Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

can't wait for the inevitable not-Geth to join our cause and call us Ryder-Pathfinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

So just a trailer, and a release date for a novel? Didn't they say they'd have more than just a trailer? Who the gently caress reads Mass Effect books

and a remote controlled Nomad. :byoscience:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Is the only difference between the "Expensive Edition" and the "Ludicrously Expensive Edition" the extra 19 multiplayer packs?

yep and you can earn those packs just from playing I bet

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

How does ME1 hold up these days? I want to play through the series before Andromeda is released and I've never played the DLC for the third game, so now seems like a good enough time as ever to get that done!

Get this graphics mod for ME1 and then it at least holds up to say ME2 and 3 somewhat. You need to DL another tool first to patch the ME exe so that it accepts system memory of larger than 4GB though.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Adept with max Lift, Adept and Pistols can take down Geth Colossus on Insanity without breaking a sweat.

that reminds me: if you want to maximise your experience gains in ME1 while driving the Mako, whittle them down with your Mako gun until they have a sliver of health left then jump out and kill them by foot, if you kill an enemy while in the Mako you only get a quarter of the experience

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Torrannor posted:

I really hope that Bioware don't pull anything like Trespasser again. I loved the DLC, but letting your game end halfway through the climax and selling the real ending in a DLC is super lovely.

now youre thinking like an EA CEO

release ME:A as a sandbox game, add a storyline as DLC later

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

No, I mean there are more occasions when the script calls for Shepard and co. to [shoot a gun] or [point a gun at bad guy], because there is more primary content in ME2 and ME3 and they have more action-centred cutscenes. There are then more potential 'correct' animations that need to be checked for each of these moments - does Shepard use a gun or biotics or tech? what type of gun does their class allow? did they pick a bonus gun on the Collector Ship? which specific model of gun do they use? is this gun appropriate to the context, e.g. is Shepard gonna blast their shotgun wildly when they're supposed to be in a long-range firefight? what about all of the above, but for the two squadmates, out of a cast of 12 and 8?

simply have a counter that checks how often you used a certain weapon then have the most often used weapon on display during cutscene X
dont even need to address biotics as they too use weapons even if its only used to blow off shields with it

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

DancingShade posted:

What's the bet FemRyder is using the same skeletal animations as MaleRyder this time around?

I'm thinking 100% because there is no other way to explain that waddle run FemShep did in ME3.

you talk about the running, I'm thinking of the dancing

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

BexGu posted:

There is going to be a mod that is just going to take peebee out of the game.

the best mod in the history of mods

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

BexGu posted:

But yes waiting until reviews is the best bet here. I'm tempted if there is some massive deal on pre-release that drops it to say $30 or so but other then that everyone only wins by playing the waiting game.

I dont give two cents about any of those reviews, the best way to get an impression on new games nowadays seems to be Twitch, choose a streamer that doesnt annoy you who plays this game and go from there

AngryBooch posted:

This was actually literally Dragon Age Origins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrFSKkQRW8A

and this is the jade empire trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpl4eKn3aY

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 6, 2017

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Section Z posted:

SMGs with effectively infinite ammo were nice, and ME3 let us use any gun we wanted without firing bullets at a 90 degree angle out of our barrel. But it's just not the same :saddowns:

get the coalesced editor for ME3
open the coalsced.bin file found in me3\BIOgame\CookedPCConsole in the editor you just downloaded
navigate to bioinput.ini > sfxgame > sfxgamemodedefault > bindings
add the following line: ( Name="PC_Reload", Command="SwapWeaponIfEmpty | TryReload | initammo 999 | initgrenades 10")
now every time you hit the reload button your ammo is set to the maximum including grenades

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope the Cain is in MEA.

I also hope you can kill Pebee.

With the Cain.

much better

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Serf posted:

I would dig a Mass Effect game set on a single planet, or on a huge megastructure like the Citadel, but by its very nature the series is about planet-hopping space adventures, so it probably wouldn't fly.

well you kinda can live that dream in both the Omega and Citadel DLC in ME3, both take place in one area pretty much

quote:

Cora is 'more militaristic and orders and rules based',

Ashley 2.0

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 9, 2017

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Sovereign implies that all the galactic races were so similar because the Reapers induced them to evolve along those lines for some easy reapin'. But now, welp.

not sure if he meant biologically evolve along those paths and more like technically evolve alongside the paths they desire so those races cant ever beat them

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Dexo posted:

I'm fine with an ancient race and their power being important. So long as that Race doesn't come back and pose a giant galaxy wide threat. Have all the races fight over ancient tech and try to get the power for themselves.

Mass Effect: Borderlands

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I guess this may be a stupid question, but was ME3 noticeably better on a console vs a PC? I played the third game on my PlayStation, but now I have a real-deal computer and am wondering if it'd be worth playing it on there instead!

its based on Unreal Engine 3 and runs really well on a PC
plus you get to mod the game if you so desire, to extend the range where you can see collectible stuff, remove the need for fuel/reaper alertness on the galaxy map etc

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

BexGu posted:

That's a shame, cause a female Krogan teammate would give a nice and different perspective of the species/genophage to interact with.

please no, no more genophage poo poo and no more quarian/geth tensions after three games where the plots ended one way or another

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

and adept with stealth could be pretty fun, biotic powers out of nowhere!

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

I thought Bioware learned from their mistakes from ME3 and stopped making nightmare scenes for the player character guess I was wrong

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I couldn't tell most of the time if I was hearing FemRyder or Peebee, though hopefully I get better at distinguishing them once I start playing.

most of the talking was actually done by Peebee

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

I doubt Bioware has the restraint to portray the Ryders as green 22 year olds instead of hypercompetent operatives on the level of Shepard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiRDJLcYua0

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

frajaq posted:

How the hell did the ship manage to hit The Scourge without anyone seeing it was gonna happen? don't these ships have windows :psyduck:

windows are a structural weakness

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

watching BikeMan playing this on Twitch right now and sofar the main story missions like quite good

edit: well until he has to reload a save cause he isnt allowed to show major story plot points yet

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 15, 2017

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

who the gently caress wrote this

and who was giving voice direction

what is any of this

I have seen better written dialogue and animations in the Power Rangers marathon on twitch

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

Replace the OP with a collection of all the funny gifs and videos and nothing else.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Well Thursday, because I'm a nasty European, but I agree.

so its the year 2017 and EA/Bioware still can't release a game globally on the same day, amazing

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

workaround to saving a game during priority mission atm is to switch your active quest objective, save, switch back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Does anyone know how to bind the console command screenshot.render to a key? seems like an oversight, having to use 3rd party programs for screenshots sucks