Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
The only reason multiplayer was in 3 was because FIFA Ultimate Team showed what lootboxs could do in a full priced AAA game. Mass Effect 3's multiplayer development and updates were fully funded by lootboxes. And in the 8 years since Mass Effect 3 EA has been increasing better at selling lootboxes. By design any new multiplayer will be far less generous than Mass Effect 3, like 5-10 times less generous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
I miss playing discern the pubby where you'd check their specs and see if they took the talent that made things worse for the paladin freeze ray when the tool tip said the opposite

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ME3 MP had some fun glitches, like for example the bug to one evolution of Shockwave that would cause it to stop working after Wave 6. And of course who could forget the Vanguard Rapture bug that plagued the first several months of the game.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Rinkles posted:

btw the rumor was that there'd be no me3 mp

Of course there won't be, that would require effort. Bioware doesn't do 'effort' anymore.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Watch the remaster just be slightly better textures and higher poly count models

But also they'll break a ton of poo poo

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My best memory of ME3 MP was playing a session with my friends, and I was a krogan specced for melee. Phantom was going for one of my sniper friends so I hit the heavy melee and sent the phantom flying all the way across the map where it landed next to my other sniper friend on the other side of the map.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Cythereal posted:

My best memory of ME3 MP was playing a session with my friends, and I was a krogan specced for melee. Phantom was going for one of my sniper friends so I hit the heavy melee and sent the phantom flying all the way across the map where it landed next to my other sniper friend on the other side of the map.

Me3mp is so loving good

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Things got really janky towards the end when they ran up against the limitations of patching and Bioware's desire to move on. One of the last DLC characters overrode your key binds to default and the devs basically went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Elotana posted:

Things got really janky towards the end when they ran up against the limitations of patching and Bioware's desire to move on. One of the last DLC characters overrode your key binds to default and the devs basically went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate how they leaned fully into fanservice by the end though

like oh, you wanna play as EDI? You wanna play as a Geth Juggernaut? go wild kid

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Moola posted:

Watch the remaster just be slightly better textures and higher poly count models

But also they'll break a ton of poo poo

If you can't do Mordin's and Samara's loyalty missions after killing them in the Suicide Mission there will be hell to pay. Also Miranda popping up in the end of Jacob's loyalty mission if you do it after the Suicide Mission and Miranda dies.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
it'll be something even dumber, like not being able to transfer your save across the remastered games and having to start over each game

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

moist turtleneck posted:

I miss playing discern the pubby where you'd check their specs and see if they took the talent that made things worse for the paladin freeze ray when the tool tip said the opposite

Anybody remember the dumbest pubbie you ever played with? I had a game with a sniping Krogan Warlord once.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

ME3 MP had some fun glitches, like for example the bug to one evolution of Shockwave that would cause it to stop working after Wave 6. And of course who could forget the Vanguard Rapture bug that plagued the first several months of the game.

Oh my God I forgot about that even though I was a victim of the rapture so many times

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

If there's no MP, they're not getting a dime from me.

Hell, they could JUST remake the multiplayer and they could get a solid $20 from me, no questions asked.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Relentless posted:

Hell, they could JUST remake the multiplayer and they could get a solid $20 from me, no questions asked.

not emptyquoting

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Relentless posted:

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Relentless posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Anybody remember the dumbest pubbie you ever played with? I had a game with a sniping Krogan Warlord once.
Me. I'm pretty bad at FPSes. I Charged right into a Banshee's instakill too many times to count.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Relentless posted:

I just want to be a polite Batarian with exploding murder gauntlets again. Is that so wrong?!?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Relentless posted:

Big :same:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Krogan headbutt moshpits between rounds were the loving best.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pops Mgee posted:

Krogan headbutt moshpits between rounds were the loving best.

HYAH bonk

HYAH bonk

RAAARHHH HAHA bonk

HYAH bonk

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
The best times was when your team said gently caress it to the lag and just risked going all vanguard for a few rounds.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The best ME3MP movement was coming back a few months after the game had been out / updates were almost done to find out the one dude in charge of preventing credit duping contract's had ended ( and he admitted as much ) so it was open season with cheat engine. Gave myself a billion credit and went to town getting and trying out all the classes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Halloween Jack posted:

Me. I'm pretty bad at FPSes. I Charged right into a Banshee's instakill too many times to count.

Thats called living dangerously

And the best jank was a mook getting thrown or pulled as you wound up a Batarian melee

ICE SKATING

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Thats called living dangerously

And the best jank was a mook getting thrown or pulled as you wound up a Batarian melee

ICE SKATING

equip the glove that gives any class batarian melee, then take a class with Throw and you can ice skate uphill alllllll day!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A meetup of the ME cast and devs this upcoming N7 day. Maybe they'll finally reveal the remaster?

https://twitter.com/Mark_Meer/status/1322253179195588608

(I was relieved to confirm Hale's not MAGA)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Rinkles posted:

A meetup of the ME cast and devs this upcoming N7 day. Maybe they'll finally reveal the remaster?

https://twitter.com/Mark_Meer/status/1322253179195588608

(I was relieved to confirm Hale's not MAGA)

You clearly don't follow Hale on twitter...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You clearly don't follow Hale on twitter...

Her last dozen tweets and retweets are anti-Trump so what are you talking about

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Burkion posted:

Her last dozen tweets and retweets are anti-Trump so what are you talking about

Oh, I meant that it shouldn't have been surprising. She is extremely vocal with her vitriol against the US regime.

Her timeline is my point, basically: her being anti-MAGA needed no confirmation. :shrug:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Oh, I meant that it shouldn't have been surprising. She is extremely vocal with her vitriol against the US regime.

Her timeline is my point, basically: her being anti-MAGA needed no confirmation. :shrug:

Oh thank God

I read that the exact wrong way

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
...why was it in doubt?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm Commander Shepard and I fuckin hate CHUDS!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Moola posted:

I'm Commander Shepard and I fuckin hate CHUDS!

(punches Fox News-like-reporter in Shepard)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

(punches Fox News-like-reporter in Shepard)

someone shop Shepard into this

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1324760526673489920

Remastered, or Andromeda 2?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Andromeda 2 could be good, if they fixed literally everything the hosed up with Andromeda 1. They won't do this.

It will be remaster, with ME3MP stripped out lol, which removes the reason to play ME3.

OR it will be a combo pack of ME3Remaster and Andromeda, which nobody wants.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
ME4 as a prequel starring Saren and Anderson, you cowards! :argh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

the background looks like shepard's n7 helmet in profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Also those are clearly Reapers top right.