Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cast of Characters:

Daytona the Driver, played by Godfish

Madam the Maestro'D, played by KittyEmpress

Doc Irons the Angel, played by Tardzilla

Hearts Hopeless the Battlebabe, played by Rauri

Saffron the Skinner, played by Tricky

-------------------

It's the beginning of another day in Bastion. You can hear the sounds of people moving to the tops of the wall, watching to see who comes in and who leaves. The rain from the past week has faded away, the grimy colors it left splattered all over the hold. The people in the higher class sections are already getting their places cleaned up, those in the lower just add it to what's come down before. The big thing is some new exhibit at The Time Machine.

Doc Irons

Nothing's happened today that requires your attention but the morning's still young. Patches is out so only Mouse is here at the moment. There's a knock at your door, which doesn't go away until you open the door. It's Mother Superior. He's someone who has some kind of ability to psychically go through people's minds so you can imagine he's not very popular. "Uh, down at the Sin Palace. There's someone having some problems, and Preacher sent me. Can you head down there?" Despite what he says, you can see he's hiding something. What do you do?

Madam

What's the big new thing you're revealing today? Your regular crowd is here, waiting for the reveal. What's you're plan? Most of them are just standing or sitting and talking among themselves, but you notice Grit (Lord Paolo) stumbling around a bit. Three guesses how drunk he is. Before you can even think about heading over to him, Neriah practically zips up to where you are and starts talking. "Hey Madam, can't wait to see what you've got! Always a great show. Speaking of, how's it going?" Oh boy. You know this is the beginning of some spiel on how to get more money out of The Time Machine. Doesn't matter what you say - not doing well? This will boost the business back up. Doing okay? This will bring you to the top! Doing great? Why not invest some of your earnings into something that will grow exponentially?

So you've got someone trying to sell you her idea, and a large drunken man who has caused trouble before walking around. What do you do?

Saffron

What important ingredient did you find was missing when you opened up the kitchen today? How do you plan to continue without it for now?

Anastasia Spencer (known elsewhere by her name of Dog Head) bangs her fist on the counter. "Hey Saffron! What's taking so long?" What do you do?

Daytonna

You and Hearts are have just finished business in Dead Scrape, a hold where many of the inhabitants live in giant old buildings that managed to survive after the Golden Age fell. What did you bring here, and what are you taking back? The two of you will need to head back west to get to Bastion, through the sand wastes. There's a good chance of raiders being in the area, the people in Dead Scrape mentioned having to deal with them lately. What do you do?

Hearts

What business did you have in Dead Scrape? Now that the two of you are going through the sand wastes, what's your plan for making sure the two of you get back home in one piece?

Everyone other then Madam, spend 1 or 2 barter for your lifestyle

-------------------

Basic Reference Book

Basic moves covered on page 27-32

HX and NPC sheet

1) Put your character sheet in a quote block on your first post. Keep it updated as the game goes on.
2) Generally one move at a time, ask me if you want to do another one right away.
3) Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hard =0 | Cool =0 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird +1
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 0/5 | 1-barter

Spending one barter for lifestyle.

Jackie is, understandably, a little stressed out with the new exhibit. Fair enough. She can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to her art. We both are, really, maybe that's why we get on so well. But this? This is a new level. Hell, she hasn't even told me what it is yet! How am I supposed to plan hors d'oeuvres to accentuate it if I don't know what's up? How am I supposed to come up with some fancy wine pairings if I don't know if it'll be a red kind of night or a white? I don't even know what I'll do if it turns out to be a exhibit that calls for bubbly. Throw something, most like, then find Grit and take two of whatever he's drinking.

I'm halfway through my prep, sorting out ingredients and chopping vegetables, when I realize I'm missing something important. Salt. Who the hell took my big bag of salt? I was running low after the last few days, sure, but I should have had more than enough to do this gig and cover incidentals til the next shipment. poo poo. Well, there goes my plan to make The Book's 'pico de gallo' and serve it on toasted bread triangles. I'd have to get creative. I finished dicing up the vegetables, sticking them on skewers, and throwing them into the oven to roast just as Anastasia sticks her head into the kitchen.

I'm doing the work of four as I grumble at her, "It's coming, it's coming. Keep your pants on. Send the Madam my way if you get a chance." I stop and sigh. Customer service. Right. I pause, look at her, and add, "Check back in 5, OK? I'll need someone to taste-test."

At this point, I'm really only paying half-attention to her. I'm still in crisis mode. Needed to come up with a replacement. Something with a little oomph. Nothing that would need salt. Maybe I could go sweet? A mite unconventional, but it'd be better than having a riot because these lunatics got too hungry. I scanned the kitchen. Right on. I still had some of those oat bars I had made for the staff a few days back. That, a big bag of apples, and some butter should make a pretty decent bite while I worked on. I kicked in to overdrive as I diced apples, chopped up oat bars, and started mixing the concoction with butter to bind it all together. The timer dinged on the veggie skewers and I flipped them over, sprinkled on a few spices, and put them back in. I could already see Anastasia working her way back towards the kitchen. I just had to promise a sample, didn't I? I rolled up a ball of the apple-oat mixture, rolled it in some sugar, and hit it with a blowtorch. The coating was just finishing caramelizing as she popped her head back in.

I stuck it on a small skewer and offered it her way, "Tell me what you think, alright?"

quote:

@Tricky: 2d6+2 Saffron is both artful and gracious = (3+2)+2 = 7

Spending 1 on Anastasia to have her give me a gift.

The Skinner posted:

Name: Saffron
Look: Woman, Showy Scrounge Wear, Striking Face, Arresting Eyes, Quick Hands, Slim Body
Image: http://i.imgur.com/zwDXnHX.jpg

Stats

Cool =0
Hard =0
Hot +2
Sharp =0
Weird +1

Moves

Artful & gracious: when you perform your chosen art—any act of expression or
culture—or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On
a 7–9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
• This person must meet me.
• This person must have my services.
• This person loves me.
• This person must give me a gift.
• This person admires my patron.
On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply
perform very well.

Hypnotic: when you have time and solitude with someone, they become fixated upon
you. Roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
• Giving you something you want.
• Acting as your eyes and ears.
• Fighting to protect you.
• Doing something you tell them to.
For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can’t act against you. For PCs, instead, any
time you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:
• They distract themselves with the thought of you. They’re acting under fire.
• They inspire themselves with the thought of you. They take +1 right now.
On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.

Gear

Chef’s Knives (2-harm hand infinite)
Long Gorgeous Coat (worn valuable)
Spectacular Tattoos (implanted)
Oddments worth 2-barter

Skinner Special

Choose one:
Activate Hypnotize as if you rolled a 10+ even if you don’t have the move.
Both take +1 forward.
You take +1 forward, they take -1 forward.
They must give you a gift worth 1-barter.

Hx

Which one of you is my friend? “Madam” Jacqueline: Hx+2
Which one of you is my lover? Hearts Hopeless: Hx+1
Which one of you is in love with me? Daytona: Hx-1

Background

Everybody eats, right? No reason we should all be eating grilled rat or boiled roach. I certainly won’t -- not anymore. I don’t remember where it was, back East maybe, but I found The Book when I was still a kid. Diving for rats, actually. Somebody had just tossed it in with the rest of the garbage. The cover was wrecked, but it had beautiful pictures of food inside. Nothing like what I had known, all covered in dirt and gristle. It even told me how to make it all!

I couldn’t make much of it at first, but I kept stealing bits and pieces to create some of the tools I’d need. The ingredients were tougher. The Book started talking to me, telling me where I could find what I’d need. A scraggly plant here. A box of powder there. Soon enough I had enough to start cooking. It wasn’t perfect, not at first, but I kept at it. The Book guided me. Soon enough I had a tidy business selling food in the settlement. It was a comfortable life. I wasn’t satisfied. This was food, sure, but I wanted to create art. The kind of thing the Raider Kings would give up their guns for. The kind of thing that would stop the Storm. Something that not even the people Before could come up with. The real poo poo.

I took to traveling for a while, then I heard of this place. The Time Machine, they called it. Something that seemed straight out of the old world. Heard they had a drat fine chef. That caught my interest. If they were half what I wanted to be, I could learn a hell of a lot. Well, long story short, they weren’t. I challenged this chump to a cook-off. Winner stays, loser walks. I was done walking. The kitchen in this place was amazing. They had more gear than I knew what to do with and ingredients I had only dreamed of. I had found my canvas. Now I just need to create that perfect dish.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hard =0 | Cool +2 | Hot -1 | Sharp +2 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 1/5 | 1-barter

Spending one barter on lifestyle.

When you run the only medical center in the area, it's important to make sure that everything is in the best condition. Every piece of equipment here is like a valuable treasure, and needs to be treated with the utmost of care. We live in a world of violence, and it's almost too easy to find ways to hurt others. Guns and knives are plentiful, and even if you have neither, just about anything you can get a hold of can be used as a weapon, even something as innocuous as a plastic fork. But things that save people? Those are more rare, and precious. Each, and everyone of these, is important, and make a difference when it comes to easing the suffering of others. Those are the lessons I try and drill into my two assistants.

I make my morning rounds around the infirmary, while keeping a mental checklist of things that need to be done. Medicine cabinet properly labeled and ordered? Check. Life support station properly up and running? Check. Surgery equipment sterilized? Check. Clean pair of syringes available? ...Well, they're as clean as they'll ever be, so check. Good, everything is in their proper order.

Patches keeps insisting that I work too hard, and I need to learn to relax. I told her I'll relax when I'm dead, and she replied back with, "Even if you're dead, you'll just come back as an undead mutant fucker and work yourself to undeath." That girl has a smart mouth on her, but she's not wrong. Maybe I do need to relax a little. Things have been quite this morning, so it won't hurt to take a break for a few minutes on the couch. This old thing's been here since we moved in, and Patches and Mouse have spent a good deal of time fixing it up. Patches calls it the "chill-out area." Heh, I guess it wouldn't hurt to "chill-out" for a bit. I'll just sit down, relax my head back, close my eyes, and-

-Have my whole relaxation experience be interrupted by someone knocking on the door. "Mouse! Patches! One of you answer the door!" I yell, but get no reply from either. Oh, yes, I forgot, Patches isn't here. She ran off, saying something about needing supplies for a new formula . "Mouse! I know you're still here! Get out here and answer the drat door already!" No reply. The kid's probably in his room, burrying himself in one of his books again. I swear, those two will be the actual death of me.

I cover my ears with my hands, trying to ignore the knocking, hoping it would eventually stop, but it doesn't. Can't you see I'm trying to relax, dammit!?

I groan, and give up on the idea of relaxation. I make my way to the door, angrily muttering to myself the whole time. I open the door, and say, with my voice full of agitation, "What?"

A short, portly man stands in front of me, and I instantly recognize him from the painted marks on his head. Mother Superior, I think is what they call him. Some kind of psychic. I get even more visibly agitated when he mentions the Sin Palace. If there's one place I don't want to be, it's that debaucherous waste of space. What's more, he's obviously nervous. I can see the sweat pouring down his bald head, and how much he's wringing his hands together. He's hiding something,

I cross my arms, and lean over to the side of the door frame, "Mmhmm," I take my attention away from the nervous man, and rub my chin with a finger, "Someone's having problems, huh? Lots of people have problems around here. Please, tell me, what's so important about your little "problem" that you need me for?"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6-1 Doc Irons is going to manipulate Mother Superior into telling me what he's hiding = (1+2)-1 = 2

Welp at least I get to mark xp!

quote:

Doc Irons
Player: Tardzilla
Playbook: The Angel
Look: Woman, utility wear, haggard face, hard eyes, sturdy body
http://i.imgur.com/Xk4XHQz.jpg

Stats
Cool +2
Hard +0
Hot -1
Sharp +2
Weird -1

Gear
Angel Kit
Stun Gun (s-harm hand reload)
Oddmants worth 2-barter
Utility wear with makeshift body armor (1-armor)

Moves
Battlefield Grace: +1 armor when you are caring for people and not fighting.

Infirmary: You get an infirmary, a workspace with life support, a drug lab and a crew of 2. Get patients into it and you can work on them like a savvyhead on tech.

Crew
Mouse: Known as “Mouse the Meek,” or “Mouse the loving Coward,” depending on who you ask. Feels like he owes Doc and Hearts his life after they saved him. Is a quick learner, and spends most of his time reading old world books. Is usually soft-spoken, and has a bit of a stutter, and hates getting into fights.

Patches: Friend of Mouse’s, and youngest of the three. Is incredibly enthusiastic about everything, and loves to experiment with chemicals, much to Doc’s dismay. If anything blows up, it’s usually Patches’ fault. She’s an expert in chemistry, and is usually the one who creates the medical drugs that Doc uses. Loves to tease Mouse as much as she can.

Angel Special
If you and another character have sex, your Hx with them on your sheet goes immediately to +3, and they immediately get +1 to their Hx with you on their sheet. If that brings their Hx with you to +4, they reset it to +1 instead, as usual, and so mark experience.

HX
Which one of you do I figure is doomed to self-destruction? -2 Madam

Which one of you put a hand in when it mattered, and helped me save a life? +2 Hearts

Which one of you has been beside me all along, and has seen everything I’ve seen? +3 Daytona

Everyone else, you keep your eyes open. Hx +1

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 8, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Saffron: Anastasia puts the ball in her mouth before it even cools. "Nice." She chews on it, tasting it before the ever familiar look of awe comes across her face. You know you have something good. As she eats it, she looks around before taking something out a pocket of hers. "Hey, look what I got." It's some kind of red fluid in a small vial. "It's mace-skunk blood." She grins, and you can see the same red color on her teeth. "Why not spice your food up? Or use it on someone you don't like, either or." She laughs and hands it to you. What do you do?

Doc Irons: Mother Superior starts looking even more nervous somehow. "Uh, well, it's Millions. She was fine this morning, but now she can't do anything but lie down in pain. Aren't-aren't you. You know. A doctor?" He's being honest about this, but at the same time he's looking around your infirmary. You realize if you left it'd be pretty unguarded. Unfortunately, he seems to see that you've figured this out and immediately reaches out and touches your face. You feel his psychic influence reach into your mind. What is something you're afraid might happen in the future? Whatever the answer, Mother Superior now knows. He pushes past you and goes straight to where the various drugs are kept. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"You're right. I am a doctor, but if you think-"

My speech was interrupted as soon as he puts his fingers on my face, and I feel my mind go hazy.

quote:

An image slowly starts to form around the edges of Doc Iron's mind. It shows the inside of the infirmary, except this time, where once was a scene of order is replaced with a scene of chaos. The floor is littered with broken medicine bottles and corpses, and there is blood everywhere. Doc Irons is seen, standing in front of two corpses, her face white as a sheet. The bodies are shown to be Patches and Mouse, laying motionless on the ground. Doc Irons yells, but no actual words come out. She's panicking. She grabs a pair of heart jumpshock patches, her entire body shaking, and tries, desperately, to revive them, to bring them back, but to no avail. She keeps going, and cries for them to get back up. A man is soon seen standing over her. The man looks old, as if he is in his late 60s, and his hair and his beard are both white, and he is wearing the same outfit as Doc Irons. There is a hole in his forehead, the same size as a bullet, and blood is pouring out of the whole. The man speaks, and when he does, his words echo throughout the building.

"You've let them down, like you've let me down."

My mind snaps back to my body, and I stand there, in shock. Patches, Mouse, they were- and why was he there? I thought he was- Oh, right, psychics. Let your guard down for one moment, and they start invading your mind and finding your most personal secrets. And they wonder why I don't like doing business with psychics.

I need to be more careful around him. He's seen into my head, he knows what I'm afraid of. I need to keep calm, and choose my next words carefully.

"I'll help, but I need to know more. Your friend, Millions, was it? How sudden did she collapse? Did she eat or drink anything beforehand? How intense does the pain look?"

"Also," I added, as I see him ready to sift through my drugs, "Is there a reason you have an interest in my drugs table? You aren't thinking of taking anything, are you?" I lower a hand to my holster, ready to pull out my stun gun. He might be a psychic, and he might be able to read minds, but we'll see how well his psychic powers hold up when he's hit with a huge jolt of electricity.

quote:

Alright, I talked it over with Heliotrope, and it looks like Mother Superior is going to try and take my drugs, so I'm going to taze the jerk to get him to stop.

@Hugzilla: 2d6 Going aggro on Mother Superior and tazing the heck out of him = (1+6) = 7

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 11, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I grabbed the vial, giving it a quick sniff. Huh. Definitely smelled, uh, unique. Probably some sort of drug. Might be useful. I'd have to ask The Book about it later. She'd know how to work it in to a new recipe for sure. I stowed it in the spice rack and grinned at Anastasia, "Thanks, Anastasia! I'm always in the market for cool ingredients. Blood, huh, bet that has some cool earthy notes. Well, I gotta get the rest of these apps made up and sent out or the Madam is going to flip her poo poo. Exhibit night, you know?" I winked at her, "My schedule's looking pretty open for a few days. You can always book a private dinner if you want more than a taste."

I busied myself with making and torching more caramelized apple balls. The oven dinged and I pulled out the skewers. They looked beautiful. I'd get these dishes out and circulating. That should buy me enough time to get with The Book and figure out a new plan. Now, where was Birdie? I scanned the room. Jawing with some trumped up raider, as per the usual. Kitchen help, right? I stared at her until she finally looked my way. I emphatically indicated the dishes. She looked appropriately chagrined as she wound her way through the crowd to my window. I cleared my throat, "C'mon, Birdie, I need you on the ball. Tonight is not the night to make new friends. The Madam is going to go nuts if this isn't perfect. Now take these dishes out and get some apps flowing. I'll have another round up in 5, then we'll break for 20 while I get the next course ready." She shuffled back into the crowd, laden down with dishes.

I turned my attention to the Book, running my hand across the ruined cover reverently. I needed her help. She surely would know the perfect recipe for the evening.

quote:

@Tricky: 2d6+1 Saffron Opens Her Brain to The Book = (2+2)+1 = 5

Tricky fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 11, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Doc Irons: Mother Superior, seeing you reach for your stun gun, immediately bolts for a nearby closet. You don't get to him before he slams the door shut. He's probably holding it on the other side to try and stop you from just coming in. You hear him start to ramble answers to your questions. "I dunno, probably ate whatever she normally does? It was over a period of time, she kind of started feeling a burning sensation and then eventually couldn't get up from the pain. Come on, you have to help Millions!" He sounds desperate. What do you do?

Saffron: You flip through the Book. At first, it shows you basic recipes - soup, snacks, desserts. But you see on the list of ingredients that salt is crossed off. Well, you don't have it right now so that might make sense. But then more recipes show up, salt still crossed off...and other ingredients are showing as crossed off too. Yet you know you have them on hand right now. It's random, no discernible pattern to what's being removed. Then you see a recipe for "Disaster" show up. The only ingredient is Mace-Skunk Blood. It has been crossed off. Then the Book closes. What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Cool: +3 | Hard: 0 | Hot: +1 | Sharp: +1 | Weird: -1
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: 0/5 | Barter: 3

Guess Dead Scrape coulda gone better. Not that I care of course - I don't really care about anything - just an observation I can't help but making.

So Daytona and I got picked to deliver a shipment of Madam's fancy wine and cheeses and whatever to the Warlord that runs Dead Scrape, in exchange for Who Cares. It's a way bigger but less fancy place 'an hers... better protected too. Closer to bein a fortress. Probably a good thing we made a show of force, Daytona's formidable vehicle with me sticking out of the top hatch, Sword (my shotgun) ominously in hand as we rolled into 'er center. Guess enough of their welcoming party either knew who I am, or could tell that I won't loving hesitate to gun people down if I need to, that things went Smooth. Daytona made the exchange, I played lookout while they loaded up her vehicle, we left town.

Back when I was under Redbeard? They've bowed down and handed over all their poo poo and begged for mercy just at seein' us. Times change. Sigh. I'd say I miss that bunch, but I don't care about 'em. I truly don't. That just gets you killed, and gently caress if I want that.

Anyways, before we left town, I had a bright idea that I think might just get us through this. See, Daytona's going to be keeping her eyes on the road. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on everywhere else, not letting any Sand Waste Trash sneak up on us. And they'll be keeping their eyes on what I dug up and spiked on the bumper spikes of Daytona's RV - namely, a dozen Raider corpses the Dead Scrape folk dealt with not long ago. Was messy work, but if it gets us home in one piece, was worth it. If they wanna end up like these corpses, they can come challenge us - I've made that plain. 'An if that doesn't seem like a good risk, then they won't. I'm betting they won't.

Gonna burn these clothes before I get back to Saffron of course, not that I'm wearing much at the moment o' course. Don't need 'em - they make you weak. Redbeard taught me that.

Perched atop her vehicle, I call down to Daytona as we speed through the wastes, my blond ponytail fluttering in the wind as we do, eyes ever on our horizons. "Nuthin on my end so far. You still got this?" I peer back out the top of the RV as we make our way, checking that my weapon's loaded by hand as I do. A dozen shells in this semi-auto marvel of a weapon, my one treasure and signature possession. If anyone or thing decides to make its way after us, they're going to taste the sting of my Sword.

Failed a Keep an Eye Out Roll, so holding 1. Spent 1 hold on Barter.

quote:

Name: Hearts Hopeless
Player: Rauri
Playbook: The Battlebabe
Look: Woman, Casual Wear, Striking Face, Frosty Eyes, Athletic Body

Stats
Cool: +3
Hard: 0
Hot: +1
Sharp: +1
Weird: -1

Moves
Ice Cold
When you go aggro on an NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hard. When you go aggro on another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hard.

Impossible Reflexes
The way you move unencumbered counts as armor. If you’re naked or nearly naked, 2-armor; if you’re wearing non-armor fashion, 1-armor. If you’re wearing armor, use it instead.

Sex Move
Cancel other person's sex move

HX
On your turn, ask the other players which of their characters you can trust.
• For the characters you can trust (SUPPOSEDLY EVERYONE), write Hx-1.
• For the characters you can’t trust, write Hx+3.
You are indifferent to what is safe, and drawn to what is not.

Gear
Shotgun - Semi-auto, High Powered (3 harm, close far messy)
Knives - Haft, Blade, Hidden (2 harm, hand infinite)
Oddments worth 4 Barter
Extremely Casual (near naked) clothes
Bike - Detailed Below

Speed: 0
Handling: 1
Armor: 0
Massive: 0
Strengths: Tight, Responsive
Weakness: Skinny
Battle Option: Handling +1
Threat: Wild (to defy danger)
Descriptor: Fucker

Background
Hearts was an orphan that got picked up by a notorious warboss in a fit of pique after a raid
protected by and learned from him and his crew, grew up to be a top enforcer + basically designed for hurting other people, staying alive, and being a completely loyal soldier
then a year or so ago, when she was out completing a mission, they all got betrayed and died - she arrived back at burnt-out base with a lot of corpses and missing loot.
retrieved some stuff of her own, buried people, and then hopped on her bike and left - currently doesn't really have much purpose beyond staying alive, being moderately comfortable, and killing or protecting people for pay.
can see her protecting the Maestro for pay or wanting to stay there because it's nice, trading protecting for transport with Daytona, and going to Doc fairly often to get patched back up.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 14, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Cool +2 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | Barter 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWfGST8rW4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XRkEDCNyUI

One Barter on lifestyle!

Delivering food isn't quite the normal for me - at least not food that isn't canned, sealed and older than I am. All I can say is, Saffron is luck it's me she's dealing with. Your ordinary courier would have eaten and drunk that shipment. Even I was tempted, but I'll have to wait until I'm back at Bastion before I get anymore of our culinary angel's food. As unusual as that delivery was, what I'm bringing back is odder. With clear horizons ahead for now, I look back from the windscreen to stare at the package roped securely down in the back bay. A large, metal cylinder, covered in locks and bolts that have been fused tightly shut. What's inside? No one knows. No one who can read can read what it says, some old, dead language. But La Duke wants it, for whats inside or not I couldn't say, and she's paying me enough that I'm not too fussed on that. I do want to know what's inside though.

With a short sigh I turn my eyes back on the horizon. Won't know until we get there, and I'm not about to try and break out my tools to open that thing inside my Castle. I look up and back at Hopeless' appealing bottom half, shaking my head pointlessly. "Nothing so far." A glance in each mirror confirms it for the moment. Nothing. Not even rocks to run across yet, just an empty field of sand. Not following the roads, where the roads are, for now, with the bandits out in force, I'm sticking to off the beaten path, less chance of a fight out here.

The Driver posted:

Name: Daytona
Stats: Cool +2, Hard =0, Hot +1, Sharp +1, Weird -1

Moves
Combat driver: when you use your vehicle as a weapon, inflict +1harm. When you inflict v-harm, add +1 to your target’s roll. When you suffer v-harm, take -1 to your roll

Reputation: when you meet someone important (your call), roll+cool. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve heard; the MC has them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you take +1 forward for dealing with them as well. On a miss, they’ve heard of you, but the MC decides what they’ve heard.

Gear
magnum (3-harm, close, reload, loud)
oddments (4 barter)
fashion

Car: Castle

Frame: RV (massive 3)
Strengths: off-road, capacious
Looks: powerful, handcrafted
Weakness: slow, loud
Battle Options: +2 armor
Stats: Speed 0, Handling 0, Armor 2, Massive 3

Hx
Which one of you once got me out of some serious poo poo? +1 The Madam
Which one of you has been with me for days on the road? +2 Doc
Which one of you have I caught sometimes staring out at the horizon? +3 Hearts
Everyone else -1

GodFish fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 19, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Daytona: For a while, the drive goes by just fine. The only noise is the sound of the RV and your conversation. That abruptly ends when you suddenly dip downward as a hole opens up when the front tires pass it. It's not a giant hole made to catch an entire car thankfully, just the front part, but it stops you for a moment. Plus, you can hear the sound of Hearts bouncing on the roof. What do you do?

Hearts: When Daytona's car goes down and bounces, it knocks you off your feet. The good news is that you land with your back on the roof of the car and have your gun in hand. The bad news is that from your position you see two cars heading over, but not getting too close. They probably have rifles or something that can reach you guys from over there. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 14, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 1:00 | Experience: 0/5 | Barter: 3

Shoulda known things wouldn't go Smooth. Shaken from my position on the ladder up out the hatch and atop the vehicle as Daytona hits something nasty, my initial survey of my situation reveals three important things. I am still on the RV. There are people coming for the RV now. And I still have my Sword. These Wasteland Trash have just hosed up in a truly massive way... I don't like leaving people that have tried to kill me alive.

"Company on our right, get us movin' again!" I shout down at Daytona as I hop back to my feet, grabbing one of the chains she's got running along the top of this thing for support as I move into position aboard the unbalanced vehicle. There's the desert wind whipping up around us, a hot sun beating down overhead, enemies on the horizon, and my shining chrome weapon and me more than ready to meet 'em. Nothing matters to me, definitely not their lives for sure. They just hosed up our trip, made things unpleasant for me - I don't appreciate that - and they're going to understand why I gave myself the last name Hopeless.

They've got two cars and a horde of idiots with rifles determined to pick me off and shoot up Daytona's ride, and honestly I'm insulted... I've been through situations a thousand times like this before, it's what Redbeard helped prepare me for - what I was born to do. My Sword sings out as I duck and roll for cover, popping up when it's safe to retaliate into the group threatening us. It's uncanny how I dodge fire, shrugging out of the path of bullets, making every shot I sink into their vehicles and their passengers count. Gotten nicked a time or two, but they're definitely worse for wear than I am, despite their numbers. Slightly bloodied and practically dancing about the top of Daytona's vehicle as I return fire, I'm not sure there will be any of them left by the time she gets us out of here.

Whatever Seize By Force (Hearts is surprisingly terrible at this)
@Rauri: 2d6 = (3+4) = 7
Ha! Taking -1 Harm and Inflicting +1 harm. Since they're using Rifles it means that Hearts takes zero and inflicts three on the gang with her shotgun, but lolol its both a small gang so she ends up taking 1 harm, and that result led to me rolling a 12, so nothing matters. Lemme know results from that Helio.

Spending a hold to Direct Daytona's attention to an enemy, giving her an additional option on her seize by force.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 14, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hearts: The shots you both exchange rattle off each others cars. They have some armor on there, but not enough to protect them from your Sword. Windows shatter, a review mirror pops off, some of the passengers duck and yell, trying to avoid flying glass. The driver just keeps on going through, and a bullet hits you in the leg. You stumble, drop the Sword, and tumble off Daytona's car. You grab the edge and mange to slide down, avoiding slamming painfully into the ground, with Sword nearby. But while you try and recover, the raiders have gotten closer. The car stops, and some of them point pistols out the window while the others exit the other side and use the car as cover. "STOP!" One of them shouts. "STOP AND JUST HAND OVER WHAT YOU'VE GOT!" What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

WHUMP WHUMP

The sound is worse than it is as Castle bounces across the hole, but even so I let out a jumble of swear words as I hear Hearts getting tossed around up top. I start to slow down, giving her a chance to get back in position when the other cars show up, so gently caress that! She's good enough at this I don't need to worry about her keeping her feet, so I slam on the gas again, and sure enough moments later I can hear her firing off a burst of shots at the cars. I start swerving, heading towards them, because it's way harder for them to hit Hopeless up there than it is for her to hit them, but I haven't gone far when I see her land in the sand in my mirror. That's not good, and my Castle doesn't exactly do sharp turns... By the time I've turned round to head back for her, the surviving gunners have setup with their car as cover, aiming at Hearts.

Or, as I'd call it, lined up like... people on foot in front of a car. I hit the gas, then with my other foot his the second gas I had installed for moments like this. Get. Fuuuuuuucked!

Okay, second gas pedal may have been overkill. As I hit the first raiders, a splatter of blood sprays up, covering the bottom side of my domed windshield - which is half the point of it - their bodies forced onto the spikes. As the second line of them make contact, the bodies are forced slowly along, until the first bodies are pressed hard up against the already dead Raider's Hopeless had put up there at the start. The last Raider on this side of the car, not having any more spike room to be impaled on, is crushed under the double front left tires, causing the Castle to ride up for a moment, and at that point I turn the windshield wipers on, the back and forth motion flicking blood this way and that as it continues to splatter and spray off the bodies. As it comes down from the corpse on the time bump, it slams into the parked car that had been used as cover to attack Hearts from.

By the time I've smashed through that, the bodies inside it look like a mixture of shredded meat and some kind of jam paste, and the bodies that had been on the spikes are rather... flattened. I come to a stop just in front of Hearts, then slowly reverse, scrapping several bodies off the tires as I back up, coming to a stop a few yards back from her. That looks like... Everyone. "Doing alright Hopeless?" *Whisk Whisk* It takes a bit more wiping before I can see out the window, to get a look at her. "You look a little... bloody."

Seize by Force
SidekickBOT - Today at 12:18 AM
@godfish: 2d6 = (6+6) = 12
With Hearts' bonus, that's...
• You inflict terrible harm (+1harm).
• You suffer little harm (-1harm).
• You take definite and undeniable control of it.
• You impress, dismay, or frighten your enemy.
PER Ramming someone with a Vehicle, that's 3 harm AP +1 for Terrible, +3 for Massive

GodFish fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 14, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cool -1 | Hard +1 | Hot +2 | Sharp +1 | Weird 0

Today was the day. The biggest day for the Time Machine in awhile. Only a few of my most trusted crew knew what was coming in - and I was making it special. Everyone was here, even Cash - she was sort of involved in the deal after all, since she got me the lead from contacts still out scavenging like she is. This was gonna be a big event, so I had the best of the best in entertainment today - not only was Saffron making something up that I knew would be delicious, but we had a special bit - live music, from Twitty, who uh, well, she's an interesting girl that's for sure, been with the gang for a long time, and I don't think she's ever really been useful - it's why she got her nickname. But she's cute, and when I told her I wanted her to learn the songs we have on record, she said sure. It was pretty good, if I say so myself.

All in all, it was all going well, until the 'Lord' decided he needed to start stumbling - I already knew what that meant, and when I said my establishment was to have no outside alcohol, he was who I was targeting, really. I honestly didn't know why he came here - most people came to relax, talk to people they'd otherwise have to be shooting with, take in the atmosphere... he honestly seemed to hate all of it, and just come so he could say he came. His money was good though, he paid for his entries, and ate enough of Saffron's food that I couldn't just kick him out and ban him - besides the fact that I don't really need a raider leader planning to come hurt me, eh? So when he got too drunk, we'd escort him out, and when he wasn't, we'd scold him and tell him not to do it again, knowing he'd be back with more money soon enough.

Most days weren't days like today - we got new items, classic items at that, very rarely. As in, this was the first time since the Time Machine opened that I brought in something that I could keenly say is probably from well before the world went to poo poo. Sure, I've had a few pieces of imitation work added, because I provide a bit of patronage to people who want to try and make art that isn't just rusted metal on rusted metal, and painted in blood, but never something like this. It's a statue, or... well, a head of a statue or something. Apparently a group Cash knows found it, but left it because it wasn't worth anything to them, so then when they got drunk and were talking about how eerily realistic it was, she knew to get ahold of me.

Neriah was a pain, but she was less of a pain than Paolo, and well, she might have spent less money per visit, but at least she came consistently enough. Again, I couldn't just run away someone who makes up my clientele so easily, so I smile when she rushes up to me, "Ah, Neriah, darling, how wonderful to see you, so glad you could make it for tonight's event. Business is as well as you can expect these days, I hear Jorgie got-got by some rival raiders, so that explains why she hasn't been coming around these days - but I think the one who offed her apparently came in tonight, going by Rochelle off the list we had. So you know, business is staying stable, even with unfortunate accidents." My focus is less on her though, and more watching Paolo, because I did -not- want to deal with his idiocy ruining this evening.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hmph. Mother Superior is lucky that my reactions aren't what they used to be. A few years ago, I would've shot him before he even had a chance to blink. Still, he's got the message, and now he's locked himself in the broom closet. Annoying, but at least now I can talk to him without him trying to do his weird psychic mind-reading bullcrap or trying to steal my carefully organized medicine. I should kick him out for the headache he's been giving me. Tell him to get lost, and wish him luck in finding another doctor that isn't me. But I can't do that, can I? All it'll do is bring down more heat on us in the future, and besides, I swore an oath to heal the sick, and what kind of person would I be if I abandoned that oath because of one annoying prick?

I listen to him ramble. Hm, it does sound serious, but I can't leave the infirmary unprotected. If Patches was here, I'd put her in charge of looking after the place like I usually do, but she isn't. The one time I need that drat girl. Only other way is to have them bring her here.

"First off," I say, while leaning my back to the door, "You should know my services don't come cheap. Preacher should know that. Second, the condition your friend is in sounds serious, and while I can make my way to the Sin Palace to see her, she'd receive much better treatment if you brought her here. You can do that, can't you?"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+2 Doc Irons is going to read Mother Superior = (4+3)+2 = 9

Using the hold to ask "How could I get Mother Superior to bring Millions to the infirmary?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

All I can do is stare as it happens.

Trust me, I'd been ABOUT to grab Sword up from the sand, see what I could do. Way I figure it, prolly taken another round or three, and in exchange they'd have all been dead. Not a great deal for them, and not exactly one I'm eager to sign up for... it's horrible what a lucky shot can do, or a wound that just happens to get infected too quick. Regardless, looks like what I gotta do, savvy?

Except Daytona must'a wheeled that rig of hers around and they somehow didn't see her plan coming - and what a plan it is! Simple, direct, brutally effective. Again, all I can do is stare as she just plows through them, an entire Raider band made roadkill of in mere seconds - but what glorious seconds! She rolls to a stop, backs up, and turns her wipers on, joking that I look bloody. Oh yeah, I got shot in the leg or something, stings some. Probably should get that treated eventually, just a scratch right now though. "Hah, doing fine thanks ta' you! That was..." I search for a word to describe the sanguine grandiosity I'd just witnessed, but come up short. "That sure was something, alright. drat nice something too, ha!"

Flipping my Sword out of the sand and into my hands, and from there to the sling I have for it on my back, I trek over to the mangled corpses trailing behind her RV, willing to check their pockets and weapons for anything shiny. "Keep the car goin' - gonna see if they brought us anythin' valuable." Seems fair we go fifty-fifty on anything I find, she did kill most of 'em after all, while I got shot and saw 'em coming.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 15, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Madam: "Stable, eh?" Neriah says. "Well, along my travels I've come across something that could help you out. After all, what if one of your customers doesn't make it back? I know you've been hesitant about allowing alcohol, but - "

She gets cut off as Paolo suddenly starts yelling. He takes a bottle out, looks at it, and then - incredibly fast for a man his size - whirls around to face Anastasia. "Dog Head you gently caress!" is what he screams as he throws it at her. The bottle smashes against her head, spraying glass and booze and blood everywhere. She seems more amused by it then worried. What do you do?

Saffron: Anatasia peeks her head into the kitchen, blood, booze, and glass falling to the ground. "Hey! Hey Saffron! Check this out!" What do you do?

Doc Irons: "Well, I mean. I could. I guess. But I'm not sure if I should move her." You can tell he might sort of believe that, but really you being out and nobody guarding the drugs is what he had been hoping for. He does have sincerity about wanting to help her though, as much as his addictions might be causing him to try this stupid and failed attempt at robbery. If you offered him something small you could part with (like a single chillstab), he'd probably be willing to cut his losses and bring her here. What do you do?

Hearts: Most of their stuff is gone, along with them. However, one of the raiders had a gold-colored locket that somehow fell to the ground and avoided getting run over. Sadly it doesn't look that great - you might be able to get a single nice meal with it or something. But a piece of paper sticks out the center, and looking at it closely you see written on it is "2 <3s" What do you think of this? Do you wish to see what the message is? What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Thanks!" I give her a thumbs up through the window, then swing a stick over to hold the wheel in place and another to keep Castle's engine idling, and get up out of my seat. Got something to do before Hearts gets back in here. I make my way over to one of the shelves jammed full of stuff and pull out a tarp, tossing it down on the floor leading from the door to the small room that used to be a shower. Well it still is a shower, but it's got a lot less water than usual. Still enough for the job - even if most of it is recycled. That done, I push open the door and lean out to take a look at Hearts' search. "Anything good? And no, I meant you're covered in blood. Their blood. When you get inside it's straight to the shower for you." I grin, but I'm serious. Not getting the inside of my Castle all bloody!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Ah well, not gonna complain about her obliterating them all too badly for me to loot their corpses since it was such a drat good save - besides, managed to find something. Retrieving it off the ground, I hold this gold-colored locket up and into the light of the desert sun, evaluating it's worth and showing Daytona what I found - she seems to be walking over, so might as well.

"Hah, am I that bloody?" I look down at myself real quick, sort of understanding her point. I mean, it's not THAT much blood, I think she's overreacting, but at this point whatever. "Fine, shower it is. Found this." I hold it up so she can see it again, noticing the message as I do. "Two Hearts... huh." I verbalize as I read it, pretty sure that's what it means. Or is it a math problem? I have no idea, but I'm definitely reading this weirdass letter - whoever it belonged to originally won't mind, since they're loving dead.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hearts: You open it, and it's a small strip of paper. The writing is small, so as to be able to fit in. There's a blank space between the letter and the part you saw, presumably so it could be stuck out and attract your attention.

quote:

hello Hearts. You're alive. Been looking. Never finished work at Redbeard's. Will rectify that. See you soon

What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I give a long sigh. "drat addicts," I mutter under my breath. I push myself off the door, and head to the drug table. If I was a more vindictave sort, I'd give him the drugs that'd leave him making GBS threads his pants for days. He's lucky I'm not that person anymore.

"You can come on out now," I yell at him, "No-one's going to hurt you anymore." Not unless you try and steal my drugs again. "Let's make this simple," I turn to him, and dangle a chillstab with my fingers, "Bring your friend here, and this'll be yours. Free of charge. Are we clear?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Two hearts that beat as one sorta thing? Love note? Chuck me the locket?" I hold a hand up for her to toss it, I've got just the place in mind for it, dangling from my rear view mirror. For now. Might be good enough to cover Hearts' treatment with Doc Irons, if it is, that'll work. "What's the note say?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

That was... that wasn't a good sign. I was still trying to wrap my head around The Book's revelations when the bottle exploded. From the force of the throw and the roar it sounded like Grit was deep in the bottle. I'd have to go out there and do something about it. I did have a bit of a softer touch with the man than Jackie. Anastasia's bloodied face popping into the kitchen made my decision for me. poo poo was getting crazy out there.

I sighed, "Sure, be there in a second. I just need to wipe this up." I got out a rag and maneuvered the worst of the glass and blood into the corner. Birdie could take care of the rest. If I could find her. She was slippery like that.

I slipped on my coat, made sure my knives were in easy reach, and sauntered out onto the floor. Heads swiveled my way. Perhaps they found me attractive. Perhaps they just knew I was the best drat cook in the wastes. Either way, the attention felt good. Nothing like when I was digging for grubs in the junkheap.

I walked up to Grit -- excuse me, 'Lord Paolo' -- and ran my finger up his chest, "Heya, Paolo, what's going on? You know that poo poo doesn't fly in here. Let's all just calm down, take it outside, and enjoy the evening." I put on a bit of a pout, "C'mon, do it for me? I'm sure I can make it worth your while."

quote:

[08:16:05] <Trickier> Saffron seduces/manipulates Grit
[08:16:08] <Trickier> !r 2d6+2
[08:16:10] <Krysmbot> Trickier, 5+2 =

Asking: Grit to chill out and take his business outside.
Leverage: Our friendship and promises of affection.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Doc Irons: The door slowly opens, and Mother Superior awkwardly walks out. He sees the offer you're making, and nods. "Yeah. Okay. Just wait here, I'll try and get her here. Uh, thanks." His eyes stick to the chillstab. "I think Preacher wanted to talk to you too, so maybe he could come here and talk to you about price or whatever?" He seems ready to head out, unless you have some other instructions to give him. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Yea, tell Preacher he can come, but he can't have anyone else with him. It has to be just him, and Millions. No one else. And no weapons, you got that? Now go," I wave my hand at him, signaling him to leave, "The sooner you can get them here, the sooner you can get your prize."

So much for a quiet morning, but this was the life I chose, I suppose. "Mouse!" I yell out, loud enough for him to hear it this time, "Prepare the operating table! We have a job to do!"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

That's a poo poo letter to get, to be honest. Sooo... somebody wants me dead. Same assholes that killed Redbeard and the rest of my old crew. Sent this whole group of wasteland trash at us just to let me know. Hmm. Joke's on them - I don't care about anything, myself included, but I would just LOVE the chance to kill the people that murdered Redbeard.

"Just mushy stuff," I report to Daytona, tossing her the locket as I stuff the note into my pocket. "Not tha' fun kind either, ah well." She's got the locket, she should be happy. As the two of us reboard her 'Castle' as she loves to call it, I'm willing to listen to her about taking a shower. Obviously I don't have to - not many people can make me do anything - but if she's supplying the water I'll take a free shower. Should be back to the Hold soon, and to Saffron. Wanna be cleaned up for that.

There's not a lot of water, but I've managed to wash most of the blood off as I emerge, throwing my dirty clothes back on since they're all I have, even if they're barely better than rags at this point. Pretty sure she can see me in the rearview mirror, but being naked in front of other people has long since stopped bothering me.

Grabbing my shotgun and stowing my dozen knives back away secretly into various folds and tears in my clothes and boots and belt, I shake my head to dry my hair out more and journey next to her, practically hopping into the passenger seat, shotgun in my lap. "Makin' good time?" I inquire, even as I look back towards the ladder towards the top of the RV. "Need me back on guard duty?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Shame." I look the chain around the mirror, letting the golden locket dangle down where it'll catch the light and reflect it around the cabin as it rotates and bounces as we make our way across the desert, it's a nice addition. Be a bit of a shame to get rid of, really... Ah well, eyes on the road Daytona, or the empty tracks of desert ahead of us. No more cars on the horizon for now. Well... maybe eyes on the mirror with that excellent view of Hearts naked. "Fairly. The attack slowed us down, but haven't seen anything since. Could you use you up there once we get a bit closer, but it's windy enough we won't have to worry about being followed from the wreck. I'll be pulling us over to take the bodies off in a bit, that'd be a good time. For now just enjoy the ride." I look over at her and grin, leaning back in my chair. The driver and passenger seats in my Castle are the most cushioned seats I could find in all the wastes.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Doc Irons: By the time Mother Superior returns with Preacher and Millions, Mouse has helped you set the table up and Patches has returned. Mother Superior takes the chillstab and runs off, while Preacher sits down as your two assistants start setting things up. He isn't armed and he did come by himself. Or so it looks like anyway. "Doc Irons. I do have some interesting matters to discuss with you, but I assume we'll hold off until you see what's wrong with her?" What do you do?

Daytona: The two of you make it back to Bastion without another incident. Once the guards see it's you, the gates open up and you're back in. As you drive Castle in, you see III waving to you, ready to talk to you about your delivery back. They work for La Duke - she generally doesn't talk to people by herself. What's III like? What do you do?

Hearts: Daytona seems to be dealing with III right now. Do you want to hang around, visit Saffron, or visit Doc Irons? The injury isn't too bad, it could go away on it's own. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

A few minutes after Mother Superior left, Patches returns back to the infirmary, carrying a big haul of... actually, I have no idea what it is. I've stopped trying to understand her methods a long time ago. "Nice of you to finally join us, Patches." I wave a hand to the corner, "Now put all that... whatever it is away. There's work to be done." Patches gives me a dejected look, and I return that look with a glare, "You'll have time to mess around with your experiments later. Go help Mouse set up the equipment."

Preacher arrives soon after with Millions. I motion for Mouse to take Millions, and lay her on the operating table. Preacher came alone and unarmed, as instructed, but you can never tell with men like him. "Hmph," I say while slapping on a surgical glove, "We can talk after I'm done diagnosing the problem." I approach the table where Millions is. Hm, Mother Superior wasn't exaggerating about her condition. It's a wonder the girl hasn't passed out from the pain yet. Hm, haven't I read of a condition like this before? "Mouse, go get one of the old medical books. I think I might know what's wrong with her, but we need to make sure."

Using the infirmary to start a project with Millions.
What is the nature of her affliction, and how can it be cured?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 3:00 | Experience: 0/5 | Barter: 3

Hopping out of Daytona's truck, I sheath Sword away in the sling on my back, wiping the hair out of my eyes against the wind as I examine the hold we just drove into. Seems she's got the shipment covered, which means all I gotta do is decide what I wanna do. Could get this legshot looked at, but... nah. Not so bad, just a graze really - don't think I'll mind the scar too bad, got enough already that one more won't hurt. It's stopped bleeding too, so it's fine. Besides, don't want lectured by Doc for the thousandth time, even if she means well.

Could head to the Time Machine. Madam's place probably pretty interesting this time of day... bet I can throw out a surly drunk or two, get a free drink. If Saffron's working I might even get better food 'an is normally served, not that it's bad to begin with. And speaking of her, I got some thoughts on how to spend our evening...

Yup, Time Machine it is. "Lookin' forward to working with ya again," I call to Daytona as I give her a sarcastic wave, spinning about and marching towards the fancy restaurant my lover works in. Wonder what she's cooking today?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 23, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Doc Irons: You and the two of your assistants get working. Millions tries her best to stay still on the table, but she's not very successful. You might be able to find out what's going on, but getting as much information as possible is going to take a while - aside from trying to find out what exactly matches what's happening you might need to ask her some questions and that's going to be difficult in her current condition. What do you do?

Spend a few hours here, or you won't get as much information

Saffron: Grit starts coughing. "Fucker put a few drops of that weird poo poo she's been carrying in my drink." He's a tough guy though and it wasn't a lot - seems like he might be fine in a moment. "Do something about it if I can't then." Do you want to take sides here? Dog Head works for Queenie and you and her already don't get along that well. What do you do?

Hearts: You head over to the Time Machine. The people outside are clearly listening to what's going on inside, and you hear some yelling. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Mm. This is going to take longer than I thought, and I'm guessing Preacher isn't willing to wait that long. "Patches, Mouse, I need you both to administer the anesthesia, enough to get her to calm down. I'm going to go check on our little "guest.""

I leave the two, and sit beside Preacher. "Whatever it is, it's bad, but not incurable. It'll take a few hours to find out what's wrong, and a few more to cure her of her current condition. We'll have to keep her here overnight." I pause for a second before I continue. Nothing good comes from dealing with men like Preacher, but he did come alone, and he did come unarmed (as far as I can tell), so I should give him the benefit of the doubt and hear what he has to say. "So, you said you had something to discuss with me?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I brake slowly, pulling my Castle to a stop a few feet from Ill and head to the door, giving Hearts' a wave goodbye as she goes off. Well, her part is done, after all. "Hey Ill, where ya want me to park this?" I gesture back into the storage section with my thumb, indicating the strapped up canister. "You'll want a couple people to take this, it's small but heavy." Ill is... La Duke can be charming when she wants, but she's mostly hard business. Ill isn't, he's a talker. Pretty friendly too, unless you're challenging La Duke -she saved his life or something. "You got a clue what this is? Dead Scrape guys didn't seem too happy to be trading it, but I doubt any of em know what it is any better than I do."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Doc Irons: Preacher frowns when you say that. "That's unfortunate." He doesn't seem to be happy at the news, but you can see he accepts that you're going to have to take that long. When you mention talking to him, he looks at you. "Are you sure you want to know right now? Might be a better idea to finish the work first." His eyes dart back to the operating room, where your two assistants are working. "Less distractions that way." He moves his eyes back to yours. "But if you want, yes, we can begin discussing it now." What do you think he's getting at here? What do you do?

Daytona: III motions a couple of strong people nearby, and they begin lifting it. "Yeah, heard a little about it. Kind of smaller then I thought it would be honestly." When you ask what it is though, he hesitates for a moment. "Oh, uh. Sort of. Not all the details, but enough. But, uh, don't think I'm allowed to tell you about it Daytona. No offense, those are orders from La Duke. The Dead Scrape folks got a good deal for it though, so don't worry about them. Did you encounter any trouble on the way back?" He asks this in a casual manner, but you sense he's really paying attention to the answer you're going to give him. What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 3:00 | Experience: 1/5 | Barter: 3

Hmmm... lotta commotion out here. Not what I wanted to come back too. We had to fight people out there, I'm supposed to get to relax here - Madam's sweet on me, and Saffron works here. Ah poo poo, I gotta check and make sure they're both alright. They can take care of themselves, but you never know what's gonna happen... competent people can die, and have, while I've been away for only a few hours. I don't really care about them, but it'd be kinda a shame to see either of 'em dead.

Pushing my way through the crowd, reaching to my back and drawing my Sword, I step into the Time Machine, eager to see if anyone's being too aggressive and if I can put a stop to it. Shouldn't take anything more than threatening a little casual violence with a shotgun known around these parts for filling people full of daylight.

<Rauri> Hearts Read a Sitch
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+1=4
<Rauri> :x

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 19, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 0:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 1-barter

I tilt my head, concern showing on my face. So that's what the blood did. If a few drops could cause Grit to erupt into coughing fit, what might more do to a person? The Book said I would need more of it. Dog Head - Anastasia - had been pretty accommodating so far, despite her bitch of a boss. Maybe I could defuse the situation and come out ready to face whatever -- whoever? -- was coming for the Time Machine. I couldn't let them destroy my kitchen, after all, not when I was so close.

Of course, the raiders did think mostly with their stomachs. This skirmish might turn into a riot if these babies started getting hungry. I'd need to make it quick -- Birdie would be back for another round of apps in a minute or two. With the clock firmly in mind, I looked at Grit, "Don't worry about it, Paolo, I got this. Just take a breather outside, okay?"

I snake my way back through the crowd and quickly find Dog Head. She's still bleeding a bit, but seems more excited about the whole situation than anything. What a bunch of lunatics. I smile at her, "Hey, Anastasia, what's the beef with Paolo? You know the Madam doesn't like it when things get heated inside -- especially not if drinks are getting spiked."

quote:

[08:50:01] <Tricky> Saffron reads Dog Head
[08:50:02] <Tricky> !r 2d6
[08:50:04] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 10 =

Holding 3 and spending one to ask "How could I get Dog Head to give me all of the mole rat blood?", +XP.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Saffron: She laughs. "Oh come on I was just kidding around. He's fine already, look at him. Not like I'd use all of it anyway - I gave you the only other vial I have left." She seems like she wants to hold on to that one - you'd probably have to buy it off her or give her something good in exchange. Hearts walks in just about then, looking at the situation. "Hold on for a moment," she says right as she pulls out a large machete and heads right on over to Hearts. What do you do?

Hearts: Looking around, you can see the security is taking notice of you. You and Saffron might be close, but if it came down to protecting you or the Time Machine's clients they're going to choose the clients. But as your hands reach Sword, you suddenly see someone putting a giant blade to your throat. It's Dog Head, grinning as she practically dares you to continue, blood staining her hair. "Woah now Hearts, you're not thinking of shooting anyone are you?" Why does Dog Head hate you? You can see Queenie is observing this, but not stepping in. She probably will if you start fighting back though. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Hey, no problem, I gotya." I was hoping he'd be loose tongued enough to just tell me, but I can't say I didn't expect him not to. "Were you expecting some? We didn't have much, a couple of desert raider cars attacked us, Hearts took out a few and my Castle," I reach out to pat the dashboard lovingly a few times, "handled the rest. Didn't seem like enough of an attack to really be serious about capturing whatever that thing is though. Just a chance encounter in the desert." I look at him curiously - he obviously was expecting something from that, but what? What's he worried about?

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:01 PM
@Daytona (godfish): 2d6+1 read a person (Ill) = (5+6)+1 = 12
Spending a hold to ask What's Ill really feeling?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 3:00 | Experience: 1/5 | Barter: 3

There's a machete at my throat and a crazy bitch at the other end of it. "Good to see you again Dog Head," I mutter.

To be honest, not sure why she hates me. Maybe she's jealous of my rep, maybe she's envious that I don't look like poo poo, maybe she's got herself feelings for Saffron and thinks I'm in the way or some poo poo - doesn't matter, we've never gotten along and this is honestly a long time coming. Not sure this was the time or place for it, but I'm not putting up with some dumb fucker putting a weapon to my neck. She's not security here, neither am I - this is a dispute she could've avoided, but I'm gonna end pretty fast.

<Rauri> Go Aggro on Dog Head Do Something Under Fire
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+3 = 13
<JusticeGrieves> Sorry about your lack of mating pairs there, Shoota
Well Hearts has a Knife out now.

While she's distracted by Sword, I reach with my other hand towards my waistband, producing a knife and pressing it to her gut just about before anyone can blink, let alone react. "Shooting, not so much." With her blade at my throat and mine at her stomach, I know which of us I'd bet on to win (well survive after the battle longer, there are no winners in a knife fight) if we were equals. We're not, though - I'm still alive because I'm loving good at violence, much better than this dead woman could hope to be.

Maybe that's why, with both of us inches away from murdering the other, I react quicker. She tenses up and is about to go for my throat when I jerk back, using the sudden momentum and turning my wrist just right to disembowel her. "Stabbing, though?"

<Heliotrope> If all you care about is hurting each other, Act Under Fire could cover getting your knife out and then Single Combat would be what you roll
<Rauri> luckily hearts is suprisingly terrible at single combat
<Rauri> and I never get to roll the move I am good at
<Rauri> but whatever, rolling that
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10 = 10
<Rauri> hahaha
<Rauri> thank you pure luck
Dealing 1 extra harm, -1 for her armor (for 2 total) and taking one less (so with armor, -3 total). EDIT: After Saffron's interference, removed the 1 extra harm option due to having a 9 instead of a 10, therefore Dog Head takes 1 harm total.

<Heliotrope> Also Rauri roll your Harm roll, it can still kick in at 0
<Rauri> wait really?
<Rauri> uhh I am so bad at this game
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9 = 9

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm 0:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 1-barter

As Dog Head makes her move, I sputter out, "Hey, Dog Head, wait-" It was too late. She picked the one goddamn person in the room you just didn't want to gently caress with. Hearts Hopeless, in the flesh, and, uh, not much else. Something about the strange juxtaposition of the blood running down her leg and the fancied up duds most of the raiders were wearing just worked for me. She was honest about herself, you know? Nothing to hide. All that aside, though, she was probably going to kill Dog Head, get into a scrap with security, and banned from the premises. Not ideal, especially since I was hoping to treat her to a meal later on.

The two lock blades before I can really do anything, but I shout at the pair, "Are you two crazy? You know the rules! Keep it outside!" Oh, god, they were going to kill each other. Then everyone else would want to join in on the fun. The Madam was not going to be happy.

quote:

[20:02:15] <Trickier> Eh, what the hell. Saffron dramatically shouts at everyone to stop fighting at the art show! (Interfere w/ Hearts's single combat)
[20:02:19] <Trickier> !r 2d6+1
[20:02:20] <Krysmbot> Trickier, 6+1 =

Single Combat drops to a 9, hopefully saving Dog Head a harm.

• Locked thread