Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Der Eisen-Reise

It would seem that business plans were put on hold until a more proper plan was established. Unfortunately, said plans were also being interrupted by a bunch of self-entitled sellswords. Things are likely to escalate into either attempts at humiliating the proprietor, extorting them, or a fight. Der Eisen-Reise aims to make the latter a less-viable option. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. They step on over, step by step, and then put what looks to be a reassuring gauntlet-wearing hand on Herr Krug's shoulder as their gaze meets the Ces Macabres.

"...Problem?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
As you near the table, Ces Macabres go quiet. You can see, in his eyes, both of which squinting to get a sharp look at you, how he takes account of you, looking up and down from his position. He opens his mouth.
Mercenary:"And who are you? Some noble prick?"
At the same time, you notice a shift in Ces Macabres and the redhaired-woman touch his arm and whispering something in his ear.
It takes but a moment for him to relent.
Mercenary:"Naaa, my apologies. Just wanted to complain about the quality of the drinks to the inn keeper. "
As he says so, he takes the small bronze cup standing on the table, taking time to savor you following his action, as he slowly pours it onto the floor in front of your feet.
You can feel Herr Krug shiver under your metal gloves.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Taeral steps over to Der Eisen-Reise "No, that would be me. Taeral Gengwyn of the Aen Bith. I'd say it was a pleasure to meet you, but unfortunately you seem to be living up to your reputation already. Since you apparently do not appreciate the beverages our generous host here has provided, how about you take your things and leave before you make things worse for yourselves somehow?" He says

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Crow

He stands up and walks to the table with the mercenaries. When he gets to the table, he doesn't bother to speak. Instead he walks around the table taking in each of the soldiers for hire. He moves slowly giving the men plenty of time to see the dead man walking around. Crow then stops across from where Taeral stands behind the mercenaries sitting at the table.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
As your number increases, so too does the anxiousness you can feel in the air, and see in the mercenaries.

Der Eisen-Riese,Crow posted:

You can see them being on edge. Even if hidden on their clothes, several of them openly have their hands ready to draw at any moment, and their leader, the hooded one, slowly wandering with his left towards his belt, where you spot a pistol sitting, mostly loaded for "self-defense". Though none of them do draw. Yet.
Mercenary:"I can see the kind of people this establishment (he spits the word) attracts. Well, we were about to leave any way."
Several of the members of Ces Macabres make ready to stand up, but clearly awaiting a possible reaction. It seems, this might turn into a standoff fast.
Mercenary:"Unless someone wishes to stoop to dishonorable actions..."
He trails off, leaving his intentions both vague and clear at the same moment.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

Hearing the question, Crow steps back from the mercenaries and the table. He wanted to give them plenty of room to get up and to leave. Even as he waits to see what happens, he rests his hand on his sword.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Ricard

"Listen, there's no reason things need to escalate... inside." Rugged gestures to the bar. "If you'd like, maybe we can continue our conversation out in the alley? Maybe just you and I?"

Ricard nods at the leader. "What say, man? Figure you're at least partly good with a blade if you've survived this long with that tongue. Maybe after I've chopped a few important bits off, your woman will take up with me instead!" His laugh is loud, but rings false, and his eyes never leave the hand of the lead mercenary.

Less talk, more action. Either I intimidate this dude, adding to that of my armor buddy, or I get to stab that fucker in the heart

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Almost all of you are now standing at, or around the table of Ces Macabres, as they are slowly rising to stand, and possibly leave the inn.

You all notice how the speaker of the group, the hooded one, eyes Ricard warily, with his words as psychotic as possible, no one seems inclined to laugh or challenge.
They finally stand up, and leave, though you can see each of them warily giving you "the eye" before going. You´ve made a mark now.

Meanwhile, Herr Krug seems to visibly falter and slowly walks over to the bar, where he pours a cup of schnaps for himself, which he downs in a single gulp.
Even then, he turns around and eyes your group with anxiousness.

You´ve proven your ability to intimidate, possibly even control the moment.

An eerie quiet descend upon the common room with Ces Macabres having left.
The scribes apprentices have long since stopped their squabble and shut up fast, as they are watching you and the room in general, while you notice that former Captain Liebling doesn´t snore anymore.

Into the quiet you now hear the clanking of tankards, and can see Leni bringing in several of them, filled to the brim, towards your table.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Taeral calls Nessus down to his shoulder. "Perhaps it would be a good idea to save those for this evening, herr Krug? We were about to leave when those troublemakers arrived."

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
As you speak to Herr Krug, he looks at you, a bit bewildered, with the small bronze cup in his hand, now empty, as he signals to Leni, who, crestfallen, retreats with the tankards towards the back of the inn.

Meanwhile, you notice the scribes picking up their squabble again, seemingly uninterrupted from the previous moments of tension, while Captain Liebling yawns and stretches himself, finally showing himself to be as awake as one might have guessed from his previous "behaviour".

Everyone, pelase post your next target or course of action, either as a group or a a single person, unless you wish to further discuss your plan or where to go to first.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Taeral is headed towards Herr von Winkelgasse to discuss the nature and pay for the job he requires help with. He'll give the others some time to gather their things and get ready to travel before leaving since he'd prefer to bring everyone along.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

Satisfied that the confrontation had been settled, he walked back to his chair. He then gathered up his belongings to ready himself to leave.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Arbengar

Arbengar returns from the back of the inn, now-mostly-empty tankard in hand. "Much appreciated, Leni!" he calls out behind him, before turning to the party. "I'm ready to leave at the earliest convenience."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Der Eisen-Reise

The titan intends to continue on his path of seeing what the watch needs doing, if only for the sake of them being the most likely to need something exterminated rather than absconded with, talked to, or bought out. Ensuring that they have all of their belongings, they speak up again.

"Checking with the watch...You may follow if you wish."

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Arbengar

"I think I'll join you, then. See if we can't help the city's situation a bit."

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
You leave the safety of the Lienauhaus Inn behind you, as your group wanders into the street, spreading out into different directions and places.
Even as you´ve stepped out into the street, you can see the Waller flow darkly nearby, effectively separating the city in two with the great River Bridge,
the Wallerlauf and the accompanying river harbor and docks for trade.

Even now, at this early hour, as the city is only waking up, you can see the misery that follows in its wake. Beggars roaming the streets in small gangs, willing to take on and out anyone that might travel by himself, while those wily enough to have hidden from any authority during the previous night, now crawl back into the open, illegal merchants selling their wares in the alleyways just out of view, and at the same time some of upstair windows open up as someone empties their night pot into the street.

Somewhere, in the distance, you can hear the cries of the Sammler, collectors of the dead and refuse, that will soon disappear into the less seen places below the surface, only daring to show their faces now, when no one would give a drat about it.

Der Eisen-Riese, Arbengar posted:

Roll for Random Encounter 3d6 (Urban) = 5,5,4 > No Encounter
You path takes you along the City Armory, the great and imposing Templer Zeughaus, a great and imposing tower by itself, filled to the brim with gunpowder, cannons, guns, pikes and other such armaments, though it is currently all locked away with lock and chain as even the entrance doors are locked with some entrance leaflet and the Richter Guilds seals. You notice a few early burghers braving the early hour to meditate and pray near the entrance door, though to what they pray to, escapes you, as there seems to be no shrine or any sign of sort. Then again, the tongue they speak is is not cordian either, so who knows.

Along your path, you also cross into the famed Tempel Street, that at one point or another may have given this city its name. Roaming up to three stories high, you see small shrines, temples and congregations of all sorts of beliefs, from a small but well nourished tree for some exiled wildemen shamans to the Suprematii Church, the different temples of the Mannusan pantheon, from Eris, Tethys, their sister-daughers, to Leho, Agathis and Yerv´Edhaz , as well as a School of Philosophy of Lian, opened quite recently, or so it seems, with strange symbols and signs on the doors inviting travellers to enter and enjoy some tea. Even at this early an hour, where you can see the sun rise barely risen yet above the walls and feel the last of the cold mists retreat, and hear the Suprematii call for prayer as you see some latecomers run into their small church as fast as they can, with the black-robed Suprematii Church Guard standing silently at the entrance, their eyes constantly scanning both crows and travellers for signs of trouble.

But your way goes even further, even beyond Tempelstreet, where you notice that, under a small bow, you must enter what accounts to a small tunnel through which you come to the city outskirts. Clearly not where it originally belong, the building couched into the edge of the city wall that now accounts for what remains of the city watch, with the city sigil hung over the front door, even that already crooked, and with several small groups of armed men in dirty tabards sitting uselessly in what amounts to a pitiful yard in front of the building, is but a distant memory of what you would expect from the city watch of a City of the Realm. You do notice two lone figures though, on a path towards an alley off the side, two richters, rough fellows, decked out in leather and clearly with zweihanders at their back, eyeing you and the whole yard.

How do you wish to proceed?

Crow, Taeral posted:

Roll for Random Encounter 3d6 (Urban) = 6,4,3 > Encounter
Taking another path than Der Eisen-Riese and Arbengar, you follow the river from the Inn towards the Wallerlauf, where you wish to cross the great river towards the other, nobler side of the city. Even this far apart, you can see that some sort of commotion seems to have taken place at the bridge, and as you come closer, you can see that at its centre, where the walk extends into the River Harbor and Docks, a small ship has anchored, and a group of seven Richters is currently busy stopping people from wandering over and through. Already, the throng of people seems rowdy and increasingly nasty, even if you only see merchants, servants and dregs collecting at the space. The Richters seem on edge, and you can see that some of the people that might have tried breaking through their barricade, already sit with a broken nose at the side, while a few of the fishermen loudly protest against being held for the danger of their catch spoiling.

Your path would take you over the Wallerlauf, next to the Stadthalle, City Hall, which remains visible in the distance, an imposing, if somewhat bureaucratic building of cold, hard stone, where you would continue to press on into the Handler Plaza, where the Plaza House stands, that you wish to arrive at, but towards which your way, as it is now, seems sealed.

It seems, for one reason or another, they stop all who wish to pass the Wallerlauf, and you can hear the words plague ship, danger, illness, tyranny, oppression and flame aplenty in the air around you. The ship, that you can see currently, lonesome as it is, anchoring at the Waller Harbor not far from here, as you can see, is hoisting a yellow and black flag.

Taeral, as you feel Nessus on your shoulder, you hear Aaron whisper to you from the side.
Aaron: "A plague ship, sir. It does us no good to to remain as long as it remains unburnt."
A harumphf from behind reminds you of Suraj, who, dilligently, follows you wherever you go.

How do you wish to proceed?

Ricard, all the while, unsure which way to follow, was kept in a quantum state and his position would only be later on determined, once someone deigned to look in on him, or he out.

Mr.Misfit fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 18, 2016

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

"This doesn't look good." Crow tells Taeral. "I don't think they'll take too kindly to me. Unless I was in the employ of someone important. Do you think you can get us by these Richters?"

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

"Hmmm... I might have a plan to try. Think you can get us through this crowd over to the Richters? I can try to help them calm and disperse this crowd to start with, because a riot followed by a plague outbreak might make this city rather less pleasant to live in." Taeral says to Crow before turning to Suraj "I don't believe I'll need you around for this, best if you stay back. I'll send Nessus to get you if it's clear but if this crowd doesn't clear out just head back to the tavern."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

"As long as the crowd doesn't panic, I should be able to get you through it." Crow then begins to advance into the crowd. He moves into the crowd ready to push people out of his way, but hoping his undeath status will prompt people to move to move away.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Remember: Taeral and Crow are still on the Western Side of the Wallerlauf, the great River Bridge spanning the river and dividing the city of Tempelstadt.

As per Taerals Instructions, Suraj retreatS to the back, and awaits that need his master should..nay might portray, to fulfill and serve. For the first few seconds. Then he takes a closer look at some of the wenches currently on this side of the Wallerlauf.

Crows advance into and through the crowd is met with stiff resistance at first, many complain and not a few look at him with a deep-seated, unfulfilled anger in their eyes, but flinch away from the darkened eye sockets, once they realize his nature. You can even see some recoil in disgust.

Quickly, the murmur spreads. Revenant Revenant Revenant
The agitation does so too, and some do give Crow way to move further through the crowd to the line of Richters blocking the bridge, others seem deeply offended by his presence, and already he can see two people violent types, rubbing their Suprematii sign, the a stylized cross reshaped into a quasi-ascending human-form, and flashing daggers from their waistcoats.

But all the while, you can all hear a whisper start from the side of the bridge towards the docks. Plague. Plague. Plague!

And just as Crow is within view of the Richters that keep the way, someone shouts, points to the small ship, the lone figure exiting it, what seems a hunched man at first, reveals itself to be one of the richters, most likely from taking a look deeper into the vessel, wearing a big and bloodied coat of white and a small piece of cloth in front of his mouth, and that someone shouts "It carries the Red Death! See, he slew all for it carries Damnation! Save Yourself!" while pushing himself through, even deeper into the crowd.

Immediately you notice pockets of violence opening up in the crowd, screams and terror alight, and the Richters put their hands to their weapons, though none draw as of yet.

Mr.Misfit fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 21, 2016

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

Careful not to start any trouble, Crow has to occasionally stop to avoid being drawn into conflict. When the people begin to stare at the lone figure exiting the ship, Crow looks over at the person to try to figure out what is afflicting the person.

Using Lore Lore: 2d6 +3* (Not sure if you roll or I do) to figure out whats wrong with the person.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Der Eisen-Reise

The armor mass steps into the tiny building, not afraid of the Richter presence, even if they are wielding serious weapons. Striding on inside, they put on a quiet but completely serious tone as they inquire within.

"...You folks look bored. Let's change that. If you'd point me at anything that the...'provisional forces' have done nothing about, my steel will decimate it, on your behalf."

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Der Eisen-Riese posted:

Walking among the small groups outside of the building, through the outer courtyard, seeing the former city watchmen close up makes them out to be more akin to ragged bandits than a powerful city guard, with nary a man even fully armed or carrying any sort of cuirass as you would expect a watchmen to have.

As you step inside, you can see the decay looming everywhere. Cold, naked stone, wet at several places where the stone itself has begun to break apart, some parts already glossed over with moss, others thick with dark and rusty-seeming spots, with much of the wooden interior in an advanced state of decomposition.
Behind a central, of slowly crumbling reception desk, you spot another watchmen, a young, unshaven man with what appears to be some sort of rank insignia (Lore 8 to recognize).

As if to answer your words, the young watchmen slowly walks around the desk, offering you a curt greeting, while you feel others entering behind you, as you´ve gathered their attention without fail, if for no other reason that you are something different, new and exciting that happens.

The young watchmen, introducing himself as Robert Sesselrink, speaks up.
Sesselrink "Easy for you to say, stranger. [You can see him look Der Eisen-Riese up and down]. But in any case, if your offer is sincere, be welcomed to the Tempelstadt City Watch. [As he says so, he widens his arms, as if to encompass the whole of the building, its people and everything around it, though you hear some small laughter among the former watchmen]. I apologize for the circumstances you find us in, but you caught us at a bad time."

Lowering his voice quite a bit, though not so much that you would need to strain yourself to hear him, he continues in a jovial manner.
Sesselrink: "If you wish to wet your blade, why don´t you start by eliminating the Schimmelmannen and their leader Kleiner Jan? A gang of thieves, murderers, cuthroats and extortionists, that keep the Red Light District in their tight grip, in more ways than one, draining money from city coffers and its peoples alike.

He looks at you both.
(Insight 9 to check general mood)
What do you do?

Perception 9 to check on the Richters throughout the scene
Lore 9 for anything noteworthy about the Tempelstadt City Watch, Lore 13 for for specifics
Other possible rolls or information as per discussion.

Crow posted:

Crow Lore Roll 2d6+3 = 13 > Success against Difficulty 9 (Apologies, should have set a difficulty before hand)
You note that it seems to be just another Richter by the way the person moves, though you note that s/he (you cannot clearly discern a gender) would carry the risk of infection far and wide, especially as blood-splattered as they are. You recall at least two truly dangerous illnesses that are supposedly carried with blood. Both the Red Death, as well as the Wilde Anger, though from your point of view, you cannot say if that person is infected yet. At least it doesn´t seem as if they are angry right now, for a Richter under Wilde Anger might be a terrifying prospect at any time.

Perception 9 for anything noticeable about the crowd
Perception 11 for anything noticeable about the Richters
Insight 7 to read the current crowds mood
Lore 7 for common knowledge about diseases
Lore 11 for specifics for either of those two
Other possible rolls or information as per discussion.

Mr.Misfit fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 27, 2016

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral
Rolled Perception, 12
Rolled Insight, 9

Taeral glances around at the crowd to get a feel for the situation and spares a few glances towards the Richters in the midst of it. He begins to try to calm those around him down, hoping to disperse the crowd or at least prevent a full blown riot from developing.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Arbengar

While Der Eisen-Riese handles the talking, Arbengar will peek out to see what the Richters are up to. He has some passing knowledge of the town guard in general, and just enough insight to get the general mood of the speaker.

That's a 12 Per, an 11 Lore, and (somehow) a 9 Insight

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Taeral of the Aen Bith posted:

There are a few important details you can quickly note. First, the panic is growing and all it needs is a single blaze, a glimmer of flame, to incense the people, and it seems there might be some firestarters in the crowd. Either way, your eye for these things tells you to either single out these individuals (a brown-haired well-rounded baker, a blonde, young armed human, possibly a mercenary, and an aged buergher of undefinitive occupation) and put them down quickly, or somehow restore a semblance of control.

The Richters have drawn their swords, and you can see the tension that thickens the air between them and the closest buerghers trying to get through their blockade.
Already one of them has bloodied yet another nose and threatens a merchant, at least so it seems from your point of view, not to advance further...

As you begin speaking to those around you, with your air of solemn resolve, especially some of the more riotous types seem to listen, but it would take a powerful voice to stop this dead in its tracks.

Arbengar, Riot Physician posted:

You realize that he is hiding something from you, and that his behaviour seems played up, as if forced somehow, though the realization strikes you as odd as his behaviour.

Furthermore, you remember that the Tempelstadt Town Watch in the past has been both been infamous for its commanders, many of whom were said to be corrupt and less than able, and famous for at least some deeds, many of which are not because of, but in spite of their commanding officers, as during the War of Exhaustion, when the city was under siege by Suprematii forces in a betrayal of alliances, it was them that held the walls and morale high despite all signs pointing towards a quick and gruesome end. The saying "Templer Essen" (Templer Meal) describing someone forced to eat his very own boots or something equally bad is one of the things coming out of that.

Finally, a quick peek out shows you that one of the Richters is currently on his way out along the same way you came in, through the small tunnel towards the Templer Zeughaus, while the other is leaning on the edge of the alley and, possibly noticing your stare, glares in your general direction, shaking his head ever so slightly as if to indicate a no or whichever meaning he might have assigned to that.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

"Crow right? We have to take out the ones starting this poo poo. You take that one, I'll take the old guy and we can gang up on the mercenary type." Taeral says to Crow, keeping his voice down so the troublemakers can't hear and pointing out the targets to Crow.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Der Eisen-Reise

"I see. So even within the walls, there's problems plaguing this town that they aren't answering...Before I show them some steel, just one question: assuming I do this in broad daylight, as I intend to do, would ending these wretches constitute a crime? If so, will there be any aid on that front from you or those who you know?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

"Got it." Crow whispers. He then moves to a spot out of sight of the young man. After finding the blind spot of the young man, he quickly moves up to the young man as quietly as he can hoping that the chaos of the crowd would provide cover for him to make his move on the man.

Moving up to the young man, but not attacking yet, just getting into position.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Seeing Crow head for his target, Taeral turns and heads for the aged buergher. Stepping up to him with his quarterstaff he clears his throat and says "Excuse me, who exactly told you to come here and cause a riot? Do you have any idea what will happen if this turns into a larger fight? Leave now."

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

quote:

Meanwhile on the Wallerlauf
Crow Stealth vs 7 = 5,4 +4 = 13, Success
As Crow moves into position using the blind spot he saw earlier, using the crowd to cover his moves,
he finds that the crowd itself has begun to become in part like a wild animal, a herd of simple and frightened beast that might lash out at any moment.

Stepping up, immediately draws his attention towards Taeral, his words poised as if ready to strike like a viper at his target.
Buergher "Outsider. This is not your place. Leave, if you wish to survive today."

quote:

At the same time, at the City Watch
As if to answer your question, the lieutenant stares at you in disbelief, his mouth agape, only to realize how he must look and then setting out to answer.
Sesselrink "I can assure you, any man working on behalf of the city watch can act in no capacity as a criminal, unless prosecuted by the city authorities. Of which you will find none reliable or even working, with...their interference."
Afterwards, he once again goes low in volume, as if talking to you of conspirative things.
Sesselrink "Though I have no further help to offer, I can at least point you towards these misdeeds, even if we ourselves are unable to change them at the moment. You might have noticed, that we, unlike yourselves, surely, are under watch. Any move we make will most likely be answered."

Mr.Misfit fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 29, 2016

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

Moving up on the young man quickly, he draws his dagger out and stands behind the man.

"Dangerous to be out on the streets today."

Crow brings his dagger up and presses it into the young man's back.

"Don't turn around or move. Stay where you are and I won't hurt you."

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Taeral replies "Wrong answer." to the Buergher's veiled threat, bringing his quarterstaff around to hit the man as he does so.

Rolled Sidhe Autumn for attack, got 16

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Crow posted:

The man, now as friendly as any man would be with a dagger in his back,
slowly raises his hands up to his upper body, both of them empty.

You can hear him whisper, despite all those around you.
"Easy there. Wouldn´t want anyone to overreact now, would we."

Crow Perception Roll vs 11 -> 2d6+4=6+6(+1)+4=17 O_O[

Following the path he´s gazing, you note that two of the Richters holding back the crowd at the cordon,
stare intensively in your direction. Are they watching what you do?

Taeral posted:

Buergher Defense Roll vs 16 -> 2d6+2 = 4+4+2 = 10; 3+1(Deadliness) damage, he´s hurt.

In one fluid movement, faster than any eye can follow, you whack him good over the head, and the splitting sound and the blood that spurts from his head wound immediately spurt over everyone. It becomes quickly obvious that he, going down with such a wound, won´t be getting up any time soon. The people around you eye you with caution, fear and dread.

Below, you can hear the quivering pile of flesh that is the screaming buergher, who by now seems to have realized the extent of his wound.

Your sudden action seems to have quelled the danger somewhat, but you can now see that the biggest of those three fellows, the young blonde mercenary type, his face contorted with anger, and you hear the sound of a metal blade being drawn from its sheath, as you see the sword drawn by his hand, as he attempts to transfix Taeral by sight alone.

"You see what happens when just rule disappears! Their kind comes into our cities and hurts good men, true men! No more!"
He charges at Taeral, which becomes a haphazardly attempt with those still standing in his way, some of which try to jump away, while others are simply pushed aside by his charge.

Mercenary Charge; Attack Roll -> 2d6+3=1+3+3=7[

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Taeral turns to face his new attacker as he begins to shout, calmly looks the man in the eye and at the last possible moment before being skewered upon the mercenary's sword, spins aside letting the man's blade touch gently across his back and bringing his staff around to the now unprotected mercenary's back hard. "These men seek to cause a bloodbath here, to weaken the Richters. I and my kind would not interfere were it not for the plague that you would surely spread if you were to riot here. Go home, let the Richters do their work and protect you all from this disease."

Dodge 13
Riposte, attack for 18.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

When came upon the man, he made sure that neither the man nor the Richters would see what he had planned.

"Overreact like your friend over there? Bad move on his part. As for you, I hope you have more sense than to start any trouble. It wouldn't go well for you."

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
With a loud THUMB, Taerals staff hits the young mercenaries back and, despite the thick leather, strikes true enough, to throw the man to the ground, barely able to lift himself up, groaning meekly. His sword has since fallen from his hands and seems to have vanished between the feet of several onlookers.

Around the two of you, several man have started a small kerfluffle, seemingly taking your actions in full swing as a sign to riot,
only to find that little occurs from it, as the main instigators of a possible riot are down, beaten or stifled by your hands.
Even worse for such an undertaking, several of the onlookers, those seeming local, already started leaving,
with one especially who seems to have hopped onto a boat moored a short distance downstream with its boatman now taking him to the other side instead.

At the same time, the man in front of Crow continues to gaze towards the Richters, of whom you can see those two, staring in your general direction now begin to move.
As you saw before, they have their weapons out, and you can see the trained moves with which they will wield those zweihanders, should they decide to use them.

The one to the left, a somewhat bony and dirty looking guy with a haggard beard and little in the way of hair except on the backside, while the one to the right,
clearly of cordian descent with his dark, northern skin and the thick black hair, stoops somewhat dancingly in your general direction, brandishing his zweihander as well.
The cordian then cups one hand to his mouth, shouting, with an enormous volume into the crowd.
Richter: TO THOSE LEFT, GO HOME! THE OTHERS WILL CEASE THEIR ACTIONS AT ONCE. YOU WILL BE QUESTIONED, DON´T RESIST!

Crows hostage sniggers. "Tried to warn you. Not my beef now."

What do you do?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Crow

"You get to live another day." Crow says as he puts his dagger away. "Lucky you."

Crow then steps back away from his former hostage and waited for the Richters to approach him.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Taeral

Taeral awaits the richter's approach, introducing himself once they get close enough to hear him without shouting. "I am Taeral Gengwyn of the Aen Bith. Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting today?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
The two Richters quickly close the distance to something of a midpoint between you two,
while the crowd slowly disperses all around, with the instigators easily dispatched or taken care of by your collective hands.

: None o´your business
: Easy, Brother... I´m Ostholonius, he´s Dreyer.
: You´ve done us both boon and bane with your actions, Taeral Gengwyn of the Aen Bith, and I´m sure you can guess why.
: Not that there´d be any need to. Should arrest both´o´em.

The one who has introduced himself as Ostholonius looks at you, and nods, though you can´t quite pin whether in reaction to Dreyers words or as if to confirm his own thoughts.

: We didn´t need your help, certainly not against such rabble, but no Richter turns away what is offered so freely.
: You up to more of that no-good attitude, threaten and hurtin` men?
: Whatever your reasons though, the danger has passed. You may better be on your way, unless there is something you wish to bring up?

Ostholonius let eyebrow rises as he asks.

• Locked thread