Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You mean like the reapers? And wasn't there a Human-Batarian war before the series? Or was it Turians? I forget.

It would have been more if the humans accidentally started a war with the Asari.

A very sexy war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

DancingShade posted:

If it's like ME3 then definitely.

Just play a human engineer since those are unlocked from the start with the lightest pistol available. You're only there to spam powers anyway so the loot box gear grind is a non factor :v:

But the little doohickeys and widgets on some guns make you spam harder and/or faster so you can top the scoreboards in this cooperative game.

They couldn't be bothered with competitive MP, could they? Volus Vanguards vs Volus Vanguards would look like the Sonic game we never got.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

So it was like ME3's combat with L4D's game modes?

Maybe I was too jaded because I saw the addition of MP as a waste of production resources combined with the fact that they forced you to play at least 15 hours of it to get the :turianass: best :turianass: ending in single player. Did everyone play it because it was fun enough and happened to be there, because it didn't seem to offer anything that games dedicated to multiplayer didn't already do much better.

I don't know, I feel about Bioware now like I felt about Blink 182 in college: they just didn't grow up with me and kept cranking out material for younger people.

Well, they made updates to where you no longer needed to play to get the 3 options.

But yes, it still fun and pugs are still really easy to come by 4 years after the game came out.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

"Less hunkering" Are people still trying to do the old FBW farming? Or are they that concerned about people having an "easy" mode?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Schubalts posted:

They've already said that you can romance/gently caress multiple people, and that on a per-character-basis they may or may not be fine with it.

Right, so it's like ME2's suicide mission, but instead of how many you can keep alive, it's how many you can gently caress. I'm going to go the FailRyder route of trying to get with the claustrophobic in the vents.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Moola posted:

i wanna gently caress a Reaper

It would totally be into BDSM though.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh no a child died on this planet, which is different from the rest of the loving devastated planet

I would have to be human though. If Shepard saw poo poo like that on Surkesh or Palaven, the dream sequences wouldn't have been as compelling if you were chasing after an egg.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Moola posted:

I put Jacob in the vents to make him suffer

Must have missed his recruitment. Who?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Posted before, but he sure did papa/mama proud:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I'll probably go tech-focused if it plays like it did in ME3. It may not be the most efficient thing in the world, but my favorite way to play ME3 is as an engineer specced to max out drones with combat drone, auto turret, and defense drone, with overload, incinerate, and one point in sabotage for turrets.

So you want a sub-squad to your already existing squad? I can get behind fielding a small army.

Also, if it plays like ME3 did after the changes to tech explosions, just get Incinerate in there with a low enough cool down and (in theory at least) you could be wrecking poo poo as fast as adepts.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Moola posted:

its gonna be better than 3 but still not as good as 2

the MP is gonna be raaaaaaaad

Quote for truth.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how long will it take the Russians to post game mechanics errors that lead to things like the Reegar cheese builds.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I can't wait to scan plants and minerals alongside my companions, New Wrex and New Garrus but a Girl.

Bone Wrex

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Would that be more of a Techie thing though?

Let the Soldier have that, it looks like Techie has Flamers galore.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

I wouldn't really describe Turian breeding as 'sloppy' though. :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if a crisp salute initiated foreplay.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

can it truly be Mass Effect without the vorcha

actually I bet the first DLC for this will be another Ark arriving with a bunch of panicked non-council races fleeing the Reaper war

Bringing along all the good guns with it. Want that Saber or Harrier again? $19.99 will make your shooty spaceman...shootier.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Drifter posted:

Mass Effect 3 keeps giving me loading screens about shooting swords out of people's hands and maybe their legs so they fall, but my Vanguard dash doesn't have anywhere near that kind of precision. Lame.

Doesn't matter, they [Phantoms] can still stab you with the sword stub. Use the Sword Vanguard or the Sword Infiltrator for decapitation funsies.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

Curious, but how many do you want them to let you bring? Three? Four? Literally everyone at once?

Because I'd be down for the latter if only to play the pathfinder like some Civil War general watching the battle unfold from safely behind the allied line.

3, a la SR style. You get to call squaddies on the go after you do their loyalty mission and you all pile into Mako 2.0 except for bone Krogan because he doesn't fit and will run after your vehicle at disconcerting speeds.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It didn't affect me (because I played really regularly) but lots of my friends played much more intermittently and found it pretty frustrating.

Some of the basic human kits in ME3 (eg the Adept) only really became good after a few revamps. Singularity used to be pretty awful, for example.

The Human Sentinel was a better Adept at the start.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

You can see for a split second that the body is starting to fly off into the sunset :allears:

But that should turn the trooper into paste, like what happens with the Warlord's heavy melee. The Krogan Backhand Bitchslap is what throws them across/off the map.

Also, Krogan Vanguard with Nova and a bitchslap? It's miles better than ME3 already.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

I get the feeling the Remnant we deal with are literally the mechanized detritus of a lost civilization more than the civilization itself, and Mr. Archon is a mad treasure hunter who thinks it the equivalent of the Spear of Longinus or the Ark of the Covenant. Perhaps the original creators died out, or perhaps they moved on, but their trash is shiny and we like very much.

So, they're like the Prophets of the Covenant from Halo? Yay.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Geth do not stridulate

http://imgur.com/a/qHkhe

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

" I wasn’t able to use my jetpack to jump because I had ‘clipped’ on cover."

Hey, it's Son of Vanguard Rapture.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Definitely seems like they want you moving around a lot more in this one.

Which the narrator/player completely missed.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Burkion posted:

There's a sounding joke in there somewhere

The only thing I want to know about the ME A multiplayer is what race class combos are going to be in from the jump. Also if we're going to be able to equip melee weapons to our Multiplayer character like the Single Player character. I'd love to be some sneaky sneak assassin and then pull out a giant gently caress off hammer to smash dudes

Only if there's a tiptoe animation for the Krogan holding it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

why is ryyder in the air vents

No Vorcha, someone's got break the fans.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

An enormous amount of free content was added to MP through the DLC, including like 50 new classes and a new enemy faction.

Not to mention some of the best and quirkiest guns.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

back in the exploration video, why is the icon for unfreezing merchants a Krogan

the only thing Krogan should be selling is DEATH :black101:

Wouldn't they give DEATH away for free or at least at a massive discount?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i wonder if shoddy netcode still renders half of them moot if you're not hosting

It wouldn't be Bioware if I weren't hoovered into the Banshee's Fiend's loving embrace from across a map and crushed and smashed and called George.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Aren't Vorcha like massive sentient bacteria colonies or something? They gross.

You're confusing them with the Lekgolo from Halo. They're basically walking stem cell factories that help them heal and adapt.

Man, I'm going to miss their Wolverine-style slashing grabs if they're not in the multi.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Fojar38 posted:

please dont doxx my me:a character

That's self insert masculine man, not "miniscule".

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Number Ten Cocks posted:

SHAME, PREORDERING GOONS. SHAME!!!

(And not for the obvious reason of preordering this game.)

None of you have mentioned this from the "come pick up your Pyjak" email.

Or are all you fuckers in your 20s? :corsair:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Pharohman777 posted:

Does the player get to choose the color of the explosion?

Yes, but the consequences will be obscured, confusing, and upsetting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Plus, what, two solid years of free add-ons after release?