Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
cross posting this because

ded posted:

Sorry to break up awesome AV chat, but I have something important to discuss with you.

Do you ever ask yourself "hey, if the local state assembly person was to call me, what would I say to them?" No? Well you should! I got called by mine today. I answered the phone only because it came up as the same city my gf works in and thought she might be calling from her work. When the lady asked me if I was REDACTEDded I was like oh boy a political call... then she said who she was. My actual drat rep.

She asked me If I was going to vote tomorrow and if I had any questions for her. I had none because geez normally I just tell political calls 'no thanks'. I wish I had remembered she was a republican so I could have asked her what she thinks of the great orange.

This is her https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharine_Baker

After looking at the voting results I can see why she is doing personal calls. drat few people voted last time. Only a total of 86k for primary and 138k for general.

Republicans have 28 of the 80 seats, she does not want to give up her 95k salary.

edit : also the reason she won last time was 3 democrats ran against her. This time it's only 1.

ded fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've been lazy and have not looked over my local items yet. One of them is to increase cigarette tax by 2 dollars per pack. On one hand this sounds loving great because gently caress smokers, but on the other I bet it will lead to poo poo like cigarette smuggling like on the east coast.

edit : oh god the condom law is up again

ded fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 8, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh what the gently caress. Background check for AMMO sales?? Some of this stuff on my ballot is dumb as hell.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MazelTovCocktail posted:

California.txt

Pretty much. On the other hand 2 things for the death penalty are up. One to remove the death penalty and commute all sentences to life in prison without parole, and the other to do really dumb poo poo like make lawyers who don't handle death penalty cases have to take them.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pesticide20 posted:

Where the hell is that at? I'm fairly pro-gun control but that's just dumb as hell

CA prop 63

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You're reminding me how many people in this state will not know anything about the props before going to the polls. :cripes:

Pft I'm lazy but I do read the stuff. I will be voting in a few hours. There is a lot of dumb crap that is a pretty easy NO on this ballot.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I picked a good time to vote. Polls opened 1 1/2 hours ago. I had zero wait. There was 3 machines up that were scanning ballots, I was voter 174 for my machine. Lot of people voting today.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

i'm thinking of just threadshitting until midnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8yqWU0UzeY

how does that differ from the norm?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have a bad feeling the 'background check for ammo purchases" will get passed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

i'm making GBS threads directly into your mouth this time

You know a lot of people pay good money for that. And we get it here for free! :smug:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Suicide Watch posted:

I had a Nacho Cheese Doritos Loco taco and its resemblance to Trump is uncanny
Here's a picture for reference

:barf:

It's only 4:24, I feel like it's too early to drink but I want to be ready.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My city governor had zero people running against. Vote for them or write in was the only option.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
when trump wins i'm going to be a smug motherfucker when i tell everyone we loving deserved it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Cigs now cost $2 more per pack
Ammo now needs a background check
Death penalty stays
Plastic bags are haram
Bareback sex is ok to be filmed
Pot is legal over 21
Property tax is going up again for at least 48 more years for more bart crap

California

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Some good stuff in the trump.jpg gbs thread.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I would like to sum up the election with this ;

Thanks Obama.

• Locked thread