Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
A flight of goon pilots take fuel on Falcon Online PvP Battle for Balkans campaign. Screenshot was taken sometime around 2015 I believe.

Game: Falcon BMS

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
air refueling is endgame

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I rather like this Nvidia Ansel fancy screenshot tool. Doesn't seem compatible on many games though, but thankfully Witcher 3 works with it.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 19, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Works with The Surge too!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Vahakyla posted:

A flight of goon pilots take fuel on Falcon Online PvP Battle for Balkans campaign. Screenshot was taken sometime around 2015 I believe.

HEY! Put that poo poo behind spoilers at least, there are people at work reading this!

wit
Jul 26, 2011

redgubbinz posted:

I rather like this Nvidia Ansel fancy screenshot tool. Doesn't seem compatible on many games though, but thankfully Witcher 3 works with it.

Ansel is a glorious wallpaper maker. In that with the res you can get out of that tool you could make an actual wallpaper for a feature wall in your home. Mass Effect Andromeda looks absolutely amazing if you stop and stare with ansel rather than focus on the spazzy moving parts.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does it do post effects now? When it first came out some people posted some giant shots from The Witcher 3 that looked incredibly ugly because it would automatically disable the game's post processing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Surge at least has a tickbox to enable/disable the game's post processing, yes. I think Nioh might have it too but that game doesn't have many post fx so the difference would be pretty minimal.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

wit posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda looks absolutely amazing if you stop and stare with ansel rather than focus on the spazzy moving parts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Daddy Warcredits!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Suddenly that much maligned,"My face hurts.." line makes a lot more sense.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Subnautica is beautiful.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Skyrim (with mods)

What is it about Skyrim images that makes you instantly think "Skyrim image"?
Horrible bloom shader, for one. And the weird fisheye camera fov magic that seems to zoom and stretch out the most blurry, lovely part of every texture no matter where it is on screen. But there must be surely something else, I can't put my finger onto it.. it doesn't look so different from other games from era and beyond, but something is just... off... always

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 26, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's because the whole game is loving brown. Even the white snow is brown.

Doom 3 dark, Skyrim brown.

Lasse Lillebakken
Jul 23, 2007

请大家闭嘴

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Subnautica is beautiful.

I was on the fence about this one due to technical issues, but your shots sold another copy.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Lasse Lillebakken posted:

I was on the fence about this one due to technical issues, but your shots sold another copy.

It does have some of that, too. The trick is not to be moving while admiring the landscape. :v:

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Woohoo posted:

What is it about Skyrim images that makes you instantly think "Skyrim image"?
Horrible bloom shader, for one. And the weird fisheye camera fov magic that seems to zoom and stretch out the most blurry, lovely part of every texture no matter where it is on screen. But there must be surely something else, I can't put my finger onto it.. it doesn't look so different from other games from era and beyond, but something is just... off... always

It's because everything is the same tileset, so every single city and dungeon and tree and rock and etc. etc. looks the same as every other. Once you've seen one skyrim dungeon you've literally seen EVERY ONE.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
I think I figured this out

:downs: "That's a nice looking staircase, mr. Bethesda artist. But it looks too new! What should we do?"
:classiclol: "How about I just stamp it with black cloud-like poo poo all over?"
:downs: "But what is this? Soot? Dirt? Stone damage would look rather lighter than darker? Doesn't look like anything based on laws of physics or reality!"
:classiclol: "Meh. We've done it already with every single 3D model in this game. Black cloud-shaped random poo poo rules! Especially when used on very dark blue surfaces and such that are already impossible to see thanks to our lovely lighting system."
:monocle: "AND THERE'S OUR GOTY"

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 1, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

All of this is even more prominent in Skyrim Vr. It’s ugly as poo poo but drat is it cool.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Kingdom Come Deliverance

few landscape shots for unwinding and a guy trying to sweep a puddle

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gran Turismo Sport

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 3, 2018

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Gran Turismo Sport

Excellent car choice!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Mario Odyssey

Fe

DOOM

Stardew Valley

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Gran Turismo Sport

This really confused me as I thought this was a Kirby game featuring a Dodge Charger.
:negative:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

.TakaM posted:

Switch screenshots

I wish the Switch allowed some way to export your screenshots without making them look like rear end because of the compression.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

yeah it's a shame, I think you can pull them in better quality off the microSD card but my laptop won't recognize it :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Weavered posted:

This really confused me as I thought this was a Kirby game featuring a Dodge Charger.
:negative:

That would own.

.TakaM posted:

yeah it's a shame, I think you can pull them in better quality off the microSD card but my laptop won't recognize it :(

Sadly they're stuck at 720 regardless, that's just how they're captured. I think it still crushes the hell out of the quality, too.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyanideCoke/status/969993037496635392/video/1

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What rodent is that?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Looks like a Sugar glider.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

I'm very glad that Prompto does most of the work for me in Final Fantasy XV and occasionally gets some good shots

also the food looks great

Lagnar
Feb 23, 2013

Finally got around to playing through Titanfall 2's campaign (it was on sale for next to nothing on Origin over the holidays). Along with being a stupidly fun and well written campaign, it was also very pretty! BT for best robot character 2016/forever.

Also these robotos were my buddies, and I did my best to never hurt them. Usually.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

:ussr:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What game?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's Into The Breach.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's loving excellent. It's the type of game I've been looking for, something to play while browsing, with a show/podcast on, but still something that makes you stop for a few seconds or minutes to strategize and execute

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

It's loving excellent. It's the type of game I've been looking for, something to play while browsing, with a show/podcast on, but still something that makes you stop for a few seconds or minutes to strategize and execute

There are not many games like that, that don't require constant attention. Hearthstone is my current go-to for that but I want to replace it. Maybe Into The Breach is the answer.

What other games can be played like that, using only 40% or less of your desktop while spending most of your time browsing in another window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I probably should rephrase, it doesn't make you stop what you're doing and think for a while, but you find yourself doing it. As for additional stop-and-start games, I'd be curious as well.

I've got Opus Magnum in my wishlist for the summer sale, that seems like a good game to step away from for a few minutes to marinate thoughts.