Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace

quote:

Intruder is an immersive, team-based first-person shooter with deadly gunplay, interactive environments, and spatial audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pawmqi4CTS4

Each round has the team of Guards do their best to protect the map's objectives from the team of Intruders.

Highlights:
  • Spatial audio – Anyone who’s nearby can hear you when you talk, so be wary.
    Teammates also can’t talk after they’re dead, so be sure to check who’s left alive occasionally – if you know where they were when they you last heard from them, you know where to look!
  • Crawling through vents – Listen to the enemy team wonder where you are while you sneak over their heads.
  • Hand signals – For when you’re sneaking around together and need to be quiet (only your teammates can hear when you click your fingers, useful to check if allies are nearby silently or catch their attention).
  • A bunch of gadgets – Including a mirror cam to check around corners, deployable laser sensors to warn you when people are near an objective or to set up traps, explosive charges, decoys, and bananas.
  • Balance/energy system – To stop run and gunning, your aim is affected by your current balance and energy. If you’ve been running around your balance will be off and your aim will be all over the place for a bit, and your low energy might cause your character to breath heavily, giving away your position.
  • Moderate indie jank

How to Play

Some basic keys and info you should know to get started in a game:
  • Hold C to push to talk – anyone around you can hear you when you use this.
  • Press F to switch to your radio – hold left mouse and talk to broadcast to the rest of your team (note that people nearby will still be able to hear)
  • Use the mouse wheel to open/close doors – scroll it away from you to push the door, and towards you to pull it.
  • Sometimes doors will be locked – press 9 to switch to your lockpick and use left click to get it open
  • V is the use key – press to pick up items, read notes, use keypads
  • Press I to look at your inventory – here you can click on an item to see descriptions for the gadgets you have, and assign items you’ve picked up into an inventory slot.
I’ll add more info if there’s interest.

More Info

I picked up this game a couple of weeks ago (it’s a mere $10 from the website’s store) and I’ve had a lot of fun with it.

The community has been great (you can join the official Discord at http://superbossgames.com/Chat), but note there aren’t always people on – however, you can install a chrome/firefox extension to alert you when there are games going, and in my experience if you start a game it always fills up quickly.

Post here or add me in game (ciaran) if you join up, and I’ll make sure we can get a game going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

So it's budget Rainbow Six Siege?

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
It's similar to a realism mode siege round I suppose, but more laid back and with more crazy/inventive stuff happening.

• Locked thread