Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Not enough racecars in this thread.

F1 2016

rFactor 2

RaceRoom

And some non-racecars.

Saints Row 4

Stardew Valley

XCOM 2

Fallout 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I forgot Lego Worlds was a thing and also forgot I'd played it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hitman is a stealth game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

So is it a weird Japanese thing to have a dog with a sword in its mouth be a good fighter? Those things are all over the place.

Most dogs only have knives, Sif is a very good dog so they get a sword.

Also, The Saboteur went up on Origin Access today. It's a fun game with terrible climbing mechanics.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 17, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Styx: Master of Shadows

I'm not sorry.

You really should be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

zelda more like celda

I just had flashbacks because of this post god drat it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

Was the great "Mario 64 is the best-looking game of all time/Myst is the best-looking game of all time" debate an argument in the wider e-world in the 1990s, or was that just (violently) localized in my hometown? I remember people refusing to talk to me for a few days over that.

I didn't get on the internet until the early 2000s so I don't know if it was a thing online but I never heard that kind of argument in my playgrounds. Our arguments were more Pokemon based when they weren't N64 vs Playstation. No-one in British playgrounds gave a poo poo about Myst.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Uplay is perfectly fine if a little clunky, and you can buy the game on steam if you want.

Yeah seriously, Uplay and Origin are perfectly fine places to buy games.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah like I have a couple of clients on my PC now. Origin's slim enough that I forget it's there and I think Itch.io got a client recently as well. Anyway.

Nier Automata is a very serious game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yooka-Laylee's a nice looking game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Please never stop posting those.

Since videogame site Waypoint is doing a book club type thing about it I'm playing Binary Domain which is an average shooter with a super interesting story.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Brainamp posted:

OG Jet Set Radio. JSRF doesn't have that feature iirc. Also no pc port unlike the original.

JSRF did have the custom tag feature, I remember using it a lot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you're gonna argue that Dogmeat is better than Missile you'll get no support from anyone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mordja posted:

Actually BallisticNG is exactly Wipeout, like, in an "I'm surprised they haven't gotten sued" way. Free too.

You can also give RedOut a look, I've heard good things.

BallisticNG is pretty freaking shameless but I guess being a free game has spared them Sony's wrath so far. Formula Fusion I've not played but also not heard great things about, RedOut is pretty much the new standard for future racing. There's also Grip if you were into Rollcage instead of Wipeout as a kid and that's pretty great though its developing rather slowly.

Speaking of racing games, Dirt 4 came out and it is very good indeed although for some reason fans of Dirt Rally have bombed its reviews on Steam because they think it's too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ramos posted:

Don't expect your opinion of him to change. Riku's like the perfect storm of teenage of appeal, so narrow that you're going to hate him if you aren't in the right age group.

Agreed, I loved Riku playing KH for the first time as a 13 year old but he's just white noise now I'm 28. He's much better in KH2 though, because he's not there for most of it.