Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Swedgin posted:

I wrote a bunch of Facebook posts over the last four months constantly reassuring my shook family and friends that there was no legitimate reason to be shook, that Hillary would win

now I'm so thoroughly owned that I've barely eaten or slept in the past two days

:same: but oddly my sleep has come more easily and I have slept more restfully than I've slept in months

I still only sleep 4-5 hours a night but man those are some good hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i was owned terribly by myself a lot. i guessed huckabee would win the GOP primary lmao. i said repeatedly there was no way trump would win the nomination as late as February. there were a couple of brief moments where i thought bernie might actually pull it off. and by election day even though i was a bit more skeptical than some in here i was still thinking hillary was going to be the prez

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I got cobbed so hard I had to revive an account dead for 5 years with a page long LF rapsheet

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
my name is phi230 and i feel grief

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I am a corncob, butter me up cuz i'm done. No additional salt required.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Phi230 posted:

my name is phi230 and i feel grief

You know, Tezzor, you're all right

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I never really doubted that Trump would win the primary, but in the general I drank the 538-New Yorker-NYT kool aid like everyone else and inadvertently ended up owning myself.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

cult member at airport posted:

Bill Mitchell and Scott Adams were right and I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt :negative:.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
what if getting owned is actually cool and good

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
I am so owned that I am now considering active participation in local politics god have mercy on me

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
also I don't even remember why i chose this username but I was indeed owned by my home state of PA

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

tinstaach posted:

I'm calling Hillary by 15. Book it.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get owned again

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Definitely owned here. I bought in to the idea that Trump corncobbing Jeb! and Rubio in the primaries was good, and voted Hillary in the primaries because of how tough she looked during the Benghazi hearing. But just looking tough in the face of accusations, bullshit as they might seem, still isn't a winning strategy. Our side doesn't have the kind of cognitive dissonance to make something like that work.

Venom Snake's post about how we tried to overextend too much on the Obama strategies resonates with me. I'm still not ready to buy the "bernie people told you so" line totally, but I'm at least listening now.

even if the polls were worse I'd probably have been in denial thanks to 2012, loving owned

edit: should have just empty quoted this

Bill Mitchell and Scott Adams were right and I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt :negative:.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

I mean the only difference is that RAINN got money instead of Lowtax.

Except for the permas, they'd have to have a new name and give Lowtax money.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Render unto Lowtax the things that are Lowtax's, and unto RAINN the things that are RAINN's

i guess.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Saw the polls, bought in. Owned hard enough to violate the 13th amendment

americong
May 29, 2013

I am americong

I was owned first by the Hillary supporters, and then I was owned by Donald J. Trump

I am owned, big league

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

StateOwned posted:

I am so owned that I am now considering active participation in local politics god have mercy on me

This may in fact be the only way to stop being owned in perpetuity.

We have been marked with original ownage and now only constant vigilance and epic levels of care can absolve us of it.

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
Sean Hannity
Bill Mitchell
/pol/
r/the_donald
Donald John Trump

All of the above owned me entirely. I'll never be un-owned from this event. I am fully cobbed.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I got owned; trying to figure out what to actually do about it rather than sit around and sulk.

I initially thought PA was going red and talked myself out of it.

I argued with someone here that Hillary made more sense as a candidate because she beat Bernie in a shitload of swing states.

I'm angry about the Hillary canvassers that literally walked by my neighborhood without knocking on a single door while I got two visits from Bernie people during the primaries, one on primary day.

I bought into the "she's so much more qualified, you'd have to be crazy not to choose her" hype and held my nose while voting.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

it makes me sick to see these Corncob-Americans who think they can get away with yellowface.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

zen death robot posted:

This but I knew he was dead after March 15th and accepted that Hillary was competent enough to win. gently caress.

We have all made some terrible mistakes this cycle.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

VikingSkull posted:

what if getting owned is actually cool and good

then we're all the coolest, and goodest

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

As first results came in I told everyone in my class not to worry because Clinton was gonna win by like 5 points. :negative: OWNED.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
I refused to get worried about Trump and put $100 down on Hillary. :negative:

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know
Some communist asked to have his rambling screed put here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797546

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

so this is what it feels like

to be owned

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Dear God even Karl Rove was more right than us this time around, I've never been this owned before.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

snakeandbake posted:

then we're all the coolest, and goodest

gently caress yeah

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

The Puppet Master posted:

Feels owned man

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Well just ate my ban. I will miss my avatar.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I ordered a Hillary shirt that still hasn't been delivered :laffo:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i was a hill shill from the beginning, i didnt think trump could possibly win, i can't even vote because i'm a canadian. i am owned in every way it is possible to be owned, and even some that are, strictly speaking, impossible. i am the ur-cob, the most wretched vegetable. i deserve nothing but scorn and woe. my pitiful existence is a veil of corn syrup and tears.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt.

:same:

Voted Clinton, made bad Facebook posts after. I am an occupant of the Own Zone. Join me, fellow owners. The pain cleanses you.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

GobiasIndustries posted:

I ordered a Hillary shirt that still hasn't been delivered :laffo:

owned by the USPS

CalvinCoolidge
Dec 27, 2008

I haven't seen a single apology from anybody with regards to you all making fun of Scott Adam's six pack. That was uncalled for.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I don't think anyone I voted for won their race, I'm basically another man's property that's how owned I am.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Dear God even Karl Rove was more right than us this time around, I've never been this owned before.

You can tell a ton of votes had already come in at that point. Don't give him too much credit!

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Foreverially corncobized and loving it.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
this is when it gets exciting really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I think everyone would agree that we deserve it, and nobody feels sorry for us.

• Locked thread