board games but don't have any, also interested in pen+paper RPGs but language barrier still makes it too difficult to play locally, so get my fix through podcasts like The Adventure Zone (the McElroy brothers are too good for this world)

Feel free to send NSFW stuff like a Dildomancer original but nothing that will upset customs please. Handmade things and local snacks or tat etc are totally fine. Size M shirts (possibly S if from US), can send things for a goon or goonette, send a message via the SASS site if you're still baffled

Hell no: Liquorice, live bees, glitter and anything similar

Santee: Set your sights low and your standards lower. You'll get good stuff but much less so if you haven't posted any ideas to go on.

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I got a really really great Santee (almost... TOO good the pressure is on) but they haven't posted in here yet, and aren't replying to messages. :ohdear:

My Santa also sent a message almost straight away so this year is hopefully going to be great on both ends!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Trying to keep it vague, but they've been around a long time, a lot of people would recognise the name, and they're usually pretty active

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

My Santee is still AWOL, which is a bit surprising and kind of disappointing tbh. I ended up getting them a nice thing relevant to their interests, since I'm not a total dick, but hopefully they come through for their Santee in return. And that my Santa is cool too. :v:

Was looking forward a bit to looking into things and picking out cool poo poo, or doing some artwork or whatever, so I'll probably end up adopting someone who gets shafted instead

Droogie posted:

Santee, you're kind of a pain in the rear end this year. I'm sort of at a loss, but one had fun with one of your gifts.

This is good

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I finally got a message from my Santee, after they got the one (nice) thing I picked out for them. It ended up being very relevant to their interests and something they didn't yet have, so they were happy, so I am too. :3:

Not heard anything more from my Santa but hopefully things are okay there too!

Teketeketeketeke posted:

After the screams died down and the vespiform menace had been defeated, I was left with a strange collection of items:

These are so good

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I picked up my package today! I'll post photos later because it's hard on a tablet but Santa came with some cool stuff and I'm really happy with the things that came. Spoiler: possibly my favourite item is the BIRDS WITH HATS calendar. Preemptive thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Pusscat posted:

So pleased it all arrived and that you liked it. I know it was a bit of a random mix! The calendar was too perfect (thanks to my sister goon Hemlock for introducing me to the wonder that is 'birds in hats') so I'm really delighted you liked it.

My own Father Christmas come through marvellously and I will be posting a proper write up with photos at the weekend, but a massive thank you will have to do in the meantime!

Sorry it took so long to get somewhere I could post the photos, but here they are:

Traditional SASSmas art on the packaging

And the haul, sent by Pusscat-

-Birds in Hats calendar (!!! this is my favourite, and I'll be keeping the images after the calendar is used)
-Birds and the Bees tea towel (also favourite)
-A VERY SOFT stuffed mole
-A mini reindeer keyring
-A knitted rainbow pterodactyl (?)
-Little set of paint brushes
-A papercraft bird ornament to hang
-A bird toy
-A BEES OF KEW GARDENS postcard
-A print of some pigeon artwork (another favourite)
-A coaster
-A bunch of cool and interesting postcards

Thanks again Pusscat!!

scott zoloft posted:

gave my santee some 3ds flash card stuff and he ain't say poo poo

man gently caress that guy (and all the other lovely Santees/Santas)

• Locked thread