Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
If you're talking about the minor slip-up concerning my info, it really is nothing to worry about! I like my santee's taste, I'll have to go shopping for something weird to surprise him/her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Already got my Santee's gift today. They're in for a treat.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

Posted just now. Fingers crossed that my santee likes it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I figured out what my Santee is getting! :dance:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I am locked into what my Santee is getting too, I just need to find it in town!

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
sent out my santee's gifts :wedass:

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
Dear Santa,

I have just updated my OP with some more info. Hopefully I have not waited too late! I have been a very good boy this year and will be leaving out milkbourbon and cookies by the fireplace for you!

Thanks!
wintermute

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I just got my gift in the mail today... trying to decide if I should open it now or wait until it's closer to Christmas.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

I am locked into what my Santee is getting too, I just need to find it in town!

Failed at finding what I had locked into in town, but found a suitable, more recently published, replacement. Hopefully my Santee has not read it already!

Sending it off with Rudolph and his helpers at Canada Post in the am.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the gift to my santee is on the way. I'm so excited :peanut:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I return from the post office, gift having been sent!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I've just posted mine, too.

E: Good news for my guy, I've just realised I accidentally ordered express airmail instead of normal, so your present should be with you even sooner than expected!

Safety Biscuits fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 4, 2016

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
Books purchased for my Santee, they ought to be here next week so I can ship 'em!

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
Dear Santa,

Got the (first) book you bought me (you mentioned you wanted to do several spaced out over the month, which is an awesome idea). Thank you! As you mentioned in your gift comment, Kindle books are FANTASTIC and I would be pleased as punch if the trend continued.

PS. Don't spoil the surprise of who you are until it's all over!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Check out what arrived today!

I'm not allowed to open it until I get my gift sent out at the very least, but never fear postee, it arrived safely.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 9, 2016

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Megabound, I think I can see a name on that parcel; you might want to cover it up. It's great you've got your present though.

If you haven't posted/emailed to say you've sent a gift yet, please let me know if you've sent it. If you haven't sent it, please try to do it by this weekend - the rules say December 9th but I think that's a bit conservative and this weekend should be fine.

This isn't a threat! I just want to know things are moving smoothly for everyone.

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
I made the excellent mistake of ordering books online for my person and none of them have turned up yet so that I can send them back out. Don't worry though, they will be on their way as soon as they arrive here assuming they arrive on time and otherwise I'll get something sorted.

Also, what's this?

Could it be?

It is!

This looks wonderful (though emotionally trying!) - I couldn't find your username within the package but thank you so much whoever you are!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

a gift arrived today!

that Bosnian book looks especially amazing. thank you so much Santa! :yayclod:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Book has arrived for my Santee, it's wrapped and ready to go but I won't be able to post it until Friday

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I nearly had a major screw up...

I went to the post office today to mail off the package to my Santee, and the clerk told me they couldn't ship it because the address didn't exist in the zip code. I gave him a WTF look and brought it back home. I just doubled checked the address to the pm Safety Biscuit sent me and now realize I missed one digit of the street number. I fixed it and will try again tomorrow.

Phew!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks for the updates guys!

Some really nice cover designs in this thread.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Doubleposting because I'm the OP and I can.

Someone asked in PM if there's a rule about revealing your Santa status, and I hadn't thought about it. There's nothing in the OP about it, but tradition seems to be that one goon posts they opened the gift and then Santa reveals that it was them. Some people, like me, put signed notes and stuff in their packages, which definitely implies that you're supposed to know afterwards. I think the idea is that knowing beforehand takes some of the mystery away?

Anyway, do what you feel best, I suppose - but please take credit for giving someone a great present! Saying thank you properly is an important part of spreading the Christmas cheer, and if you've done a good thing you should feel good about it.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Package successfully shipped! My Santee should get it next Wednesday.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo. This is amazing. Thank you so much Santa. I have wanted the Annotated Lovecraft since it was released. I have had wanted to read A Edible History of Humanity for a very long time. This is amazing. Thank you so much.

I will most likely be up all night reading the Lovecraft and save the Edible for my long drive home. Thanks!!

(My wife made fun of me because I was jumping up and down)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Package sent, hope you like it Santee

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After much delay, I shipped off my gift to my Santee, should be there in 5 days.

I hope they enjoy

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
I've got the last of my Santee's books today, and now I'm just needing to ship.

Anyone know how to ship from US to Canada without costing a billion dollars?

nefarias bredd
May 4, 2013
Posted my Santee's present yesterday, should get there on Monday!

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I couldn't resist the temptation any more and opened up the package from my Secret Santa. I got two books that I'm very excited to read.

The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones
This fits one of my ideas of getting me into more non-fiction. An account of an English dynasty era that I've seen referenced many times but actually know little about. It looks like it has a style of explaining the history and stories in a narrative and engaging way. This sentence alone from the blurb makes me want to start reading it: "This is the era of chivalry, of Robin Hood and the Knights Templar, the Black Death, the founding of Parliament, the Black Prince, and the Hundred Year’s War."

North American Lake Monsters: Stories by Nathan Ballingrud
A collection of short stories that mixes together struggling working class people with some kind of supernatural horror element. I started reading this last night and got through the first couple stories. They are somewhat dark and depressing in style but they are really well written and I enjoyed them a lot.

Thanks for the books chernobyl kinsman! You picked a couple good ones!

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
awesome man, i'm really glad you like them! ballingrud is one of my favorite living horror writers so i'm happy you dig him. if you like the plantagenets, dan jones wrote a 'sequel' of sorts called the wars of the roses covering the next period in english history.

i came back from a trip this morning to find a present on my doorstep:

These are both fantastic! I've been really in the mood for something on witchcraft lately, as my santa could tell from my wishlist, and crowley is a perfect addition to my stock of occult lit :3:

thanks so much!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

chernobyl kinsman posted:

awesome man, i'm really glad you like them! ballingrud is one of my favorite living horror writers so i'm happy you dig him. if you like the plantagenets, dan jones wrote a 'sequel' of sorts called the wars of the roses covering the next period in english history.

i came back from a trip this morning to find a present on my doorstep:

These are both fantastic! I've been really in the mood for something on witchcraft lately, as my santa could tell from my wishlist, and crowley is a perfect addition to my stock of occult lit :3:

thanks so much!

Awesome! I was afraid you had already read The Witches since it wasn't on your wishlist and am glad it worked out! I was also keen to get one on Salem because some of my ancestors settled in that town in 1636 and were related to a few of the accused. Glad too the Crowley has a nice new home.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

nefarias bredd posted:

I made the excellent mistake of ordering books online for my person and none of them have turned up yet so that I can send them back out. Don't worry though, they will be on their way as soon as they arrive here assuming they arrive on time and otherwise I'll get something sorted.

Also, what's this?

Could it be?

It is!

This looks wonderful (though emotionally trying!) - I couldn't find your username within the package but thank you so much whoever you are!

it's a really beautiful book, so I hope you'll like it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My package has been sent out! Now, onto more important business, opening my gift.

Wrapped with care, and a lovely post-card:

Inside we have...

21 books! I am absolutely blown away.

A few hand written notes.

And a cat for scale.

Thank you incredibly much Safety Biscuits, you couldn't have picked any more perfectly and I'll be walking around smiling all day.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 12, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:stare: that's a whole lotta reading

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Megabound posted:

My package has been sent out! Now, onto more important business, opening my gift.

Wrapped with care, and a lovely post-card:

Inside we have...

21 books! I am absolutely blown away.

A few hand written notes.

And a cat for scale.

Thank you incredibly much Safety Biscuits, you couldn't have picked any more perfectly and I'll be walking around smiling all day.

Wow very nice! When I saw Tolstoy I started to wonder how many board feet of books that was, that goodness its less than a cat! :D

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Megabound posted:

My package has been sent out! Now, onto more important business, opening my gift...

And a cat for scale.

Great, I'm glad you like it :3: Have a great time reading them. You have a really cute cat too!

NTRabbit posted:

:stare: that's a whole lotta reading

It's not as much as it looks because those are short books - there weren't open copies in the shop, but complete works were short stories or essays. The Frogs is pretty short, and that was one of the longest books.

E: I've begun to turn everyone's unboxing photos into a museum of Christmas cheer, check out the second post.

Safety Biscuits fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 12, 2016

TheManFromFOXHOUND
Nov 5, 2011

Flaggy posted:

Holy poo poo. This is amazing. Thank you so much Santa. I have wanted the Annotated Lovecraft since it was released. I have had wanted to read A Edible History of Humanity for a very long time. This is amazing. Thank you so much.

I will most likely be up all night reading the Lovecraft and save the Edible for my long drive home. Thanks!!

(My wife made fun of me because I was jumping up and down)

Glad you enjoyed them :D
An Edible History of Humanity was one of my favorite books I read last year.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The gift from my Secret Santa came in this morning! I'll open it and send pics when I get off work. I'm very excited!

In other news, my gift to my Santee should arrive today or tomorrow as well.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

TheManFromFOXHOUND posted:

Glad you enjoyed them :D
An Edible History of Humanity was one of my favorite books I read last year.

Thanks so much again, you are going to make my 20 hour drive much more bearable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
I sent my book a couple of days ago, hope my santee likes it!

• Locked thread