Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

the good fax machine posted:

A year before the massive reaper invasion, not a year before the first game.

Also the geth were around before that, but nobody had made contact with them in a long time as they remained on the outer edge of the galaxy, IIRC.

Yes, the Geth had stayed at the Quarian homeworld and their Dyson Sphere, until they made contact with Reapers. Then they started moving in and attacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Volus confirmed! :shepface:

Biotic God confirmed!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Bioware had better finally let me have a space hamster party member, or no sale.

They already gave you a cute robo-dog pet.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Doesn't sound like there are relays in Andromeda, since the trip there takes 600 years.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Why would you make a guy who dies at age 40 the pilot on your 600-year voyage?

They didn't reach Andromeda by flying there in the Tempest.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Drifter posted:

He was their big flagship gay character, too.

Pretty sure the Tevinter guy was, since he was specifically mentioned as being gay in the marketing. Bull is open to all comers.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They probably reproduce by budding and the Asari spawn pop out the backs.

I hate you so much right now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I want a harem. Why are they limiting me to porking one space alien? Why can't I pork all the crew on my ship. Why can't they all be my waifus

They've already said that you can romance/gently caress multiple people, and that on a per-character-basis they may or may not be fine with it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Reclaimer posted:

I'm sure in the centuries since the genophage was unleashed a female krogan or two got tired of Space Sharia and dipped out on a passing freighter. Not to mention prior to that, they lived on many worlds that weren't Tuchanka.

Also what is some other Krogan gonna do? Tell her, a most likely fertile female, she can't go wherever the hell she wants? Good job, idiot, you just pissed off one of the few ways your genetic line will ever continue. As we saw on Tuchanka, the female Krogans hold pretty much all of the social power, and the threat of never having a chance at children was incredibly strong.

A female Krogan saying "Hey, let's go check out this other galaxy full of adventure, new worlds to see, and things to fight" would get a ton of male Krogans tagging along, especially younger ones who aren't quite as jaded as their elders.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

...I'm not entirely clear why "Let's cut to the chase" is a confused option choice.

"Just tell me what I want to know." icon?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

Andromeda devs:

Uh, Bioware already did that in Jade Empire, buddy. And the two people are cousins by blood.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lycus posted:

They were like "Holy poo poo, there's nothing to fight in ME3 but husks!" so their solution was to give Cerberus a big hulking army out of nowhere.

But Cerberus's army was basically all husks. These husks just had guns and sweet stormtrooper outfits.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Their armor was poo poo. I miss the days when we could actually see out of our helmets.

With what Cerberus did to create the Nemesis enemies, the stormtroopers probably have implants connected directly to their helmets' visors.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Probably for the best that you can't tell Joker what happened to his sister, for that matter.

Thanks for reminding me about that depressing bit of background info.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

That's the funny thing about Kai Leng.

There's a bunch of that in the game already.

Thane talks about how lovely he is to lose to a dying drell. Bailey stops him by hacking the elevator. And Shepard spends the whole last encounter talking about how he's a whiny little loser.

I think a decent chunk of the writing team thought of him the same way the played does. It's just that it wasn't unanimous.

Shepard even calls him out on needing to get bailed out by a gunship on the Asari homeworld. Kai Leng gets so mad and whiny when Shep says it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Never played the dragon age games but is this bull character dude what I'm imagining

He is literally a giant muscular man with horns.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

There are more physics based powers: you can pick up people and throw them at other people.

If Vanguard can now become a high speed pro wrestling class, this will be goty. Krogan Vanguard Charging a dude, then picking him up and chucking him at his friends. :flashfap:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

What are the Collectors, then?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

A never-nude Kett

A Kett wearing one of those sleeping bags with slots for your legs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

She is leaning and bending her knees to support someone climbing out of flaming wreckage. God drat.

e: Oh, that's not even him?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

I hope you can still headbutt as a Krogan in multiplayer

Sudden Krogan mosh pits were great. All it took was one person jamming the button and everybody else would run over and join in.

And then a pyro would spray fire everywhere. And speaking of pyros, it was amazing how many people would freak out if you played a geth soldier in pyro colors and used the flamethrower on them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Torrannor posted:

New Ryders are looking good. After the gameplay trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic about Andromeda.

They are the same as before. The only change in those character kits was the lighting settings. Lighting has a massive effect on how a person/character looks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's been ages since I've played Jade Empire but I think you can trigger that scene (and even finish the game) without realising that it is incest.

Looked it up to check, and you can. You find out if you progress another follower's sub-quest before a certain point in the story.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Hey man, you were only a blood relative of one romance option in Fates. :colbert:

Two, if you romanced said relative's child. :shepface:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's two royal families.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Torrannor posted:

But you had to not gently caress Iron Bull and Dorian in order to get them to gently caress :(

Look, buddy. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the good of the world.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

BrokenKnees posted:

Have they said if the MP counts to the ten hours too or just the story?

The multiplayer part is unlimited.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Never forget Dad Ryder remembers a time before FTL and aliens, decided to gently caress off to a totally different galaxy in technology that would seem totally unfeasible at the time of ME1.

:lol:

What would seem unfeasible about cryostasis pods and a long-journey colony ship, at the time of ME1?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There's no realistic way to continue the story in the Milky Way after ME3's endings. Instead of getting into that quagmire of choice carry-overs, we're getting a completely new galaxy. It's a soft reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are we talking about the same Origin that literally did not have a functioning password reset system for years, necessitating esoteric workarounds involving creating a SWTOR account to reset ones password?

What on earth are you talking about?