Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
We're almost done, One Way or Another, and either way, God help us, we'll make history. But before it does (and in case my :toxx: kicks in), there was something I wanted to say.

For all those who cast their votes without fear, and are now shaken, nervous and wondering what to do or where to go from here, hearken.

It looks bad. It is bad; this race is closer than any sensible person would have it. It seems that we are headed, no matter what, for disappointment. I am disappointed; I wanted to be proud of my country. I wanted to say that a sexist, fascist, insecure bully of a man, who derides his opponents, who commits sexual assault on his whim, was run out of town on a rail, and never came this close to the highest office our country holds. Alas, that future is not the one we have.

But do you know what? I will take that future, and I will own it. I will not give up my faith in humankind, and I will not stop fighting for what I believe. And I most certainly will not leave this country and abandon improving our lots here. Because that is what nihilism and hatred want. They want-nay, require- the forces of love and truth, of the eternal search for greater harmony and justice, to quit, to throw in the towel and declare the human race not worth saving. But that is something I will never do, not ever, because I renounce the argument of tribalism and the power of bitterness and spite to destroy humanity. Our Lord would not have that, the Buddha would not have that... Anne Frank went to her death believing in the worth and dignity of every person, and I will most likely never be in her position because for all of the efforts of evil, the world is better than the unhappy time she lived.

And why is it better, pray tell? Because people did not give up, of course. Think on the past 600 days and consider why you did as you did, why you fought so hard for your outcome. Why did you donate to you party, why did you canvass and call voters to get out the vote, why did you get into arguments in real life and on Facebook about the issues with your friends and family, even strangers- why did you engage, why did you try? Heck, I gave to my church and PP for the first time ever....and look at this here thread! SA raised over $25k to fight sexual abuse- that's us did that! And why? Was it just so one party would win, so that your guy would get to live in the big white house? No: you did it because it was right.

It is right that a woman should not be raped or molested. It is right to treat our elders with respect. It is right to open ourselves up to a different culture, and not to spurn somebody for their skin color. It is right to defend the little guy. It is right to learn different religions. It is right to embrace diversity, and reject hatred. It is right to stand up to a bully; it is right to be kind. You fought for these things in doing what you did, and in that fight you should be proud. You should be righteous in the knowledge that you did good, and in goodness' name, you should continue, no matter what. You should continue, because the world needs you, especially when power goes astray. You should continue, because your children might be watching the TV, but they watch us closer, and we need to show them what to do.

So no matter how this story ends, hold your head high because you did good, and nobody can take that away. Because we still have each other and can rely on each other for strength and solace if wee need to. Because no matter what the pundits say, no matter what the opposition says, no matter how much the victors will crow and gloat, it does not change that Trump is a bully, Trump is a coward, Trump is an abuser of woman, Trump is a tyrant, and Trump does not deserve the office that he seeks.

There will be other stories to be told, other battles to be won, and I intend to be there to see them through.

How about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Hurrah!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
We should not honor our elders. Our elders the boomers have laid waste to this nation. This is their last hurrah, a final insult to the nation. I pray to God to save us from the Nuclear Armageddon this vile generation will almost certainly unleash upon us all. As my favorite metal band said of Reagan in Battalions of Fear is true of his vile children, our parents.

Their American dream and little place in the universe is built on our blood and now I fear they the generation born under the A bomb will unleash it upon us all as their final act. God how could you allow such a generation of narcissists be born to this world?

• Locked thread