Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«42 »
Digirat
Sep 14, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Thats meant to be literally grimdark pacman right? is it actually good or just a gimmick?

I don't know where you're getting grimdark, but it is pacman yes.

Whether it's good or bad probably depends on what you're looking for out of it. It was made by 1 guy and it shows, because it's pretty out there in both good and bad ways. The graphical and encounter quality varies a lot (some of it's great, while the last challenge was so unreasonable I had to turn on a "slower enemies" option for it to even seem possible). I bought it because I wanted to look at surreal and atmospheric environments and it definitely delivers there.

The actual pacman gameplay ends up being incredibly stressful in first person since you can't see exactly where things are behind corners or behind you, you can only hear them. The dash move leads to a lot of frustration since you want to dash as far as possible when running away, but if you aim it a hair too high then the dash is canceled and you'll probably get killed because of it. I enjoyed it the most when not in a pacman encounter since the atmosphere is really good, there's some great surreal stuff, and the level design has a lot of secrets and shortcuts to find.

Overall, it's definitely a thing, that I played.

Digirat fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2018 around 22:22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

IT'S HIS DICK

THE BABYSITTING EXPERIENCE (Apple II, 1986)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

not even worth red text

Savidudeosoo posted:

I was going to ask how you make pac man grimdark but then I remembered that one t-shirt

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Noot Noot

Holy poo poo what T-shirt

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

IT'S HIS DICK

Savidudeosoo posted:

Holy poo poo what T-shirt

probably this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU