Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Elite: Dangerous

I really like rings.

EDF! EDF! EDF! (Earth Defense Force 4.1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's important to note that using one of the game's seven or so different satellite laser weapons is just a normal thing that people do all the time.

Even if Nothung's operators freak out every single time you access it. Apparently you're not allowed to use it, but do anyway in order to build laser catalysed ant fountains.

Relatedly:

EDF 4.1 again:

Fencer re-considers his life choices.

'This path seems blocked'

Dali Parton posted:

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack,
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back,

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Gatorbot posted:

With this coming out PS4 soon, would you recommend it?

More Elite Dangerous:

Truck Simulator's a good comparison and 'slow' pretty much sums it up; getting to where I am now took me a good few months of casual play, but I do really enjoy just chilling out in space.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

My experiences in Holdfast so far have been surreal and wonderful.

When the plan comes together and everyone forms a wonderful firing line, it's great... but that's only part of it.

The real fun comes from forming the travelling band who try to entertain both sides before angry frenchmen try to get you out in a shower of bullets and grenades.

Or from listening to which ever passing officer seems to be either the most well-spoken or insane. This chap, for example, had us all take a knee while he read from the book of Luke and then took us to the local river to be baptised. The fact that said river was the front-line was only a minor concern,