Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Kins posted:

The best Payday 2 mod (which has since become an official option) is the ability to increase the ragdoll limit.

Payday 2: Can you paint with all the colors of the law elementals?

Not gonna spam the thread with the millions of masks I've made, except this one.

GTA 4: The Naked Gun 46.3

Fallout 4

XCOM 2: My Greatest Creation

Fashion Souls 3

EDF! EDF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kanfy posted:

In celebration of Dishonored 2 coming out, here's some of my favorite shots from Dishonored. I'll thumbnail them if it turns out they're too large as-is.

Cannot wait to break that game in so many different ways.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dali Parton posted:

Hah.

I've had three false starts for this game. I admire how overly-lore based this game is, but the story itself seems kind of dry. I just got to the part where I can manage my own stronghold by talking to some statue. Does it ramp up? (I really want to like this game)

Yes. Everything leading up to entering the main city is basically introduction poo poo to get you used to combat and the general structure of mechanics.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dragon Age: Origins

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fart of Darkness posted:

The light and shadow work in the demo for the Resident Evil game is pretty great. I get freaked out easily in scary video games so these are from early on in the demo.

That's dark as hell. Do you at least get a flashlight or something, cause that's Doom 3 levels of I can't see poo poo.

Final Fantasy 14

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 1, 2017

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hirethor posted:

Mad Max was pretty, fun, and good up until the very end where it has the worst ending to a game I've seen in my entire life.

Clearly you haven't played Rage.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

coffeecup posted:

But my question is: is there any possible way to finish the game in a short amount of time?

Yes, if you cheat your level up and do little to none of the of side content. This also results in generally worse endings.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Blood Bowl 2 has some bad AI

ftfy. It's worse than the worst players in matchmaking, but still better than the AI in BB1 which actually got easier the higher you cranked the difficulty.

Vermintide also had some bad AI.

Star Wars: KotOR 2 had a bug in one of the Restoration Mod versions that just kept spawning more of these guys. And yeah, talking to them turned them hostile.

Shadow of Morder and the Orc that wished it was anywhere else right then.

The general state of affairs in Dragon's Dogma

Some mood lighting in XCOM 2

A weird lovely ftp game with a title I don't remember. Was funny for ten minutes though, since you were a god and got these little worshipers and they climbed all over you when you called them.

An odd sequence of events in Saints Row 2. Just before the funeral mission, some random citizen fell out of the sky and landed perfectly in this grave.

Firefall had a lot of problems, but drat if it wasn't silly and fun as hell with some buddies.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

A Spider Covets posted:

Is Nier playable on the mouse and keyboard, or do you need a controller?

Nier 1 is console only. Nier 2 plays just fine with m/k.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

gmq posted:

I had never heard of that game before and now I really want to play it.

:negative:

The PS4 has many good and very pretty games that make it worth picking up.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Scalding Coffee posted:

Napoleon is great. Strange to see Wendy being there.

She's become a meme over the last few weeks, iirc.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Looks like Jet Set Radio.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Reive posted:

You can make custom graffiti in JSF, or is that a PC mod thing?

OG Jet Set Radio. JSRF doesn't have that feature iirc. Also no pc port unlike the original.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tiler Kiwi posted:

The original XCOM was more fun

Was also a lot easier to get people killed.

The casualty list from Jade Star's Open Xcom 1.0 release stream.

quote:

where you'd miss and then the bullet would fly off and hit your highest ranked dude in his back and kill him

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/48590833 from the same stream

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There's a joke about beer battered chicken in there somewhere.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Would mourn at the timesplitters memorial.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Veotax posted:

Final Fantasy XIV can be gloriously dumb at times.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Probably Shadow of Mordor.

Kanfy posted:

I did great typing words like "combustion" and "shelves" in Epistory - Typing Chronicles but these optional challenge areas can get a little hosed up.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Reality Winner posted:

Breath of the Wild

More light-based exploration games please.

Look up Echo on steam. More Light then action though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Best part about edf is that everything is massive. The smallest enemies are still five times your size.

Does kinda suck if you're scared of insects, like me.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Shadow of the Colossus is a game about running around a desolate landscape, finding large things, and then killing them. There aren't too many games like it and none have really come close to the feel of being a tiny guy who has to to work out how to mount and scale these massive beasts. The third colossus in particular, the one in the screenshots, is iconic as hell because it's the one that got put on every single ad and promotional piece.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Upmarket Mango posted:

I don't like this Carth Dogood companion following me around, though.

Aside from the time the tutorial forces you to take him, you can ditch him at every other opportunity.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

PantsBandit posted:

Monster Hunter: World

A game that desperately needs a photo mode.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

EorayMel posted:

He sure is in some Hard Time alright :grin:

Good to see MDickey's art hasn't gotten better.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cartoon Man posted:

Supposedly there are assets in the game that hint it can come out on PC. They waited like 2 years before releasing GTA5 on PC...

That was Rockstar North though. Rockstar San Diego doesn't really do pc ports for their own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

PantsBandit posted:

Have not heard about this game, how would you compare it to other mech games? I loved play Chromehounds way back when.

It's a relatively good attempt at recreating the tabletop game. It's nothing like chromehounds or the mechwarrior games though. Has a few problem points but is overall a really good strategy game.