Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/836986792293322753

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
tulsi liked the sound of perpetual middle Eastern wars

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

logikv9 posted:

tulsi liked the sound of perpetual middle Eastern wars

Why was Tulsi Gabbard considered a viable standard bearer for anything again?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Alter Ego posted:

seems like she hates the middle east more than she likes progressive policies so whoops

no one really knew about the middle east stuff before tho so.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alter Ego posted:

she backed bernie and nobody had realized that she sucks when that happened

however as she is now known to be a poo poo i don't think she is considered a standard bearer of anything by anyone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tulsi The Lion al-Gabbard

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

get that OUT of my face posted:

seeing that large margin of victory in the special election in Delaware, as well as the closer-than-expected GOP victory in one of the Connecticut special Senate elections, makes me feel that Democrats will use them as an excuse to throw out any mild candidate into races and expect them to win. it will work to some extent, but not enough as actual left candidates being trotted out on the regular. and then they'll try and translate that strategy into the presidential race and who the gently caress knows what will happen. trump is unpopular but so is the lovely democratic message

perez shouldn't be nearly as bad as debbie was, but he'll still suck

btw there's a guy in the Virginia governor race who recently declared his candidacy, Tom Perriello. he's the former congressman for VA-05 and has shifted left since. he gave a good interview with Slate. if he wins out, i could get behind him or someone like him

i've never understood the term "eleventh-dimensional chess" because plain ol' two-dimensional chess is already a game where you have to think a few moves in advance. and i still hear and see people use it today, it isn't a product of seven years ago

Please make a thread about the Periello race. I am gonna be doing one for Ossof soon

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

The only litmus test for the left is with bernie or against bernie

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

seems like she hates the middle east more than she likes progressive policies so whoops

no one really knew about the middle east stuff before tho

No one knew except for anyone who paid attention to her facing a primary challenge from the left in her district

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The Person Primarying Tulsi 2020 after research and consideration

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

She rallied a bunch of people at the Dakota Access Pipeline protests.

She actually owns in most regards.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

https://twitter.com/imwiththoughts/status/837512858112045056

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Please make a thread about the Periello race. I am gonna be doing one for Ossof soon
i'd rather let someone in Virginia do that

Vox Nihili posted:

She rallied a bunch of people at the Dakota Access Pipeline protests.

She actually owns in most regards.
she doesn't own in foreign policy, she's a bloodthirsty hawk who idolizes Modi, the Indian Trump

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i don't know what her modi issue has to do with being a blood thirsty hawk. afaik she's against middle east wars like the libyan debacle, against arming salafist rebels in syria, etc

like, shes bad on being islamophobic, shes bad for being supportive of modi, but i just don't see how it's accurate to call her a hawk

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Mar 4, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gee guys are we sure the virulent islamophobe is all taht bad

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"It's fine if they kill each other, and if Modi kills them" is not actually that big of a moral step up from "Kill them ourselves" because the central idea for both positions is that she'd like it if muslims died.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Tulsi met with PEOTUS Trump because he and bannon liked the sound of her middle East stance

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't care how much foreign wrong think anyone has as long as they support uhc and aggressive wealth redistribution domestically.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tulsi was smart enough to bail on the DNC before the poo poo hit the fan so she's already better than a lot of the rest of the bad dems

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I say this as someone who supported Bernie: it's okay to hate Tulsi.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Echo Chamber posted:

I say this as someone who supported Bernie: it's okay to hate Tulsi.

It's also ok to think Tulsi is fine.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

how about no

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'd rather let someone in Virginia do that

she doesn't own in foreign policy, she's a bloodthirsty hawk who idolizes Modi, the Indian Trump

She's like a 3 on the 1 to Clinton hawk scale. Opposed Syrian intervention, in fact consistently speaks out against proxy wars and regime change in general. She has some bad Hindi-related biases though I agree.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hmm... I donno

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Oh Snapple! posted:

The D&D treatment of her is just really kind of weird and gross anyway. That was some outright obsession with silencing a dissenting viewpoint just for the sake of it.

What about her viewpoint did people dislike so much?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It should be extremely easy to look at Tulsi and go "I think we can do better."

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What about her viewpoint did people dislike so much?

It cast Obama's work in a negative light.

That was literally it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I hear all this "damning" stuff about Tulsi, but then I think back to the Democratic Candidate of 2016 and I don't see much of a difference.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It should be extremely easy to look at Tulsi and go "I think we can do better."

:agreed: But the same could be said about almost everyone in the Democratic Party.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

I don't care how much foreign wrong think anyone has as long as they support uhc and aggressive wealth redistribution domestically.

The LBJ gambit.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Found the LBJ voter

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tulsi was only anti Libya because letting Ghadaffi murder everyone would have led to markedly less Muslims

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hillary-aligned talking heads have been trying to shank her with things like this ever since she endorsed Sanders. All the Dems stood up and clapped for Trump when he walked into the room, when he mentioned protecting Israel, etc., but apparently Tulsi also clapped for something else? Oh no!

Meanwhile she's anti-PATRIOT Act, pro-legalization, pro-refugee, green, etc. etc.

She supports cuts to military spending but still maintains the reputation of a veteran with the pro-military types.

Of course liberals hate her, she could actually win something.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

Tulsi was only anti Libya because letting Ghadaffi murder everyone would have led to markedly less Muslims

Haha the US efforts in Libya and Syria have saved so many Muslim lives, haven't they?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Liberal here. Maybe opposing war actually makes you a dangerous hawk? Just a thought.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Nice projection

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zegermans posted:

Are people juts going to keep peddling this thoroughly debunked bullshit eternally or is zegermans a special case

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
tulsi defense force, engage *india-pakistan nuclear war breaks out*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vox Nihili posted:

Hillary-aligned talking heads have been trying to shank her with things like this ever since she endorsed Sanders. All the Dems stood up and clapped for Trump when he walked into the room, when he mentioned protecting Israel, etc., but apparently Tulsi also clapped for something else? Oh no!

Meanwhile she's anti-PATRIOT Act, pro-legalization, pro-refugee, green, etc. etc.

She supports cuts to military spending but still maintains the reputation of a veteran with the pro-military types.

sir this is a picture of nancy reagan

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Are people juts going to keep peddling this thoroughly debunked bullshit eternally or is zegermans a special case

Noted mentally stable dictator Ghadaffi was totally not about to exterminate every person in rebel strongholds from the air before the Europeans intervened of course.

Anyway as soon as Trump starts war with Iran, Tulsi will be cheerleading because it means more Muslim blood for her elephant god.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

loving Clinton's incompetence saddled us with the horrifying specter of the Trump presidency! Our only hope is to swing haaaard left, and nominate his biggest fan in the entire Democratic house.

• Locked thread