Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

megane posted:

Robert DeNiro's mole has gotta be ten feet wide

I for one appreciate this obscure Weird Al reference in the year 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Still blown away by how picturesque this game can get sometimes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I didn't know Brave had a tie-in game. :aaaaa:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Which game?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Whoops sorry, that's Horizon Zero Dawn.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh yeah, gorgeous.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
Decided to load up Space Giraffe. Most of the screenshots are blurry messes of color, but sometimes you get a good shot that is only slightly blurry.

I could only make it to level 39 from level 1 :smith:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

All Mario Odyssey. Will spoiler upon request. Don't think there are any big giveaways though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

King Vidiot posted:

I for one appreciate this obscure Weird Al reference in the year 2017.

i was gonna say what a weird reference but i had no screenshots to share on phone at the time

but now i have this very boring game called Alchademy that has cute art direction. whoever was in charge of putting content in after the first book/level just went way too far with the pokemon stuff though some of them are funny:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Some more Horizon Fashiondawn photos.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Nice way to start a new run of Strife. And I mean real Strife, not that stupid loving MOBA using the same name which stars an angry monkey in all its advertising.
For almost a decade I was one of three people on the loving internet who knew this game even existed.

One of my favorites.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I've been slowly poking at ME:A since it came out with big breaks between sessions, cause it gets old real fast.

It's not bad anymore. It's kind of OK, but just flawed maybe?

Sort of weird. Has these weird flashes of good and fun in a general murk of poo poo. Strange game.

Regardless came across this line, no idea if it was a homage to the SA "Centipedes?!" photoshop but still got a laugh out of me anyhow:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 21, 2017

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
dragon's dogma

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

duckfarts posted:

dragon's dogma

Don't skip leg day.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Watch Dogs 2. I’m a good driver. I’m a great driver! The best, even!

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

NieR - Automata

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
A couple Ansel shots from The Witcher 3

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
an Ansel shot of the excellent CoD: IW while in the cockpit of the spaceship

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

AssCred Oregon

Yes I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to turn off the HUD.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

More Nier Automata with some location spoilers, feel free to peek if you've finished some important sidequests

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, AssCreed:Origins is pretty neat looking.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

I mostly ignored news of Origins because there are already 392764 near identical AssCreed games but I've never seen a flaming skeleton horse in the series before. It's probably near identical in the other ways though right?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mostly ignored news of Origins because there are already 392764 near identical AssCreed games but I've never seen a flaming skeleton horse in the series before. It's probably near identical in the other ways though right?

it is completely different apart from "has assassin" and "climb thing"

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's now an open world RPG with quests and loot rather than a mission-based open world action game. Completely changed the combat too. It's pretty different to the previous games.

The mission/quest distinction is important, in previous games when you took a mission to assassinate a plot character you were locked into it. With them being open quests you can take the quest and then gently caress-off and do something else. I've heard of people accidentally finishing the prologue by stumbling into the target for that area while doing another quest in the same area.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
I still love Total Annihilation even if I am still trash at it. loving AI swarmed me from both sides so I had to spend all my time keeping my meager base afloat and never stood a chance trying to find what little metal there was :smith:. At least the maps I made in middle school still somewhat hold up and are still being hosted on a TA fansite :unsmith:

WASTED, he gives you a quest called The Lover Slab :shepface:

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, I killed everyone in the freedom base then loaded up a corpse. While running back and forth from the loading zone the corpse I was carrying despawned and all the items exploded all over the place.

Heat Signature, slipstreams (slows down time for everyone but you) stack so you can go drug crazy and loot an entire ship before the guards can even move a couple rooms if you got enough on hand.

Dwarf Fortress, I dug a hole into a stream for a well and my loving dwarfs decided to cross the stream due to it being low enough while holding fruit and vegetables which in turn caused them to drop it, then of course while gathering more fruit and vegetables they attempted to get the dropped stuff. This in turn caused me to lose 100+ food items because dwarfs are dumb as gently caress. There is nothing even over there so it is a mystery why they decided to cross the stream.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Insurgency

I love it when the AI has a complete loving meltdown and rushes in mindlessly.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Jeesis posted:

Dwarf Fortress, I dug a hole into a stream for a well and my loving dwarfs decided to cross the stream due to it being low enough while holding fruit and vegetables which in turn caused them to drop it, then of course while gathering more fruit and vegetables they attempted to get the dropped stuff. This in turn caused me to lose 100+ food items because dwarfs are dumb as gently caress. There is nothing even over there so it is a mystery why they decided to cross the stream.

I find this game so baffling I'm still not convinced that it's actually a game and not just some long-lived elaborate troll.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Dick Trauma posted:

I find this game so baffling I'm still not convinced that it's actually a game and not just some long-lived elaborate troll.

At a certain point, something stops being a elaborate troll and starts becoming outsider art. Dwarf Fortress is vastly beyond that point.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
The online component to the nemesis system in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is pretty neat

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So here is some stuff from me dicking about with the customization settings in Tekken 7:
For Lars I went with a Cowboy stripper look:

I tried to go for something piratey for Shaheen, I'm not sure it worked:

I decided to go with a Pop singer/Boy band look for Leo:

I decided to go full silliness for for Miguel yes that is a fish on his back and yes you can hit people with it:

Here's Eddie in his morning Jammies:

Here is a perfectly normal human being and not some weird bug samurai man:

and finally Battle Bear:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holdfast: Nations at War lets you play as a drummer boy or even a flutist!

Forming up before battle

Charging to the front

Forming a single file line

Your morale is raised! (You get 5 points for every soldier they kill as a kill assist)

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

My experiences in Holdfast so far have been surreal and wonderful.

When the plan comes together and everyone forms a wonderful firing line, it's great... but that's only part of it.

The real fun comes from forming the travelling band who try to entertain both sides before angry frenchmen try to get you out in a shower of bullets and grenades.

Or from listening to which ever passing officer seems to be either the most well-spoken or insane. This chap, for example, had us all take a knee while he read from the book of Luke and then took us to the local river to be baptised. The fact that said river was the front-line was only a minor concern,

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some pretty spoiler heavy screenshots for the back half of Evil Within 2, a really fun game I finally finished!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Cross post from the Warframe thread.

TheMostFrench posted:

Keeping everyone waiting while I pet my cat (I need to green up in the top corner).

It has a back scratcher now! (The decoration stuck on the roof opens and closes).

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Adding these to the Warframe pile:

Angry Valkyr:

Excalibur bulletjumping while really needing the bathroom:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hollow Knight is really, really pretty

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Ugh, I'm gonna wind up buying an Assassin's Creed game again aren't I? Is it as good as the pirate one? Because the pirate one was pretty great.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ugh, I'm gonna wind up buying an Assassin's Creed game again aren't I? Is it as good as the pirate one? Because the pirate one was pretty great.

It's probably the best one since then, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, I mean, there IS a dedicated "pet cats" animation in the game, sooo...