Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

I just started playing the new DOOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016
The light and shadow work in the demo for the Resident Evil game is pretty great. I get freaked out easily in scary video games so these are from early on in the demo.

Fart of Darkness fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 31, 2016

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

Brainamp posted:

That's dark as hell. Do you at least get a flashlight or something, cause that's Doom 3 levels of I can't see poo poo.

Yeah, it's a super dark game. That was at the default darkness setting. I made some more screencaps after raising the brightness, but it's still pretty dark.

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016
I thought I'd try a Star Wars game I'd never played before:

My mission: Fight Imperials:

Chase Adorable Droids:

Fight More Imperials:

Steal The Plans To The Death Star:

Mission Accomplished:

And that's just Level One!

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

Palpek posted:

I almost forgot how much Dark Forces owned. Dark Forces 2 owned even more.

I think I'm going to go through and play all of the old FPS Star Wars games. I missed out on most of them. gently caress, I loved the Episode 1 game for the PS1, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

Mordja posted:

Wait I thought that thread said he was allergic to space otters?

How do you think he found out he was allergic?