Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm going to gently caress the turians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dan Didio posted:

ME2 was viciously robbed at the Spike Video Game Awards.

I'm still mad about this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's clearly the best Bioware game ever, and is the best game in the series by virtually every metric except for Mass Effect 3 having more + cooler guns in it.

ME:A is going to be trash so I'm just going to buy it as a dating simulator.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the helmet thing was in the armor kiosk thing in your cabin in ME2 but I might be mistaken.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kibayasu posted:

Maybe it got it because it was Rockstar's one good game of the decade.

That was Max Payne 3

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Open world games are bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*Rides on a horse toward one of many icons on a map* this is loving awesome

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The possibilities are infinite. I can start a racing side quest in this town, or travel a few miles and start a racing side quest in the next town over. Game of the decade.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Have the fuckable Turians been confirmed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm doing the moves.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Moola posted:

i'm sexually attracted to the Normandy

Same, except for turians.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Error.
Max Payne 3 was a bad game.
Take everything that made the first two good, and then poo poo all over it:
-Monster closets every ten feet, you never know when you need to use your meds compared to the first one where it was room-by-room basis.
-Dialogue that stumbles all over itself and loses Max's noire monologues in return for lovely one liners and nothing else.
-Killing lots of faceless enemies that don't leave any impression on the world, the originals had news stories that detailed the murderous rampage Max was on.
-No real quirky characters or places aside from the football stadium.
-Haze effect that was overdone and headache inducing.

All of this is true and it's still clearly the best Rockstar game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's not as good as Max Payne 2 but Max Payne 2 may be the greatest game ever made so that's no shame. It's probably better than MP1 because it doesn't have the loving dream sequences

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DA2's's writing had potential (everything in DA2 "had potential") but christ, it sometimes came across as none of the writers knew that "mage" was actually a playable class.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everything in DA2 feels wrong. Just playing it gives you the distinct impression that something went badly off during development.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zzulu posted:

here's a question, how come a person spends 35 hours on a game they absolutely hate??

it's the return of my favorite Bethesda argument, "you can't say the game is bad because you played it a lot"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RPGs and strategy games are very prone to "why did you play it so long if you didn't like it" because strategy games can take a long time to evaluate, and because RPG makers have successfully convinced an entire generation of innocent gamers that the first 10 hours of any RPG should be really goddamn boring

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Skyrim Effect is more like "it'll get good when I level up" for like 20 hours

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bethesda, creators of some of the most acclaimed, top selling, most played RPGs of all time, have never made a good game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Moola posted:

DOOM is real good tho

They published it. Actually the games Bethesda publish, with a few exceptions, tend to be much better than the games they actually develop.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also the Mages turn bad even if you side with them, which I would actually be fine with, except that the way they turn bad if you side with them is so monumentally lazy and pointless.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm glad I never played any of those Dragon Age games. They sound like boring garbage. Most of the genre is boring garbage though so it isn't surprising.

This is true. Fantasy is really bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The difference in sidequest quality between DA:I and W3 is hilarious.

The main questlines in DA:I aren't actually that bad to be fair, but christ you can tell that the game was either planned as a MMO or that they were just lazy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

9-Volt Assault posted:

Witcher 3 is a bad game because open world games are always and forever bad.

I hate open world games more than most but I liked Witcher 3. It helped that almost none of the side-quests were throwaways (which is always one of the biggest problems with open-world games).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Iron Bull was shockingly boring.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The big takeaway from Witcher3 was how Geralt as a character was much, much better than the sum of his parts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Aside from the whole "constant pheremone emissions compelling hot women into heat also you're sterile so they're like in DOUBLE heat" thing, aside from that, yeah

in fairness the "sexual conquests" thing is mostly present in the first game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mass Effect 1 is bad. Mass Effect 2 is very good. Mass Effect 3 is good. Dragon Age 2 is very bad. Dragon Age 3 is bad. The Witcher 3 is very good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dragon Age 3 is better than the witcher

Better at failing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have room for lots of opinions, but if you think a Dragon Age game is better than Witcher 3 you are probably suffering from some kind of mental illness.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Moola posted:

all of them

The Asari are not sexy. I hate them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
at least they aren't Bethesda

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Eej posted:

raiding enemy bases makes me really excited to infiltrate the same prefab two storey warehouse filled with half and full height containers arranged in different ways for a unique experience for each side quest

they really are going after the "mass effect 1 was the best one" crowd

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Personally I love games that have easily ignorable collection and fetch quests that drive spergs insane

The problem with bad side quests is that they should be good side quests instead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Seemlar posted:

Worth keeping in mind

They do know what people didn't like about DAI

They should have just had everyone play the side quests from Wither 3 and said "do it that way"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IMO the right way to do speech checks/RPG mechanics is to have the skill checks be invisible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Bioware.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bethesda have never made a good video game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Meer gets good by ME2/3 imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mymla posted:

Turns out mass effect 2/3 was hatoful boyfriend all along.

:pray: