Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Those living in cardboard houses should not throw stones.

It's rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here is my recently assembled compilation of People Being Smartasses With Messages in Dark Souls 2:

These two chuckleheads right next to each other:

Captain obvious:

And finally, this one that I really love:

(other similar good ones include "Visions of stealth" and "like a dream...")

There was also one I failed to capture that was simply "Horse?" in front of a statue of a dragon. I feel great shame for not taking a shot of it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

I was more commenting on how it appears to be connected to the intestines. I'm not a doctor though!

It's hovering in front of the intestines, not attached to them. I'll have you know they paid the utmost attention to their gruesome human ventilation simulator.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Toasta posted:

Was messing around with Fallout 4 mods and decided to try out PILGRIM - Dread the Commonwealth ENB. I really like how it turns the game into something a bit more grim and Silent Hill-ish.

Go ICP!

edit: FALLOUT 4 - DLC #3: THE GATHERING OF THE JUGGALO MUTANTS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Clearly the best addition in The Evil Within 2 is the ability to partake in some nice deep black joe.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Playing with Nvidia Ansel to take screenshots of my brutality in The Surge:

Ansel is really cool, it lets you freeze the game and zoom the camera around in noclip mode to set up shots. Then it lets you take flawless ingame-render-quality screenshots at any resolution you like. And I mean any resolution, they let you go all the way up to 65,000 pixels, which would make a 30 GB image and take hours to process and be completely unusable in any way shape or form, but boy would it be high quality. It's also how the devs made all their promo screenshots for the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The projected date is Q4 2018, it was going to come out at the same time but it was delayed.

Dreadwroth posted:

"Later" because Capcom are being frothing dicks about launching the PC version at the same time for some reason.

Do you have proof to back that up?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Memento posted:

[*]What exactly does "Third-rate Occasional Honey" mean?

You can make up a title for your hunter out of any three words you've seen ingame (equipment, names, items, personality, rank etc) and so you get things like say "Third-rate Occasional Honey" and my own, "Mister Mallet Man"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Works with The Surge too!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Surge at least has a tickbox to enable/disable the game's post processing, yes. I think Nioh might have it too but that game doesn't have many post fx so the difference would be pretty minimal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chiming in that A Way Out is incredible. It is the best co-op game I have ever played and it's gorgeous too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The characterization and story in A Way Out is outstanding. It's no joke one of the best written games I've ever played. It oozes atmosphere and gives you exactly as much narration as you want and need without overstaying its welcome.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

God of War just updated with a photo mode that lets you change the characters' facial expressions.

You can activate it during cutscenes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alright fine, I've had my jollies, so here's a real one using the photo mode.

edit:

Also a really deep zoom-in on this super high-quality-rear end lizard I spotted. drat that's some fine bumpmapping for such a tiny creature.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 18, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Abload.de is good for when you need/want high quality images to stay as a PNG because imgur automatically makes anything bigger than 1080p or a certain filesize into a JPG, which is not what you want in a thread about high quality graphically intensive screenshots.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

double nine posted:

... excuse me?

Yakuza 0 can get pretty intense at times, so it's nice to take a break every so often and chill out just doing some casual fishing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I tried to play Dead Space in 4k. It works just fine, but the subtitles are, uh...

A little on the small side.

It's just the subs too! The rest of the UI is normal human sized!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is that gun an actual 3D model? Or just a series of sprites made out of screenshots of a 3D gun? Either way, Doom modder ingenuity never fails to make me grin. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He really misunderstood his fellows when they said pot would make him paranoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Max Payne 3 was the last Rockstar game to release simultaneously-ish for PC and consoles, and it was because Max Payne 3 is a PC game first, console game second so there was no real porting to do (it still came out on 360/ps3 a week earlier though because that was a larger market at the time). I'm sure Red Dead 2 will come to PC, it's just a matter of time.