Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Condiv posted:

this is a pretty good opinion piece on why hillary was a bad candidate and bernie would've won

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/10/hillary-clinton-lost-bernie-sanders-could-have-won

lmao wapo is now shilling for bernie. gently caress everyone at that paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MysteriousStranger posted:

It's not her management skills. It's that the Democratic party sucks and liberalism is at core a bunch of assholes punching down.

her vp pick was done not because he would help her win, but because of a favor. her management skills are poo poo. shes spent the past 20 years turning the dnc into a party of yes men and shills who are convinced of their own superiority. gently caress em all

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

So when literally nothing Trump promised happens in four years but his Pence shadow presidency has completely annihilated all labor unions and work protections they once enjoyed, will the rust belt people come back? Because if not they can feel free to be sucked into fast moving machinery halfway through their 18 hour shift.

how the gently caress do you not understand? THEY DON'T VOTE AGAINST SOMETHING, THEY VOTE FOR SOMETHING. show them a better way and inspire, dont just say "look at that lovely guy, what a piece of poo poo he is hahaha"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I don't mean like she's a nobel prize laureate who should know better; I mean if you're a rational person and you have a media platform that you can leverage to try and accomplish goals that you personally believe in, you might want to figure out how to do so without stomping all over your own dick. if you're only there to entertain people that's cool, but you can still do that in a way that doesn't gently caress up stuff you might actually want accomplished.

california is a bastion of smug retards who live in their own echo chamber,

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Condiv posted:

i have no issue with ex-hillbots

i want to do my best to disabuse the remaining hillaries of the notion she was a good candidate

she loving helped trump win the goddamn primaries. thats all you really need to say

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lazorexplosion posted:

It's time for the left to wake up to the fact that constructing echo chambers around themselves has left them cripplingly weak at framing their arguments in ways that actually appeal broadly.

actually its time for the left to murder every single clintonista that has any semblance of power

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

etalian posted:

Hill Folk tried to argue with me that Bernie didn't do enough and should share the blame for her loss.

Even though he endorsed her and campaigned to support her.

if you want to see some clintonista salt go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/
its hilarious how they refuse to look inward

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Battle Royale Baby posted:

Criss post but holy poo poo Chuck Schumer is a fan of Son of Sam

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/797054454201806848

chuck schumer is a rat, he knows when to bail to another ship

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

LmaoTheKid posted:

I don't know what I can do but goddammit I'm going to try my hardest to try to help Ellison get the hen.

well the plus side is absolutely noone in the history of the world actually has enthusiasm for centrists

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lmao

https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/797152411647377408

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

why is the dnc chair at that conference
:shrug:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

So I live in Florida, still at school and younger than Venom Snake, but I'm pissed as hell and I can't take it anymore. Already wrote the email to Bernie about Keith Ellison. I have the summer free, what can I do within in the Democrat Party system?

go find donna brazile at the conference in florida and yell at her

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

hopefully all the clintonites continue to blame others while the rest of the dnc is slowly plunging their knives into their backs

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Peel posted:

theory: lena dunham, or whichever celebrity you dislike who endorsed clinton, had a neglibile effect on the election or a slightly positive effect among a demographic you aren't part of, while nobody else cared, and is a topic somehow even more pointless than relitigating the primary

theory: every single hollywood shill that publicly laughed at the notion that trump could be president actively harmed the clinton campaign by creating a larger and larger echo chamber

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

Maybe that's why I'm here and me and my family are trying to unfuck things now? Perhaps it's because there has been a revelation of sorts?

is it a revelation? or is it a bunch of hacks desperately trying to keep their jobs when they see which way the wind is blowing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

bump_fn posted:

it can be both and that's fine

no it isnt, the dnc needs passion, not a bunch of bottom feeders and yes men

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/797836749326155776

lmao he quoted himself on an inspirational quote thing

what a piece of poo poo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

kibaces posted:

is the 2016 tumblr white female tears up yet?

yeah but its a fetish site

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

personally i think the way forward is more superdelegates

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol Hillary ate so much poo poo for lines like that when her opponent was blasting winners like "no puppet, no puppet" and "nasty woman"

trumped up trickle down sounds like it was written by committee, much like everything she said and or did

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

logikv9 posted:

hillary over-relied on the polling which was completely off the mark, while obama's polling (generally polling during 2008, 2012 overall) was actually on the money

if the polls reflected what actually happened you would have seen money flow into those states that she lost. not saying that it was 100% the polls fault, but they had a faulty map guiding a well-tuned machine more or less and they were so confident in their map and their machine that they didn't bother to look up

so basically what you are saying is she was mitt romney?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

logikv9 posted:

every line by every other political campaign was designed by committee, it's only more immediately apparent when you compare it to a campaign run by the seat of somebody's pants

well yeah, but the good ones don't sound like they were

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

any person that takes 10 goddamn hours to deliver a concession speech and then ends it with "scripture tells us" should have their entire family run out of town on a rail

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

logikv9 posted:

one of the biggest issues facing democrats now is that it's a machine damaged beyond repair that can be remade into something so much better and efficient, except there's nobody good to use it on in 2020

Thanks Clintons!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

logikv9 posted:

i think it's also partially expectation, if you expect the candidate to be run by committee there's going to be confirmation bias on anything she says

although that becomes a fault on her part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxfMUEf9otQ

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Condiv posted:

and whatever she blew on poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51HuNX41Fg

i would not mind it much if every person that had something to do with the making of this video suddenly developed excruciatingly painful cancer

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

shes not a terrible person, and hating her personally is weird

she is a coward and cowards are trash

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

sullat posted:

Once a million souls are sacrificed in the name of neoconservatism, Margaret Thatcher will be released from her prison and lead the West to a new golden age.

a million souls was reached within months

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Joementum posted:

Democrats should pass a law that says you have to call them "clips" instead of "magazines" and then harness the heat emitted by the ever-building internal rage of gun forum dudes as a green energy program.

the democrats are all idiots, they wont be passing any laws anytime soon

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

guns are cool and badass. run on that
robin hood is also cool and badass, run on that as well

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

So what can incoming (and remaining) Dems in the House & Senate do to most frustrate/stymie Rs? Coopt the R strategy of gridlock?

they could do that, they will not do that however as the only requirement to joining the democratic party is to have your spine surgically removed

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

logikv9 posted:

guns are for pussies

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

huh, i guess guns ARE for pussies

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

while the center is slowly somberly emptying Clinton is calling to concede. Like, what the gently caress you couldn't go on stage to concede? I'm waiting for the longer Newsweek writeup (do they still do that?) that shows that they probably didn't even have a concession speech and thats why we had to wait for the next day afternoon.

clinton conceded 12 hours late because she is a loving coward

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lol

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/802082005433405440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pon de Bundy posted:

anime avatar having weirdos have no place in the DNC , you hold us back

Memes are the future

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pon de Bundy posted:

Hillary lost to Donald trump . The first time , okay , the really charismatic first time black president , okay she can deal with that , but you lose to Donald trump how can you recover ? She's only human

nice try lizard person

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nameless_Steve posted:

ABSOLUTELY. I campaigned my rear end off in Florida, and we did a fantastic job on the ground where they sent us, squeezing every last vote out of the blue counties. But this war was lost by the generals, and they lost it in the air with their ineffective advertisements and weak messaging.

If I'd been a strategist, you would have seen much better than that weak-tea "children are watching" ad.

We would have seen attack ads targeting Donald Trump for faking donations to veterans' charities and pocketing the money for himself to buy Tim Tebow helmets and huge portraits of himself and relieve his own debt. "Donald Trump pretends to support veterans. Don't believe him."

If I'd been a strategist, you would have seen attack ads highlighting that most economists say Donald Trump's policies will result in another recession, with the tagline: "Don't let America be Trump's seventh bankruptcy."

If I'd been a strategist, you would have seen positive ads highlighting the fact that, contrary to Trump's grim and psychotic vision of the current state of the country, and though we still have a lot of room for improvement, things were a lot better than they were 8 years ago. "Gas prices under $2.50/gallon? Thanks, Obama. 20 million more people with health insurance? Thanks, Obama. Unemployment down to 5%? Thanks, Obama." and then you would have had Hillary say "But we've still got more work to do. We've got to get better jobs, which is why I support raising the minimum wage to a living wage. We've got to get equal pay for equal work. We've got to get our country growing again from the bottom up."

If I'd been a strategist, you would have seen attacks on Trump, and the hypocritical Republicans, who claim to support "traditional marriage" and then go and vote for a guy who says "til death do us part" every decade when he cheats on her with a newer model he found in a catalog. The "traditional marriage" folks voted for a guy who thinks being a celebrity gives him the right to grab and kiss married women. Compared to Donald, Bill's a boy scout, and if Hillary had had an unguarded moment at the debate when the subject was brought up where she pointed out that Bill's adultery hurt her, too, but she loves him and they worked out their issues, then that would have won over at least a few dozen thousand white women in the midwest. But... she's always wearing that bulletproof vest, literally and figuratively.

And, hell, maybe I would have engaged on the trade issue, too, and I wouldn't have told her to pretend to dislike TPP because of how the wind was blowing. Free trade sucks, sure, but fair trade that protects the environment and the rights of workers is something that she shouldn't have been ashamed to support. TPP has a few kinks to work out, but it is absolutely the best trade deal we've ever made. She shouldn't have run from it.

yes, surely the solution to beating donald trump is to give him MORE airtime

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Obama apparently has come out saying that marijuana ought to be taxed and regulated like cigarettes and alcohol.

Gee if only there was something he could have done about it back when he had a favorable legislature or the ability to set agenda for agencies like the DEA.

And at least one of those things he can still affect and the fact that he is still talking about how something ought to be done instead of actually doing something with his remaining time only highlights how he was the Republican president the GOP has known since Reagan -- he lets them run things and then provides them a convenient boogeyman when their way fails in a spectacular fashion.

lmao what a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nocturtle posted:

I don't follow Democrat party politics too closely, but mainstream political opposition to Trump's nascent presidency from progressives/Democrats seems to be entirely centered around a single 75 year man. Is Sanders just getting all the media attention right now, or is the Democrat bench really that shallow? I'm just casually skimming news + magazine websites, but I see Sanders appearing in Rolling Stone and on the Late Show and no other prominent Democrats. Maybe I'm just missing stuff.

hillary clinton has spent the past 20 years destroying every strong democrat who could be a threat to her and replacing them with clinton shills. now all the clinton shills have scurried away

• Locked thread