Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1035 »
Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

fruit on the bottom posted:

They have GOG.com. Even though it's not nearly as big as Steam I'm sure it helps when you have your own delivery platform.

And the fact that they are THE gaming company in Poland certainly helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism.

Diversity
is Disunity
is Weakness.

I got this avatar for being a giant shithead on ANZAC day.

Kotor2 was an ambitious mess and while it was fun and good, lol at everyone trying to defend it by pointing out the fan patch that came out a decade later to finish the game.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a critically underrated timeless classic with an amazing plot, extensive base building and dozens of worlds to explore along with 600 hours of dialogue. Uh, that's with a 500 GB fan patch though.

-Someone in 20 years time on this forum, maybe

A Buff Gay Dude
Aug 21, 2016

DancingShade posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda is a critically underrated timeless classic with an amazing plot, extensive base building and dozens of worlds to explore along with 600 hours of dialogue. Uh, that's with a 500 GB fan patch though.

lol this is such a bad post

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

They have GOG.com. Even though it's not nearly as big as Steam I'm sure it helps when you have your own delivery platform.

Gog.com is (unfortunately) chump change for them. They're a large games distributer and publisher in Eastern/Central Europe. Although their dev work probably eclipses that business at this point.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism.

Diversity
is Disunity
is Weakness.

I got this avatar for being a giant shithead on ANZAC day.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol this is such a bad post

Once you imagine all the hissy fit mod author drama and infighting during such an endeavour you'll see the value in it.
(not to play the game obviously gawd)

Oh wait this is Frostbite isn't it? Guess it's going to suck for all time then

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

The story of video games has proven time and time over that just because an engine isn't opened for modding doesn't mean you can't mod it. There are mods for DAO, for instance, or XCOM1 or KotOR2 we literally just talked about. Some people are shitposting a bit itt.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new wallpaper tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

CD Projeckt making Alpha Protocol 2 would be the best.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

We should all be so lucky

witcher 3 is pretty cool IMO

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

hard counter posted:

i've read neither the novel nor played kotor 2 but if kotor 2 was such a drastic thematic 'from my point of view the jedi are evil' shift then other materials retconning it makes sense, especially if bioware was left to try and make something coherent out of a project that had a different outsider vision from their own

In KoToR2, they didn't make the Jedi evil or the Sith good, they just acknowledged you can commit atrocities in the name of the greater good or commit acts of evil for all the right reasons, basically adding a small element of grey to the otherwise black and white universe of Star Wars.

fruit on the bottom
Oct 15, 2012

It's simple, we kill the Force.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Furism posted:

The story of video games has proven time and time over that just because an engine isn't opened for modding doesn't mean you can't mod it. There are mods for DAO, for instance, or XCOM1 or KotOR2 we literally just talked about. Some people are shitposting a bit itt.

Frostbite is a special case of hell. That being said, you also need a dedicated super-nerd to fix everything that's wrong without making things worse.
See: the Unofficial Patch for Bloodlines.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

Could be. Who knows?

Back Hack posted:

In KoToR2, they didn't make the Jedi evil or the Sith good, they just acknowledged you can commit atrocities in the name of the greater good or commit acts of evil for all the right reasons, basically adding a small element of grey to the otherwise black and white universe of Star Wars.

Stop it. You're being reasonable.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Alchenar posted:

CD Projeckt making Alpha Protocol 2 would be the best.

A dialogue driven spy rpg is such a cool idea.

I still like Alpha protocol

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Eastbound Spider posted:

I'd suggest Tell Tale but then you'd have "Conrad will remember that " and then he'd die in the next scene no matter what.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

I wonder how the Mass Effect Series being on hold will affect that movie that they mentioned years ago and hoped everyone would forget they announced

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

it's my understanding that splitting the rights on comic book movies led to legendary and warner studios parting ways in 2013 and mass effect was going to be a joint venture between them due to the way the production/distribution rights were optioned between them, it's been stuck in development hell since 2008 and seems to be dead in the water since the one film those studios are doing together isn't a mass effect

fans still holding out for a movie were literally counting on andromeda to revive interest and prove the franchise's marketability

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me."

Well at least we can all thank Andromeda for also killing the Mass Effect movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fruit on the bottom
Oct 15, 2012

Eastbound Spider posted:

Remember what I said before about Obsidian being the most inconsistent dev? Alpha Protocol is the perfect example. The things that work really work; I don't think I've seen a game since that is as reactive from a narrative standpoint.

On the other hand, the things that don't work… really don't work, and so a lot of the really neat stuff is buried in a game that a lot of people didn't bother playing through to find.

«1035 »