Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
It's the mooooosssttt wonderful tiiiiime of the yeaaaarrrrrr.

I'm flat broke due to RECLAIMING THE UK'S SOVEREIGNTY :bahgawd: totally loving over our currency right before a winter holiday so I was close to not participating this year, but the spirit of SASSmas is too great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Just noticed that I haven't posted an about-me yet!

30 year old male dweeb (31 come Christmas time) recovering anime fan. I don't watch anything any more but I still really like a lot of Japanese pop culture aesthetics. On that note, I'll be out of the country from the 23rd Dec until 23rd Jan in Japan of all places - so sadly I won't be able to wait until Christmas Day to open your presents!

I don't get to play video games as much as I used to but still try to make some time here and there - trying to get through my Steam back catalogue at the moment. I also very occasionally play D&D with friends, mostly on roll20 rather than in -person lately.

Closing-wise, I vary between a Small and Medium t-shirt in UK sizes, depending on the fit of the shirt and how much snacking I've been doing that month. Not really into pop/nerd-culture t-shirts, I think I have about 10 different shops all blocked on Facebook since apparently my friends love sharing every last one of them!

Currently working in graphic design at a lawnmower sales shop, despite having literally zero interest in gardening or lawnmowers.

I've two huskies - Oscar and Sabrina, brother and sister. Their mother sadly passed away this year (P.S. Santa from last year, thank you again for the doggie stuff!)

Not a huge drinker, I tend to like stuff that's more sweet and doesn't taste much like alcohol - Rekorderlig, Kopparberg, even stuff like WKD. Pleasant taste trumps credibility!

I listen to way too many podcasts. A few top favourites are Giant Bomb's Bombcast, The Adventure Zone and Dumb White Guy w/ Brendon Burns.

I'd link to my Amazon wishlist but everything on there is way too expensive and wouldn't be fair!

Though basically, ignore everything I've written above and go for anything you think is coolsies!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
ohmygodohmygodohmygod, I have my assignment!

Time to start the e-stalking.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I feel like a total slacker now as I'm still waiting for my Santee's gifts to arrive so I can wrap them up, but I'VE ALREADY RECEIVED A PACKAGE FROM SANTA!

I haven't opened it yet, I'm super torn between waiting until nearer to Christmas or ripping it open now and posting pics.

edit: I'm gonna wait until my last weekend before Christmas (I won't be in the country for Christmas itself) and open it then. :) TOO EXCITED!

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 7, 2016

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Everything finally arrived for my Santee so I'm gonna get everything wrapped up and shipped out either on Monday or Thursday, in time for Christmas!
Still super excited to open my Santa's gifts this weekend, the package has been sitting in my room, taunting me.

Non Serviam posted:

I haven't heard from my Santa, although I messaged him. I guess I'm getting screwed this year too :sadwave:
Some Santas are totally quiet and will send gifts without sending messages. I hope you don't get deadbeated and, worst case scenario, get picked up in the re-SASS!

edit: Santee you're getting stuff.

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 11, 2016

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Viruswithshoes posted:

I never wrap anything, because lol, who can be hosed doing all that. Also, it adds weight to the overall package - I'd rather spend the money on gifts
Just how heavy is your wrapping paper?!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

ChesterJT posted:

But how else would you get the message?
They could think that the cryptic email actually was the message. I think I was guilty of that in my first year, before logging in just to be certain.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Big haul from Santa this year! Reading things! Eating things! Music things!

From your card it sounds like you got deadbeated last year, I hope this year you get some goodies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Doubtful Guest posted:

Santa is really real!
Glad you enjoyed your stuff! Second year in a row being assigned to you so I didn't want to repeat myself.

• Locked thread