Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol the dnc chair thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nonsense posted:

lol the dnc chair thread

the sheer effort being put forth to justify 0 change whatsoever (largely through pretending the dems have done anything other than lose for the last half a decade) + defense of corey booker is p. beautiful

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

lol the dnc chair thread

p good snipe tbh

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

The D&D treatment of her is just really kind of weird and gross anyway. That was some outright obsession with silencing a dissenting viewpoint just for the sake of it.

2010 was a dark time to say anything negative about obama in D&D

people were still unironically using the terms "political capital" and "eleventh-dimensional chess" back then

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Paineframe posted:

people were still unironically using the terms "political capital" and "eleventh-dimensional chess" back then

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Main Paineframe posted:

2010 was a dark time to say anything negative about obama in D&D

as recently as last year i got called a gbser in d&d for calling obama's tenure as president a wet fart in comparison to how he campaigned

don't d&d

for that matter don't gbs either, it's just as bad (especially their political threads)

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
lately a lot of names I was sure were going to run expressed that they don't have any intent to. Biden, Booker, Brown, Cuomo, Franken, Harris, Kaine, even Michelle Obama. I dunno how much weight that carries, I haven't really tracked how many people end up running in elections when four years ago they said 'no i'm not doing it'

sadly, Hillary Clinton is not among these people. c'mon just come out and say 'no i am done with this poo poo', it's not that difficult and somewhere in your reptilian heart you must know that you truly are done with this poo poo

not a lot of names that I think have that much promise. Duckworth's cool, she's a good bet, Sanders and Warren haven't declined yet to run and I'd be down for them, but...we'll see how eager they are if Trump has like a stroke in office, age still is a limiting factor

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
So for all we fear a centrist getting nomed in 2020, how is a centrist suppose to win the delegates now that superdelegates got cut down to 1/3 of what it was in 2016?

Sanders won decisively with white voters in most states with a progressive message and Hillary got saved by the Clinton's reputation with African Americans. Millennials went for Sanders and in 2020 they'll be more reliable as voters because they are 4 years older. If the next Sanders guy gets 40% of the AA vote it's prob enough for them to win the nom: and which centrist/establishment figure got the AA vote locked down like the Clintons did? Cory Booker?

Typo has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Feb 22, 2017

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Cory Booker is the fear atm, yeah.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Typo posted:

So for all we fear a centrist getting nomed in 2020, how is a centrist suppose to win the delegates now that superdelegates got cut down to 1/3 of what it was in 2016?

Sanders won decisively with white voters in most states with a progressive message and Hillary got saved by the Clinton's reputation with African Americans. Millennials went for Sanders and in 2020 they'll be more reliable as voters because they are 4 years older. If the next Sanders guy gets 40% of the AA vote it's prob enough for them to win the nom: and which centrist/establishment figure got the AA vote locked down like the Clintons did? Cory Booker?

Theyre going to try and run a centerist with a better record/less of a record than Clinton, hype their experience, they'll most likely be either a PoC or LGBT, maybe retry the Obama tactic of running on a change message but then morphing back into a reptillian neo-liberal capitalist after securing power.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lenin's reanimated corpse/mao's reanimated corpse 2020

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

Theyre going to try and run a centerist with a better record/less of a record than Clinton, hype their experience, they'll most likely be either a PoC or LGBT, maybe retry the Obama tactic of running on a change message but then morphing back into a reptillian neo-liberal capitalist after securing power.

So Booker

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Booker gay so what

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I think Cory Booker won't get nearly the black voter support that Obama and Hillary did.

Actually, that's a thought, what if Obama re-inserts himself as kingmaker? Right now I feel if he endorses someone then there's you nominee. Even if he doesn't go out and campaign for them until the general.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

breaklaw posted:

I think Cory Booker won't get nearly the black voter support that Obama and Hillary did.

Actually, that's a thought, what if Obama re-inserts himself as kingmaker? Right now I feel if he endorses someone then there's you nominee. Even if he doesn't go out and campaign for them until the general.

lmao b-rocks gonna chill at millionaire Island, forever living a void of fucks to give

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama's speech at the 2020 DNC will be a Skype call of him clearly on the beach

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
He is also replaces his slow delicate pauses with audible slipping from a coconut cup

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol

also its BILLIONARE island not millionare island

i hope he chills out and has a good time and stops trying to take over america and take the guns etc etc

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Baloogan posted:

lol

i hope he chills out and has a good time and stops trying to take over america and take the guns etc etc

Ambitious enough to become president, too lazy to actually do the job of taking all the guns away from you racist shitlords.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama wasn't going to invade Canada, deal with it neoconailures

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

Obama's speech at the 2020 DNC will be a Skype call of him clearly in space.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
booker has claimed, though, that he has no presidential plans for 2020

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/cory-booker-president-2020/index.html

now of course that can be interpreted as 'i am not looking there yet but once the year comes around i might think on it' but considering how long these things take to get organized, i dunno

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

One things for sure: he couldn't just be telling the exact same lie that candidates always tell four years out from an election.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

lol

Is there some app where you can track private planes for billionaires and get alerts if they all leave the US at the same time

It'll look like the end of an episode of Captain Planet where all the bad guys fly away, but instead of a happy ending, we all die

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

The democrats are doomed

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Shao821 posted:

The democrats are doomed

Good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shao821 posted:

The democrats are doomed

Pretty much

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Lincoln Chafee's got this.
https://youtu.be/gkcAeEhtCbU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Franken/Boot Edge Edge 2020

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

obama going to a private billionaire's island for a vacation is extremely democratic party

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If the Democrats nominate Trump, then no one would vote for him again, because who in their right minds would vote for a democrat anymore?

Check and mate :smug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

seeing that large margin of victory in the special election in Delaware, as well as the closer-than-expected GOP victory in one of the Connecticut special Senate elections, makes me feel that Democrats will use them as an excuse to throw out any mild candidate into races and expect them to win. it will work to some extent, but not enough as actual left candidates being trotted out on the regular. and then they'll try and translate that strategy into the presidential race and who the gently caress knows what will happen. trump is unpopular but so is the lovely democratic message

perez shouldn't be nearly as bad as debbie was, but he'll still suck

btw there's a guy in the Virginia governor race who recently declared his candidacy, Tom Perriello. he's the former congressman for VA-05 and has shifted left since. he gave a good interview with Slate. if he wins out, i could get behind him or someone like him

Main Paineframe posted:

i've never understood the term "eleventh-dimensional chess" because plain ol' two-dimensional chess is already a game where you have to think a few moves in advance. and i still hear and see people use it today, it isn't a product of seven years ago

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kill 'Em All

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

it will work to some extent, but not enough as actual left candidates being trotted out
yikes :whitewater:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/836769064353693696

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zegermans posted:

I wonder if her peaceful anti-government protest will get a barrel bomb dropped on it like her hero Assad.

oil barrels, barrel bombs. Tulsi of Assad knows it all.

Shao821 posted:

The democrats are doomed

ya it's pretty hilarious lol

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

what do you expect when you poll orcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS